Status: new

The Only Hope for Me Is You

Or Until My Heart Explodes (Electronic Joker)

“Mikey…wake up…” I say, slapping his cheeks lightly, I feel tears starting up, what if he doesn’t wake up? What if they had already killed him? It would be all my fault…

I lean down and kiss him lightly on the lips, squeezing his hand at the same time. A tear escapes from my eye and rolls down my nose, landing on Mikey’s pale cheek.

Suddenly he stirs, jumping upwards, gasping slightly. I jump backwards in shock; he’s coughing and spluttering and gasping for air. I watch, eyes wide open as my boyfriend recovers. I can’t wait any longer so I chuck my arms around him there and then, even though I know we have little time to get out of here before the bomb goes off.

He jumps again slightly, touching his wounds and wincing. He then looks down to me and brings me in closer, stroking and kissing the top of my head. I look up,

“I’m such a idiot, I’m so fucking sorry…” I say, I notice that tears are now streaming down my face, falling onto his jacket.

“Shhh, it’s okay…” he reassures me, stroking my cheek lightly, my tears making tan streaks across his dust covered fingers.

“But it’s not!” I begin, sniffing and slumping backwards away from him, “You almost died because of me…” I pound my fist to the hard floor beneath us. Mikey takes my hands bringing them together in his, kneeling up slightly.

“No Lauren,” he begins, pulling me towards him again, “He is your brother, I understand.” He glances over to Poison who is kissing Cyanide tenderly and then looks back to me.

I bury my head in his chest, still crying but he brings it back up to his, thumb on my chin.

“It wasn’t your fault, it was theirs.” He says, nodding up to the camera, giving it a stern frown for a second and then turning back to me.

“We should go…” I say, squeezing his free hand with both of mine. He leans down and presses his lips against mine heavily, wrapping his arms around my waist, bringing me in closer as I place mine around his neck.

His warm tongue slides into my mouth and caresses my own, our lips moving slowly in sync, the electric tingle passing between them. I lean up a little bit more as he pulls me over them, not breaking the kiss and now I’m now practically straddling him.

“LAUREN STOP TRYING TO GET SOME AND GET THE FUCK OUT OF THERE.” Cyanide shouts from behind us.

I pull away from Mikey, not sure how to feel after that first comment, I see that Mikey’s gaping at Cyanide as he pulls me up, stumbling slightly, finding his balance and we walk towards the door, hand in hand.

We come to a stop in the doorway, Cyanide has stopped in front of us and is looking down the left of the corridor we came down, eyes wide.

“Cy, we have to get out of here.” I say, hand still attached to Mikey's. She doesn’t move.

I turn and look at what she has her eyes so fixed on, my face then goes the same as hers as I see that we are facing what must be more than thirty SCARECROWS marching towards us, guns cocked, and that includes Korse, who seems to be leading the pack.

“Fuck…” sighs Mikey. I see Cyanide shake her head and think for a second, but we don’t have a second. I look back at the clock and see we have less than five minutes to take down these SCARECROWS and get the hell out of here.

“I’ve got it…” Cyanide says, holstering her gun and turning to Frank and whispering something in his ear. For a moment Frank looks shocked at what’s being whispered to him then Cyanide explains some more, Franks head hanging, he nods.

I walk up to Cyanide, taking Mikey with me.

“What’s going on?” I ask, she turns to me, I can’t read her expression one bit.

“You guys need to get out, you’ll see what I’m doing.” She tries to get past me but I block her by putting my free hand on her shoulder,

“Are you crazy? There’s no way we’re leaving you here.” She takes my hand off of her shoulder, holding it in hers,

“Trust me.” She squeezes it slightly. I consult for a second, then nod.

“I hope you know what you’re doing.” I say, walking over to the others, I see that Frank has explained it to Gerard because, Cyanide and Gerard are hugging as Frank joins.

The two of them join me and Mikey and walk ahead, but I stop as I see Cyanide encouraging the SCARECROWS towards her, she signals for us to run but I can’t; Mikey pulls on my arm. I watch as Cyanide runs into the room with the bomb,

“IS SHE FUCKING NUTS?!” I shout, I run towards her, making sure I don’t let go of Mikey but he stops me by running in front of me.

“She knows what she’s doing, we have to leave her to it!” I try and look behind him but all I see is SCARECROWS piling into the room Cyanide is leading them in to. I look back to Mikey,

“Come on…” he says, leading me away as we pick up speed, leaving Cyanide to deal with all thirty SCARECROWS on her own.