Status: Active :)

Just Friends

Mistakes

Despite my eyes killing me, I rolled over in my bed and sat up anyway. Noises were barely auidable downstairs, but I heard them. Careful to not make a sound, I snuck out of my room, and toward the stairwell. I took the stairs as quietly as possible, and I snuck around the corner to see Alex and Karma standing at the door awkwardly.

"Can we just...forget that this ever happened?" Alex asked.

Karma nodded and smiled softly.

Poor girl. She's just a victim of Alex's boyish charm.

"That would be great. Good luck with your band, Lex."

"Thanks, Karma," He replied and hugged her tightly. "Last night was fun, by the way."

The brunette rolled her eyes sarcastically.

"Yeah, whatever. Bye,"

"Bye," He lightly chuckled as she quietly walked out of the house. I turned around and made my way back up the stairs. I hid in my room, and curled back up in the fetal position. That was definitely how I DID NOT want to be woken up. There was a soft knock on my door, and I knew that it was Alex.

"Go away, Lex."

"Can we please talk?" He questioned from the other side of the door.

"Anything you have to say, you can say from that side of the door,"

"Not exactly. My parents have Eagle-like hearing."

"Alex, shut up and start explaining yourself."

"I got smashed last night with Karma, and we did some stuff that we shouldn't have." I could hear the distress in his voice and I knew that he was leaning against my door's frame. "I'm not going to say that it wasn't nice, because it was... I just didn't mean to fuck up like that."

I had enough. I stood up off of my bed, and maked my way over to the door. Upon opening it, Alex looked like a mess. His sex hair was every which way, but was currently being tugged and pulled from worry. His eyes were slightly red, meaning either a hangover or crying. He was probably just hungover. Another door was opened down the hall, and we both ignored the fact that clearly Isobel stepped out of the room.

"You're really hard to forgive. You know that right?" I questioned, crossing my arms tightly over my chest. Alex's signature puppy dog, brown eyes dulled and a pout formed on his adorable face. "You're also the hardest person to stay mad at too."

Alex's pout turned into a slight smile.

"Does this mean that I'm forgiven?"

"For now," I allowed.

Call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure that I'm in love with this kid.

"Great! Now kiss me, dammit!" His stated as his hands found their way to my waist, pulling my body tightly against his body.

"No." I retorted, allowing my hands to press against his shoulder's lightly.

"Yes," Alex stated as he placed his forehead against mine, completely unaware of his mom and now his dad.

"You make it soooo hard to hate you," I groaned, but never broke my eye contact.

"You could never hate me,"

Alex smirked before pressing his lips to mine. I was hesitant to kiss him back, and after ten seconds, my heart took over my brain. I let my hands slide into his shaggy brown hair, bringing the boy closer to my body. After a minute or so, I pulled away from the boy whom had no idea how much I loved him.

"Now go away. I don't want to deal with your ass," I stated, pushing myself out of his grip. I opened my bedroom door, ready to walk in.

"Can't we just at least cuddle and watch a movie?" He pouted.

"There you go with that damn pout again!" I groaned one more time. "Fine, but no funny business, or I will chop off little Gaskarth with a meat clever."

"So vilent." He flinched.

I moved into the room, and let Alex follow I shut the door. I laid down on the bed, and closed my eyes before I felt my best friend's arms around my waist, bringing me closer to him.

"Go to sleep, Lex. I know you need it." I replied after I rolled over in his arms, now facing him. Alex didn't have a remark to my statement. He knew that I was right, so he just snuggled into my shoulder, and neck.

 

*

 

 

ALEX

 

Yes, I was well aware that my mother were standing out in the hall, hiding poorly as I gripped Katie's waist while we made out. I personally didn't care, because I know that my mom knows. She's caught on to our less-than-secretive relationship that we have going on. If it isn't obvious by us always sleeping in the same bed, me taking her out to nice places, and our secret kisses that her dad had picked up on. It wasn't hard to figure out at all, but I know how our parents are. They won't say anything, but rather let us work out our own problems by ourselves. Both were aware of Lisa and Adam. It wasn't exactly a secret that what we were doing was considered cheating.

Regardless, I didn't feel awful when our lips moved together, and my hands slid up her waist slowly. I enjoyed holding her close to me, and being able to not give a fuck about everyone watching us. But Katie pulled away all too quickly. Somehow, I convinced her to let me into her room. Mistake number one. I did want to cuddle, but I also had other things in my mind. What can I say? I'm a guy. We tend to do that shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awe... Alex is kind of a prick, right?!
God, I fucking love him anyway :)

xoxo Rae Marie