Status: Complete

What Doesn't Die

No More Secrets

“Are you sure you don't want me to be come over?” Emma said from the other end of the phone.

“Well, of course I want you to come over, if you know what I mean.” I replied with laugh, although I was entirely serious.

“Brian.” Emma said, I could practically see her blushing.

“Anyway, no I got this.”

“Jeez, if someone were eavesdropping on our conversation they would think we were talking dirty.” Emma states, I laughed.

“Probably, I kinda of was though.”

“Brian.”

“Ha Ha, I made you do it twice.” Yep, the conversation still sounds dirty.

“Goodnight!” she yelled, obviously giving up.

“Night, Tell Abby goodnight for me.”

“I will, I love you.” I smiled, I don't think I will ever get tired of hearing that.

“I love you, too.” I said before hanging up.

I walked over and sat on my bed. I have to figure out a way to tell my parents about my expulsion. It's not that I am afraid of them, but I am afraid of letting them down. It may not seem like it, but it is one of my biggest fears. I don't want to be nothing, but it feels like that's all I will ever be. I guess because that's what people always told me. I was pulled from my thoughts by a knock on my door.

“Come in.” I was surprised to see not only Matt, but Johnny, Jimmy and Zacky.

“What the fuck happened Gates!” Matt yelled as he walked through the door.

“I got in a fight.”

“Obviously, but why?” Matt asked from his spot on the floor.

“Kyle called Emma a slut.” I said, hoping that wouldn't ask the real reason why.

“We heard that part, but what else?” Zacky asked. I looked to Jimmy, hoping that he would help me out.

“Guys, it's not really any of our business.” I sighed, bad move on part, but I did.

“Alright, something is up and we wanna know what.” Matt stated, looking from me to Jimmy suspiciously.

“Nothing man.” I said.

“Come on Gates, you know that you can trust us.” Johnny said, I was gonna hate myself for this, but I had to get them to drop it and this is the only way.

“Yeah, I can trust you, Matt and Jimmy.”

It got quite and I looked at my hands, I didn't look up until I heard a door slam. And when I did, I saw that Zack was gone.

“Man, what's going on?” Matt asked.

“It's not really mine to tell.” I said.

“But you told Jimmy?” Johnny asked.

“No, he didn't tell me Emma did.” Jimmy retorted.

They started bickering amongst themselves, I guess I could talk to Emma about it. I mean, I really trust these guys. And I know that they would never tell.

“Guys, shut up for a second.” I said as I reached for my phone.

“What are you doing?” Jimmy asked.

“Calling Emma.”

It got quite, I waited for Emma to answer.

“Hi!” A sweet little voice greeted.

“Hey, sweetheart!”

“What are you doing?” Abby asked.

“Just sitting here, missing my girls.” she giggled.

“Mommy wants to talk to you!” she yelled, I think it's cute that she yells on the phone. Something she picked up from Emma's grandpa.

I heard a rustling, then Emma.
“Hey.”

“Hi, how are you?”

“Fine I was putting Emma to sleep when you called, she saw your picture on my phone and got all excited.”

“Aw, I love that kid.”

“I know, that's one reason why I love you so much.”

“Glad to be of service.” I replied.

“What were you calling for?” Emma asked.

“Um, it's gonna be a random and odd question.”

“Okay, I hooked, ask a way.”

“Can I tell the guys?” I blurted out.

“About Abigail?”

“Yeah.”

“Yes.”

“Why?” I asked, baffled by her response

“Well, I have been thinking. Allison and Kyle are holding the whole Abby thing over my head, right?”

“They are?”

“Well, not really right now, but I am not usually one for being frightened into things. I didn't let Kyle scare me into having an abortion, so he can't scare me now. But anyway, think about it, Brian. They are trying to scare me with threats to tell everyone about Abigail, so if I tell first there is nothing to be scared of.” she said, damn she is smart.

“Damn, your right.”

“So, yes, you can tell the guys. Abby wants to say goodnight.” she said.

“Goodnight! Me and Mommy love you!”

“Night-Night sweetie, I love you and Mommy too.” I said, before hanging up.

I turned to the guys and saw that Johnny and Matt looked confused.

“Well, Can you tell them!” Jimmy asked, overly excited, like always.

“Yep.” I turned to Johnny and Matt before I spoke.

“Emma has a daughter.”

“What!?” Johnny and Matt yelled at the same time.

“Yea, don't start with the questions I'll tell you the whole story.”

“OK”

“Well, Emma and Kyle dated freshman year, as you know. Well she got pregnant, Kyle wanted her to have an abortion but she said no and he broke up with her. So, she was home schooled the rest of her freshman year and sophomore year. Abby is three years old.” I said then sighed

“So, is that why you really fought that Kyle guy?” Johnny asked.

“Yea, but there is more to it. Emma told me that he told her not to tell me about Abigail. Then got mad when she did.”

“Why does he care?” Matt asked.

“Well, he doesn't want anyone to know. That's why she kept it secret.”

“Then, why did Emma just agree to us knowing all this?” Johnny asked.

“She doesn't care what Kyle wants anymore, she isn't going to keep Abby a secret anymore.”

“Well, good.” Jimmy said, as the door open.

“Matt your mom called and said she wants you boys to, and I quote, 'get you sorry asses home and clean your mess!'.” Papa said.

“Shit! See ya, Gates.” Matt said before bolting out the door, Johnny and Jimmy not to far behind. Dad walked in and sat next to me on the bed.

“So, I got an interesting call today.” Dad said looking at me.

“Yeah, I forgot they call. Why didn't you say anything?”

“I wanted you to come to me.”

“I was about to, but they got here first.”

“Yeah, why did you get expelled?”

“I got in a fight.”

“Over Emma?” he asked.

“And Abby.” I said.

“Then all I have to say is it was a good reason.” he said before walking out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY! sorry it took so long i was distracted by Fallout Three.

Any-who, i want feedback people!

And i also have another Brian story, it's a co-write with my bff amimarievee . -----> abSYNthe

i love you all!

Special Thanks To:
syntastically_summer
Star Angel
Jazz1617
ladyofsorrows101
Lily_Massacre