Status: Active :)

Just Friends

So Done.

“Katelyn? Is that you, darling?” My mom’s English voice came as my father and I walked into the house.

“Yeah, mom.” I called back.

“Come one in, Maxim. It’s time.”

I looked at my father with a confused expression, and he just softly smiled at me. My dad led me into their work study, and they sat me down on the couch.

“What is going on here?” I questioned, letting my eyes sweep between my parents.

“Honey, we have to tell you something.” My mom said in her steady, but motherly voice.

“What is it?” I asked slowly.

“This isn’t going to be easy to hear,” My father coaxed me.

“Mom?” My voice caught in my throat as it tightened. I knew that I already had black streaks down the face still from crying earlier. I didn’t bother with telling my father about what had happened, nor did he pry.

“Katelyn, I have cancer.”

“What?!” I felt my eyes widen. “Since when?! How in the hell could you have cancer?!”

“Please sit down.” My mom closed her eyes, and took a deep breath.

Slowly I sat back down, and I felt my body shake.

“You’re getting treatment, right?”

She shook her head no.

“I’m afraid not.” My dad stated beside of her.

“Why not?!” I yelled.

“There is nothing that the medicine can do,” My mom replied calmly. “I’ve been battling it for the last few months. They caught it way too late. Honey, I don’t have much time left.”

I bit my lip as tears once more started to fall from my eyes.

“How long do you have?” I whispered.

“Six months to a year.”

I nodded, trying to digest everything that was told to me.

“That’s not a long time at all.”

“I know.” My mom nodded. “Just know that I love you, Katelyn. Keep that in mind.”

“I will.” I nodded, standing up.

My parents followed my lead, and they both hugged me tightly before I went up the stairs, and into my room. I saw Alex’s black sheets, and my eyes moved to his dark room straight across from my room. I looked down in the driveway, and saw that his car wasn’t there. It was now or never. I had to get rid of Alex. He has to realize that I need him and he needs me.

I took off the bed set, and put it in the huge box. I stuff the set into the box before I went to my closet. I found almost every piece of clothing he left over here, and stuff it in the box. I found a few of the things that he’s gotten me for the birthday, such as the Fuck Pop shirt, and I stuffed them into the box. I picked it up, and took in an unsteady breath. I grabbed my key chain, and I started out of my house and over to Alex’s. No one was home so I used the key he gave me years ago.

I unpacked the box in his room. I took my blankets back, and put his on his bed. I took my stuff from his closet, replacing my stuff with his. I made his bed neatly, and laid the stuff he gave me that I never wanted anymore on his bed. Taking one, last, heavy sigh, I sat down the house key on his bed. I picked up my box, and I walked out of his room, still in costume. I locked the house behind me, and I went over to my own.

I decided that it would be best to wash all of my blankets before putting them back on my bed. I walked to the laundry room and started washing my stuff. Before I could contain it, I started crying again. I felt like I was going to die by the way I was gasping. I picked up the nearest object to me, and threw it against the wall. Detergent exploded against the wall and splattered against the hard wood floor and myself. I didn’t care, I was just hurting.

I backed up against the dryer, and I slid down until I hit the ground when the door bell rang. I ignored it, and cradled my knees to my chest, and bawled into my thighs. I wanted to hurt Alex, I wanted to save my mom, but most of all, I wanted nothing more than to be loved. I wanted Alex to love me, but I know that he will never.

“Maxim, where is Katelyn? I really need to talk to her.” Alex frantic voice came.

“I think I saw her go to the laundry room.”

Damn my dad.

“Okay.” He huffed and seconds later I saw him from the corner of my eye standing in the doorway with a hurt expression. “I’m so sorry.”

I shook my head, and laid it against the dryer.

“Okay.” I replied. I didn’t need this right now.

“I should never put Lisa before you, Katie. You don’t know how sorry I am.”

I turned to look at him, and his face twisted into a sad smile.

“Not half as sorry as I am.” I stated.

Alex came over to me, and he scooped me up into his arms. I clung to him for ten minutes just crying my eyes out.

“Sh…” He cooed, and rubbed small circles in my back to calm me down. “I’m taking you upstairs, and then I will clean this up okay?”

I just shrugged, allowing him to take care of me for the time being.

Together we climbed the stairs, and I went into my room alone. I locked the door before he could come in.

Twenty minutes later, Alex was knocking on my door. I opened up and walked out. I closed my door behind me, and I just stared at him.

“Are you okay?”

“No.” I stated with a powerful voice.

“I said that I was sorry. It won’t happen again.”

“You’re right, Alex. It won’t happen again, because we are no longer friends.”

“What do you mean?”

“You’re rude to Adam, who I like a lot, you forgot about my first leading dance performance, and you put a girl that you stole from your best guy friend in front of someone you knew before you even came to America.” I stated, getting louder, and more annoyed than I was before. “I meant it Alex, we’re done. We are not friends anymore!” I stated before I turned around and walked back into my room. I laid down and cried some more on my bare bed, but I didn’t care. I rolled over just in time to see Alex flip on his light, and see his stuff back in order along with stuff I gave him back. I saw him starting to breakdown, so I turned my back.

Alex isn’t my problem anymore, and until he realizes how bad he fucked up, I’m not talking to him anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
Holy hell. I legit cried.

Comments?

xoxo Rae Marie