Status: new

The Only Hope for Me Is You

The Least Of Our Worries (Electronic Joker)

“I wonder what they’re doing...we need to get going.” I say to Kobra, looking down from my comic. He nods in agreement.

“They could be doing anything…” he says and sees me flinch; I remember what they did to me when I was in there.

“Just out of interest…” he continues, “…what happened in there?” I put my comic on my lap.
“You don’t have to tell me.” He says, placing his comic down also. I shake my head.

“No, I should tell you.” He turns to me and listens.

“Experiments…” I see him wince slightly. “They started with the pill, testing out their new ingredients, but I refused to take it. I thought they would try and force it down me somehow but they didn’t; instead they gassed me, but upped the dosage so it knocked me out…” He takes my hand.

“I’m so sorry you had to go through that…”

“It’s not your fault-“

“It fucking is. I could have shot down that Drac as soon as he got you.”

“No Mikey, it’s not. If you’d have shot it, god knows what would have happened. You did the right thing.” I lean in and kiss him lightly. “It’s their fault, everything is…”

We both jolt as we hear bangs next door in Gerards room. Mikey shakes it off and goes back to his comic for a couple of seconds, before putting it down,

“You want some coffee?” he asks, I nod and he kisses me lightly, sets his comic down and walks out, I carefully observe his ass as he does, giggling to myself and returning to my comic. I jolt for a second time as the bangs occur again.

“What the fuck…” I set my comic down and walk over to the wall separating mine and Gerard’s room, I lean my ear against the plaster, I know this seems wrong but I just want to know what the fuck is going on.

Straight away I hear the squeak of a bed and guessed what’s going on…have Gerard and Cyanide made up? I produce a huge smile but it’s then brushed away when I hear something else, a loud moan…but it doesn’t sound like Gerard, nor does it sound like Cyanide…

“Holy fucking shit…” I gasp, no…they…they can’t be…they wouldn’t…would they?

“What’s wrong?” I jump and turn to the direction of the voice, and come face to face with Mikey holding two mugs.

“Um…I…have no fucking idea…” Mikey places the mugs down on the side table, confusion mounts on his face.

“What the fucks going on in there?” he walks up to the wall but I stop him by the shoulders.

“If you favour your sanity Mikey…” He takes away my hands and leans his ear against the wall. I sigh…shit.

“Mikey, we can’t be sure.” I see his face turn from curious to complete disgust.

“Oh my fuck…that is…that is just…” he pulls away from the wall flapping his arms towards it, shaking his head.

“It might not be…we can’t jump to conclusions...” Although I know that we’re right.

“Oh come on there are clearly three people in there.” He rubs at his forehead. I do agree with him, that is insane.

“I need some air…” he sighs, “and we need to get Atomic, god knows how long they’re gonna be in there…” he winces., and I nod,

“We can’t just leave without them…” But then I think of all the things they BL/ind be doing to her; she’s younger than me for god sake. He’s right, we can’t wait any longer.

“I’ll keep them updated.” He pats his pocket containing the walkie talkie and I nod. Still looking disgusted and keeping his distance from the wall, he puts away his comics and hands me the Star Wars one.

“You can have it.” He tries on a smile even though he’s disturbed. I take the comic, smiling back at him, kissing him lightly.

“Thanks.” I throw on my jacket and we walk out the bedroom and through to the living area, I spot Jet Star sitting at the table, feet up on the chair opposite, reading the newspaper. He looks up at us,

“We going now?” he asks, clueless about what’s going on in the other room. I nod and he puts down what he was doing, grabs his holster from the sofa and puts it on, nodding towards me, but then looks around, confused, “Where are the others?” he asks.

“Busy.” Says Kobra, strapping on his holster too, taking my hand and leading me out the door, Jet Star following, shrugging. We walk out into the sun and to the car, Kobra opens the passenger door for me as Jet Star climbs into the back, I smile at him and enter the car, he lets go of my hand and closes the door, returning to the other side of the car and slumping into the driver’s seat.

I take his hand again, resting our entwined hands on my thigh, I give him a small smile, he smiles back and starts the car, as the engine noisily ignites ,a puff of black smoke spurts out behind us, Kobra looks ahead at the open road, “Let’s go get her.”