Is the 'I Love You' Worth It?

Congratulations!

I'm in the waiting room at my gynecologist's office. Boo hiss. I haven't talked to Tre about yesterday yet, and I'm worried about it. I'm starting to think that I worry about stuff too much.
"Lisea?" the nurse calls from the door leading back to the exam rooms.
I sigh and get up from my chair. I was only sick once this morning, and I think it's because I am so nervous.
I follow the nurse back and let her measure me. She leads me into a room and says,
"She'll be in with you in just a moment."
She was right. The doctor was with me in less than a minute.
"So, how have you been?" she asks me, setting up the stuff for the exam.
"Well..." I trail off. She looks at me. Sighing, I say, "I'm not a hundred percent sure, but I think I may be..."
"Pregnant?" she asks. I fight off starting to cry and nod.
"Well, let's see, shall we?"
I have to go pee in a cup, which is way harder than it sounds. When I return to the exam room, she takes the sample. "By the end of the rest of the exam, we'll have the results," she says. "Shall we continue?"
Guh, no. As Tre said, I'm prodded at for fifteen more minutes and apparently everything is working, and not infected. I consider that a good thing, as the last person to occupy that space WAS Tre. That's something to take into consideration. Before the doctor goes to get the results of the test, she lectures me on birth control. I have to resist rolling my eyes like a fourteen year old.
"Well," she says re-entering the room, "it looks like we've been backed up in our lab, so we won't have your results until tomorrow."
"What?" I say. I have to wait a whole extra day to find out?
"We'll call you some time tomorrow," she says.
Well this sucks. I head home to my place, hoping I won't find Tre's friends have taken over the entire house. He's waiting on the front stairs for me when I pull into the driveway.
"What's up?" I say closing the car door.
"I'm sorry about yesterday," he says getting up to meet me at the edge of the steps.
"It's okay," I say hugging him.
"It's just- I was lonely, so I called them to come over and check out the place, since they haven't seen it yet."
"I know."
"And, I don't know-"
I cut him off. "Don't worry about it. I'm not mad. I had just had a really bad day, and I'm dealing with stuff right now, so I'm stressed out. That's all."
He opens the door and lets me in first.
"Dealing with stuff?"
"Yeah, chick stuff," I say. "Hey! You fixed stuff!"
He grins. "I felt bad."
My couch has been replaced and he cleaned up all the shit they brought over.
"I talked to Billie Joe, and he says he's sorry too," Tre says siting on the edge of the couch.
"He's so sweet," I push him back on the couch off the arm and sit on his lap.
"Yeah. And we've designated the basement the video game area."
I grin at him. "You're sweet."
He shrugs, slightly embarrassed. "So, how was the doctor?" he asks pulling my hair out of it's ponytail.
"Uh," I sigh. "The doctor."
He laughs. "Sucked that much, huh?"
I roll my eyes. "Of course."

***

"Hey," Tre says shaking me awake.
"I'll do it later," I mumble, rolling over.
"No, someone's on the phone for you," he says handing me the phone. I look at him groggily to see if he's playing a trick on me, but he just sits cross legged on the bed facing me.
"Hello?" I say into the phone, trying to sound awake.
"Lisea Lyons?" a friendly voice says.
"Yeah," I say sitting up. Tre's staring at me. It's rather annoying.
"This is Michelle from BayView Women's Health," the friendly voice says. "We have the results to your test."
"Test?" I say. Then I remember. Oh god, why does Tre have to be staring at me right now? "Oh, yeah. That's right."
"Well, congratulations," she says. It sounds like she's grinning. Well, that's one of us.
"Thank you," I say, my voice shaking.
"You're welcome! We'll call you next week to schedule an appointment."
"Thanks." I hang up the phone.
"Test?" Tre says cocking his head to the side.
"Uh, yeah, it was just a blood test to see what's wrong with me."
"Wrong with you?" he says laying his head in my lap.
"You know, how I've been feeling crappy."
"Oh yeah. Are you okay?"
"Yeah, it's just a flu thing, or something like that," I say. I need to change the subject. "What do you want to do today?"
"Meh, I don't know," he says playing with the drawstring on my pajama pants. "You work?"
"No, thank god."
He smiles at me.
"We'll think of something. I have to go to Mike and Billie's at, like, three to rehearse, but you can come if you want."
"We'll see okay?"
"Yup," he nods.

I tell him I decided I don't feel very good so I'll sit out this rehearsal. When he leaves, I curl up in bed and cry. Ugly cry. How am I going to tell Tre? All of the fears I've had the past couple of weeks are realized now. After an hour, I hear Tre at the door. I rush into the bathroom and splash cold water on my face to cover for crying. I don't want him to know anything's wrong. Luckily, the bathroom is connected to the bedroom, so it takes me no time to get back and into bed.
"You awake?" he says quietly as he comes into the room.
I decide to just pretend that I'm asleep so he'll go watch TV and leave me alone. Eventually I do fall asleep.

When I wake up at nine, Tre's still zonked out. I have to work from ten to two, so I get ready to go before he wakes up, so I don't have to talk to him. I hope it's really busy so I don't have to think about... stuff. I leave him a note telling when I get home and head out the door.

"LISEA! YOU GET TO TAKE INVENTORY TODAY!"
Well, inventory keeps me busy my the entire shift and counting baggies of chocolate chips occupies most of my mind. At the end of the day, I decide that for better or worse, I have to tell Tre. I don't know how he's going to take it. I just hope it goes well.