Status: Active :)

Just Friends

Almost Caught

Alex and I were lying down on my bed and kissing just like we had been for the past twenty minutes. I know that it sounds bad, but I love Alex. I wanted him to want me. I wanted him to forget all about Lisa, and just focus on me, even if that means diverting his attention this way.

“Katelyn?” My dad knocked on my bed room door.

My eyes flew up, and I pushed Alex as far away from me as possible. I picked up and book from my night stand, and Alex closed his eyes, laid his head on my lap and pretended to be asleep.

“Yeah, dad?”

He opened the door, and walked in. I motioned toward Alex, and placed my finger over my lips.

“Ooh, is he already asleep?” He chuckled.

“He dozed off like three minutes ago. I told him that I had to finish reading this chapter, so I guess that he just got bored.”

“Okay.” He nodded. “You mom ordered pizza, so I was told to come get you two.”

“Okay, thanks daddy.” I replied with a slight laugh.

“You’re welcome, kitten.”

My dad stood in my doorway, staring at Alex laying his head on my lap. He pressed his lips together tightly as if he was trying to figure out something. He stayed there for five minutes as I pretended to be reading my book.

“What is it?” I asked as his tense expression changed to a look of realization.

“Nothing...I will tell you later. Just wake him up, please.”

I nodded and my dad left the room, and closed the door behind him. I heard him walk down the stairs.

“That was close.” Alex stated, making me slightly jump.

“Never again.” I warned.

“Why not?” He asked, moving hair away from my face.

“Because it isn’t real,” I replied, feeling my voice start to shake.

“What do you mean by that?”

“Alex, really?” I laughed sarcastically. “You are not getting into my pants, you know that...right.”

He laughed a real laugh.

“That’s not what I’m after,”

“Than what are you after? Because frankly, you are confusing me more than usual.”

“More than usual?” He furrowed his eyebrows. “How do I confuse you?”

“You’re more touchy and kissy than you used to be.” I said. “I mean, a year ago, I wouldn’t have thought twice about you grabbing my hand or kissing my cheek.”

“So you’re saying that it isn’t okay?”

“Best friends don’t make out.” I laughed.

“Jack and I do.” He joked.

I gave him a serious look .

“Alex...please.”

“What do you want to know?”

“I want to know why. Why did things suddenly change?”

“When you grew up.” He laughed, but I could tell that he was serious. I nodded, and looked down at my hands. “Look up here.” Alex stated. “You’re my best friend, nothing will change that,”

“Are you sure?”

“I’m positive.” Alex laughed. “Come on, I want some pizza.”

“Sure you do.” I laughed to before we both stood up, and walked out of my room, and down to the kitchen. “Sorry, Lex wouldn’t wake up.”

My mom laughed, and rolled her eyes.

“Hey, Izzy.” Alex smiled at her. “How you lost some weight?”

I rolled my eyes at him.

I mean, sure it’s VERY noticeable, but Alex just had to point that out didn’t he?

“I have.” She nodded, but not like she was happy about it.

I turned my head to the side slightly, and looked at her.

That wasn’t like my mom.

“Let’s eat.” My dad stated, easing the tension that my mom had created.

*

“Okay, so how weird was your mom when we were eating?” Alex asked.

“Thank God that I’m not the only one to notice.” I stated. “All you did was point out that she was skinny, and she like freaked.”

“I know.” He laughed, lightly rolling his eyes. “Want to go hang out at my house?”

“Now why would we do that? We’re already here.”

“Because my pink blankets are very lonely.”

“You mean my pink blankets?”

“Details.” Alex rolled his eyes. “Do you want do or not?”

“Nope.” I stated before I turned on Grease. “I’m watching this movie.”
“Ugh!” Alex groaned, and settled back into my bed. I sat down on the floor, and started to paint my toenails black. “Why do we have to watch this movie?”

“Because it’s amazing. So be quiet before I paint your nails.”

“Wouldn’t be the first time.”

“I know.” I smirked right before I finished painting my toes. “Put this on the counter, will you?”

“Sure.” He stated, grabbing the bottle, and setting it on the table beside of him. Five minutes later, I laid down in the floor. “Why aren’t you up here with me?”

I turned around, and raised an eyebrow at him.

“Do you want me to be up there?”

“Yesss,” He pouted.

I laughed, and I got up from the floor. I sat down on my bed beside him.

“Is this better?”

“No.”

“UGH!” I groaned. “I can never make you happy.”

Alex shook his head, but snaked his arm around my waist, and tucking me into his side.

“You make me happy, silly. You’re my best friend. No girl will ever be above you.” He cooed.

“Shut the hell up. My movie’s on.” I joked, focusing on Olivia Newton John.

He rolled his eyes before he kicked off his Nike shoes, and got under the covers. I laid down beside him, and curled up.

Yeah, I really did love him.

“Katie?”

“Yeah, Lex?”

“Who is the better kisser? Adam or me?”

“Why does it matter?”

“It just does.”

I sighed heavily.

“You,” I whispered back.

“I thought so,” He placed a soft kiss on my forehead. “Loves ya, Katie.”

“Right back at ya, Lex.”

I closed my eyes, and was almost asleep when I swear something else.

“I’m in love with you.”

I was pretty sure it was in my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
AWEEE! This makes me wanna cry! :(

Comments?!?

xoxo Rae