Keep the Secret

9.

That night Donna and Frank sat in Frank’s room with lots of paper and ink. Donna was going to write the letter then Frank was going to copy it onto another letter.

“Is this right so far?” Frank asked as he let Donna read what he copied so far.

“Perfect, you’re getting much better as the days go.” Donna smiled as she picked up her book and started to read it as Frank slowly copied out the letter. “Are you finished?” Donna asked looking over at Frank who put the pen down.

“I think so,” Frank smiled as he handed the paper over to Donna, she read through it before smiling.

“It’s perfect; would you like me to read it to you again?” Donna asked.

“Please,” Frank smiled as he sat back and looked at Donna while she read.

“Okay;

Dear mama,

I am doing well thank you, I am living with a lovely family. Donna Way, Gerard Way who is 11 and Mikey Way who is 9. So I have people to play with, there are also a few boys my age who live close by. I start school in a week and everyone is helping me to read and write. Donna wrote this out and I just had to copy it. But soon mama, I’ll be able to write to you without any help! Donna said of course you can come down, you can come visit me any time you like and she would even pay for half the train fair. I told you she is nice.
I have been helping her in the vegetable market, I water plants, feed chickens then work in a shop, and I serve people because my maths is good. I’m scared about starting school, I wish you were here to hug me and tell me everything will be fine.
But I will see you soon mama, take care of yourself and don't miss me too much.
Frank x
How does that sound to you Frank?” Donna asked as she looked up at Frank.

“Perfect, can we send it now?” Frank asked, not wanting to waste a second.

“Hold your horses, we'll do it first thing in the morning and she should get it very soon. I'm proud of you, Frank. Being able to write like that in such a short amount of time. You're a brave boy,” Donna smiled as they boy stood up, Frank jumped into bed before looking up at her.

“Mama said that to me a lot,” Frank yawned as he lay his head down on the pillow.

“I can see why, good night.” Donna smiled as she walked out the bedroom and turned off the bedroom light.

As soon as Frank's head hit the pillow he was basically out, sleep was becoming easier for him. Now that he is slowly adjusting to his new life.

“You can't really be serious? You're just a retard.” Frank looked about, not being able to see who was speaking.

“Exactly, look at yourself you don't stand a chance. Not even your own mama wants you” Frank turned around quickly and saw the Way brothers standing there.

“No, you're wrong she loves me” Frank protested.

“Liar, liar, liar.” The boys sang, sticking their tongue out at him. “We don't even want you, but we had to take you.” Gerard hissed.

“No, you're lying!” Frank shouted back.

“They're going to get you Frank, the Nazi people. They're going to get you like they're getting your mama!” Mikey snapped.


Frank shot up instantly, he looked around him. Sweat was dripping from his forehead, he was now slowly realising it was just a dream, hopefully. Though something didn't feel right, he didn't feel comfortable being alone.

Hopping out of bed, Frank grabbed hold of his blanket and walked through into Gerard's room. He doesn't really know why him, he just didn't want to be alone right now.

“Gerard,” Frank whispered as he gently nudged the sleeping boy. “Gerard, wake up.” Frank said a little bit more loudly, nudging Gerard a little harder.

“Hmm?” Gerard mumbled turning over and opening his eyes ever so slightly.

“Can I sleep in here tonight? I had a bad dream.” Frank felt very little right now. Having to ask a stranger basically if he can sleep in the same room so he isn't alone. “I'll sleep on the floor if you want.” Frank said not really wanting to be a bother.

“No it's fine,” Gerard said as he shifted his body over and opened the covers so Frank could crawl in.

“Thank you,” Frank smiled as he climbed in next to Gerard and pulled the covers over him.

“Don't mention it Frankie,” Gerard mumbled as he closed his eyes and started to snore quietly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't updated in a while, long story. I'm back now, don't hate me.

Zoe x