Keep the Secret

3.

About an hour later Gerard walked into Frank's room, he saw Frank sit cross legged on his bed looking at a photo. Gerard walked over to Frank and sat next to him.

“Is this your mama?” Gerard asked looking at the photo.

“Yes,” Frank said as he rubbed his eyes.

“She is very beautiful,” Gerard smiled. “Don't cry, you can write to her if you want.” Gerard offered. “I have some paper and ink. So when ever you want to write I'll give you some.” Gerard smiled.

“Thank you,” Frank smiled appreciating the offer.

“It's tea time, come on.” Gerard said as he took Frank's hand and they walked down stairs. Down in the dining room was a grand looking table; it had some vegetables on it with some meat.

“The good thing about living with a vegetable farm is that we can eat all the left over vegetables without paying.” Gerard smiled as Frank sat next to Gerard at the table.

“Hello Frank, how are you feeling?” Donna asked as she put a plate down in front of Frank, it was filled with vegetables and a few slices of meat.

“I miss my mama,” Frank said.

“Don't worry; you'll see her again soon. Now I don't expect you to eat it all since you're probably not in the mood. Don't worry the boys will finish it off for you,” Donna smiled as Mikey sat at the other side of Frank and everyone began to eat. “Honey,” Donna said as she looked at Gerard. “I have a delivery for Mrs. Bell, would you like to take Frank and deliver it?”

“Yes okay, is that okay with you Frank?” Gerard asked Frank slowly nodded his head.

Dinner went alright, Frank didn't eat a lot but he tried. Mikey and Gerard then split it and practically hoovered it down. The children then thanked Donna for cooking before helping clear everything away and washing the dishes.

“Okay, can you deliver this bag, you know where she lives. Show Frank everything on your way,” Donna said as he handed Gerard a small brown bag.

“Come on, Frank.” Gerard said as they walked out the house. “It's not that long of a walk.” Gerard said as they started to follow the path Frank came up earlier. “So, um, why don't you tell me about yourself?” Gerard asked.

“Okay, um. I'm Frank Iero, I am 10 and I was born on the 31st of October. I like to play games,” Frank said not really knowing what to say. “What about you?”

“Well I'm Gerard Way, I am 11 and I was born on April 9th, I like reading and playing games.” Gerard smiled.

“I wish I could read,” Frank said.

“But you're 10, are you stupid or something?” Gerard asked confused.

“No, I just never got the hang of it.” Frank shrugged; he then saw they were coming up for the town.

“Well, over there is mama's vegetable shop. There are the butchers, there is the school, that's the town hall and that's the train station.” Gerard said pointing to small buildings. “Not many people live around here, you'll soon know them all soon. Over there is Mrs. Bells' house come on.” Gerard smiled as they walked over to a small cottage. Gerard chapped the door and waited, the door soon opened and an older lady stood there with a smile on her face.

“Oh, good evening Gerard, are those my vegetables. Give your mother many thanks and here,” Mrs. Bell reached into her pocket and pulled out a tiny bag, she opened it and pulled out a few pennies. “Buy yourself a sweetie. Oh and who is this?”

“This is Frank, Frank has been evacuated and now he lives with us.” Gerard said, “thank you for the pennies,” Gerard smiled as he took the money.

“Lovely to meet you son, I'm Mrs. Bell.”

“Nice to meet you as well Mrs. Bell,” Frank said politely.

“Come on Frank,” Gerard said as he handed the lady the bag and dragged Frank away. “I'll buy you a sweetie,” Gerard smiled as they crossed the road and walked into a tiny shop. “Pick a small one,” Gerard said.

“Oh, um, okay.” Frank stumbled over to the sweet section and picked up a lolly pop. “Can I have this, please?” Frank asked awkwardly.

“Yeah, I'll have one as well.” Gerard smiled as he picked up another lolly pop and walked over to the woman serving. Gerard handed a few pennies over and walked back out, giving Frank his sweet.

“Thank you,” Frank smiled as he pulled the wrapped off it and put it in his mouth.

“They're good aren't they?” Gerard smiled as he sucked on his, Frank nodded his head.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoy this :)

Zoe xx