Status: Complete

What Doesn't Die

The Grass is Greener

I looked over at Jackson, I am not gonna lie I am fucking scared to death.

“What are you doing?” I asked.

“I wanted to tell you something, son.”

“Well, what is it?”

“I never meant any of those things that I said to you. I was trying to drive you crazy so that you would break up with Allison, cause I knew what she was doing.” he admitted.

“Why didn't you just tell me.”

“Well, I caught her with him and she made me promise not to say anything, and what can I say she is my little girl.”

“Well, thanks. I guess.” With that Jackson got out of my car but before he shut the door he leaned in and spoke.

“Brian, don't hold yourself back because of this, you'll do just fine with either one of them.”

“Thanks.” I said, he shut my door.

**Time Lapse**

I took Matt and Jimmy home after promising them that I would call if I needed them. When I walked through my front door my dad got up and went outside leaving me alone with my mom for the first time in what seemed like ages. I walked over and sat down next to her on the couch.

“Brian.” my mom spoke

“I love you, but if you ever scare me like that again I will kill you.” she said

“Sorry, I love you, too.” I said before hugging her.

“It will get better, dear.”

“Yeah, I think it already is.” I said before going to my room, I was fucking tired.

The Next Day

“Brian!” my dad yelled from my doorway.

Ugh, what does he want this early I thought glancing over at my alarm clock, seven fucking thirty in the fucking A.M.! What the hell dad!

“BRIAN! GET THE HELL UP!” he yelled in my ear.

“WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT!” I screamed jumping up and getting in his face.

“The school called, and if you don't get your ass to school they are going to take me to jail.” he replied, I could see I pissed him off a bit by getting in his face.

“So?” I asked. Yes, I know I am being a little bitch but, I don't think I can go there and see Zacky and Allison all giddy. And if I know Zacky he has already told the world, and I would much rather just lay in bed till Matt, Johnny and Jimmy come over and get hammered with me, than deal with that.

“So, nothing, get your ass ready!” he yelled as he walked out of my room.

Whatever, I don't wanna argue with him right now.

At School

I walked over to Jimmy, who had his back to me, I wrapped my arms around his torso and picked him up and spun him around.

“HELP ME!” Jimmy yelled while he was reaching for Johnny.

I let go of Jimmy and doubled over in laughter,

“Why the fuck did you reach for Short Shit, why not Matt?” I asked through my laughter.

“I didn't think it through.”

“Obviously not.” I replied.
We sat down in the shade provided by a rather large tree in the yard.

“Dude, how come we never eat lunch?” Matt complained.

“Cause if we did we would probably drop dead.” I explained.

“Right.” Matt said, just as Jimmy fell straight on top of him.

“What the hell!” Matt yelled, pushing Jimmy off of him.

“I fell.” Jimmy said sitting on the ground next to me.

“Out of what?” Johnny asked from ground next to Jimmy.

“The Sky.” I said, smacking him in the back of the head for his stupid question, we are sitting under a tree what else would he fall out of?

“Actually, I was the tree.” Jimmy said matter-of-factually.

We all burst in to laughter, which for me stopped almost instantly, for I saw for the first time Zacky and Allie. They were all over each other, and I barely even felt anything. Okay, now I am thoroughly confused. Why don't I care, why aren't I crying, or angry or anything.

“Earth to Brian.” Jimmy said, her then followed my eyes to where I was staring.

“Do you want to go kill him, cause if you do I will help, and I can get Johnny to be a look out. Hey, Johnny, get over here!” he yelled.

Matt, Jimmy and Johnny sat there planning out the murder, I just sat there, listening but when Matt picked up a rock and stood up, I spoke up.

“Slow your roll there Killer.” I said to Matt.

“What, do you wanna do it?” he asked.

“No, I don't care about it.”

“About what?”

I started to speak but in peripheral vision I saw something move, I turned my head and my mouth fell open, there sat the most amazing girl I have ever laid eyes on.

She was slender with brown hair, she had a simple but elegant style, I could tell just by looking at her that she was a classy girl, unlike Allie. I hadn't even noticed that I was walking until I was standing right in front of where she was sitting. She looked up at me and spoke.
“Can I help you?” She asked, god her voice sounds like an angel

“Hi.” Wow, I am normally the king when it comes to this shit, but no, not when I really need it.

“Hello.” She said, but it sounded more like a question.

“I'm Brian.” I said sitting down.

“Emma.” she said.

We sat there for a little bit before she spoke.

“Uh, I saw your friend over there fall out of the tree, is he okay?” she asked.

“Yeah, he does that all the time.”

“Uh, listen I know that you probably think I some creepy guy-”

“I don't think your creepy.” She said, which shocked the hell out of me.

“Well, do you wanna hang out, me and some of my friends are going to the park.”

“Right now?” she asked.

“Yeah, why not.” I said.

“Well, we are still in school.” she said.

“Oh, well I guess I will see you later, Emma.” I said walking away praying like hell to the god that I don't believe in that she would yell for me to wait.

“Wait.” she yelled.

YES! I thought as I turned and walked back towards her.

“Yeah?” I asked.

“Can I bring a friend.” she asked, HELL YEA! I screamed in my head, or so I thought but I guess not considering that Emma giggled and went to get her friend and everyone was staring at me.

I walked over to Jimmy, Johnny and Matt, who are looking at me like I have lost my mind.

“Boys, we are going to the park.”

“Okay, but who is the chick?” Matt asked.

“Emma.” I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
let me know what you think.

Emma