Status: Active :)

Just Friends

How Does It Feel To Be 18?

*four months later; Alex’s birthday*

Alex
“Happy birthday,” Lisa stated before she kissed me lightly.

I smiled.

“Hey. Thanks.”

“You’re welcome.” She laughed, linking her hand with mine. “I have a whole night planned out for you,”

“Great.” I forced a smile, and we walked up to our friends.

Well, minus Katie.

She hasn’t talked to me since the night of her performance, but I honestly can’t blame her.

“Happy birthday!” Jack stated before he planted a kiss on my cheek. “I got you the best thing in the world, best buddy!”

“That’s great, Jack Attack.” I chuckled.

“Seriously man, it should be great.” Jack replied.

“How does it feel to be eighteen?”

“Pretty good, I guess.” I replied with a shrug. “You and Lisa will be eighteen soon too.”

Lisa laughed.

“That’s very true.” She replied. “Look, I have to get to class early today. See you guys later?”

“Yeah,” We all mumbled replies.

The moment that Lisa walked off, Adam, Katie, and Cayla all walked into school.

“Alex, are you okay?” Rian asked slowly.

I sighed heavily.

“I’m fine, Ri.”

“Cayla!” Jack squealed as he hugged Zack’s current girlfriend. “KitKat! I know that you aren’t walking away from me.”

Katelyn laughed before she hugged my best guy friend and gave him a small kiss on the lips. “Is that better, Jack Attack?”

“Perfect!” He shouted before walking back over toward us with Cayla in tow. Katie waved to Cayla before she walked off and out of sight with Adam’s hand tightly in her own hand.

“I miss her.” I stated to them all. “This is my first birthday that I didn’t spend with her.”

“I think that you more than miss her.” Kara smiled softly at me. “I think that you love her, Alex.”

“I know I love her.” I replied. “…but she hates me.”

“She doesn’t hate you,” Rian argued.

“She does hate him.” Cayla replied in nearly a whisper. “I’m sorry, Alex, but she never talks about you how she used to. She’s actually happy.”

“I know,” I agreed while I nodded my head. “Come on, let’s get out of here.”

*

“Mom, we’re home!” I stated, pulling Lisa into my house behind me with the guys following closely behind me.

“Kitchen,” She yelled.

We all walked into where she was. My mom was baking a cake with Izzy, Katie’s mom.

“Happy birthday, Alexander,” Izzy stated. She hugged me tightly before pressing her lips to my forehead. “How does it feel to be eighteen?”

“It’s fine.” I replied. “Where’s Katie?”

Izzy frowned.

“She’s out with Adam, Cayla, and Zack, dear.”

“She is?” I snapped. The words came out louder than they were meant too.

“Yes, sir.” She replied with a nod. “I came to talk to your mom, but I was just about to leave.”

“Ooh.” I nodded awkwardly.

“Hey boys.” Izzy laughed.

“Momma McCormick!” Jack stated, hugging her before he kissed her cheek.

“How are you, Jack?” She laughed.

“Good.” He shrugged. “Momma Gaskarth!” Jack stated again before he hugged my mom the same way.

“Well, I’m going to get going.” Izzy stated before she hugged Kara.

“Bye, Izzy!” Kara and my mom called after her.

“Was that Katelyn’s mom?” Lisa asked.

“Sure was.” I sighed heavily.

Yeah…I miss my best friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alex alll heartbroken??? Sadness! :'(

xoxo Rae Marie.