Status: Active :)

Just Friends

You Broke Her

Those noises are loud and disturbing. It was like another piece of my heart was gone every single time I heard a girl scream his name. It was literally killing me. I know that because of the closeness of Alex and my room, I was the only one to have heard, but it still hurt. I got up off of my bed and slammed my door. I ran down the stairs and I knocked on my parents door.

"Katelyn...what's wrong?" My mom asked me upon seeing my face.

"I can't take this anymore mom. I honestly CAN NOT take it in this house. I have to get back to Maryland. I don't want to stay here any longer."

"Honey we can't just leave..." My dad trailed off, searching my mom's pained face.

"Is that what you really want, Katelyn?" My mom asked.

I nodded my head, and tears threatened to spill over my lids.

"Yes. I need to be back in Baltimore."

"Then we will pack our stuff and go."

"No, mom." I stated. "Just me. I'll stay with Cayla. I have to get out of this condo, but you need this vacation."

"Are you sure?" My father asked.

"I'm positive."

"I'll call the taxi company," He replied. "They will be here in two hours."

"Thanks dad," I whispered before hugging them both. "I'm going to go call Cayla."

"Okay." They nodded.

I ran up the stairs, but quickly ran into another body.

"Watch it." The blond hissed before she walked down the stairs and out the front door. I glared in the direction that was came from before going into my room. After I called I started tearing out every bit of clothing I brought with me, and stuffed it in my bags. I rushed to the batroom that Alex and I got to share, and I walked in.

"If you wanted to see me naked, you could have just asked...again." He winked at me. I hadn't even noticed that he was in a towel with wet hair. I rolled my eyes and started tossing my hair stuff into the bag I brought with me. I reached for my tooth brush, but he stopped me. "Katie...what's going on."

I felt tears streak my face.

"I'm leaving." I sniffeled, and snatched my hand away. I grabbed the toothbrush, putting in the bag. I turned around and put my bag beside the rest of them.

"You can't be serious." He laughed. "You're not serious, are you?!" His voice changed to panic.

"I'm as serious as a heart attack." I snapped back, ignoring him as I finished putting the rest of my stuff into my bags.

"Katelyn, you can't." He pleaded and turned me to face him. "Why are you leaving?"

"Think long and hard about it, Lex." I replied bitterly.

His hands cupped my face, and brought his lips back to mine.

"Stay for me?"

"I can't, Alex!" I snapped. "I'm leaving in a little over an hour."

"Then let's make it count," He pleaded. "Please don't leave, Katie. I-I can't take you leaving."

"You dealt with me not being close to you for nearly a year. I think that you can deal with me flying back to Balitmore." "I can't, though." He stated. He looked like he was about beg on his hands and knees. "Please, let me change your mind."

I bit my lip.

"I don't see how you can, Alex." I whispered.

His frantic eyes searched my face for a moment or so before he kissed me passionately.

His words were ringing in my ears.

Let me change your mind.

♥♥♥

"I'm going to the bathroom." Alex whispered huskily in my ear before kissing my naked shoulder blade.

"Kay," I replied half-heartedly.

Alex smiled, kissing my lips and slipping back on his towel. He walked out of the room and a moment later, a knock came at the door.

"Katelyn, the taxi is here."

"Okay," I called back before I slipped back on my bra and underwear. I tossed my pajamas into my carry on bag, and I changed into a cute outfit.
When I was done putting on my converse, I grabbed my bags, and ran out of the room. I got downstairs were my parents were waiting.

"Last chance to turn back..." My dad warned.

"I know, Dad." I sighed heavily. "But no. I have to go."

"Okay...call us when you board and when you land."

"I will, Mom." I replied kissing each of my parents cheeks before I walked out of the condo, and toward the taxi. He loaded my stuff, and I sat in silence. The drive to the airport wasn't long at all, and I nearly screamed in happiness as I got out and entered.

As I was told, I called my mom before I boared and again when I landed. I cried the first thiry minutes of the flight until I fell asleep. I woke up thirty minutes before we landed, giving me enough time to clean up my face. When I left the gate and gathered my luggage, I called my mom to let her know I made it here safely. When I hung up, I walked toward the busy exit, but I spotted my best friends; A tan brunette girl, a muscular blonde with a faux-hawk, a built boy with a buzz-cut, a tiny brunette, and a lanky skunk-haired boy.

"Katelyn!" They called, and waved at me.

I started crying, and hugged Cayla tightly.

"Whoa...what's wrong."

"Alex," I cried even harder as the rest of my friends looked at me strangly. "He's such a fucking douche one minute and Prince Charming the next. I just can't deal with it." I sobbed at the airport.

"What happened, babe?" Kara asked, gently rubbing my back.

"He wanted me to change my mind. No, scratch that, he fucking begged me to stay. I just couldn't."

"We understand." Rian offered a sad smile while Jack took me from Cayla's arms.

"Come on, someone needs some ice-cream," Cayla stated as Rian and Zack grabbed my bags.

♥♥♥

ALEX

"Katelyn?" I asked, walking back into her room. I noticed that her bags were gone. I leave for fifteen minutes and she decides to leave after I begged and pleaded?! "Mom?!" I yelled.

"Downstairs," All four parents replied.

I walked into the living room, and I looked at all eight eyes.

"Where's Katelyn?"

"She left, Alexander." My dad stated.

"Wha...?" I trailed off. "Why?!"

"She missed Maryland." Her mom explained. "She just needed to go home, just wave it off. I'm sure that she will call you later,"

"Yeah, sure." I muttered to myself before I turned around and walked back up the stairs. I went into her bedroom instead of my own, and fished out my pocket. I dialed that familiar number, and I waited at it rang. My heart broke when she didn't answer.

I called her twenty-five more times after I was sure that her flight had landed and I still got no answer. Soon enough, it went straight to the answering machine. I didn't like that. I kept on calling and calling and calling until I could barely kept my eyes open. I called one last time, but didn't get the voicemail.

"Katelyn!" I called loudly.

"Save it, man." My best friend's voice came through the speaker.

"Jack! Please let me talk to her!" I begged.

"Alex, she doesn't want to speak to you. Forget about it. Don't ever try talking to her again. You've finally did it, Lex. You broke her." He spat before hanging up. I pulled the phone from my ear and stared at it for a long time.

The diamond ring in my pants felt like it weighed a ton now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sad chapter :(

xoxo Rae Marie