Status: Active :)

Just Friends

First Kiss

"Alex, are you sure that you want to drive up today?" I asked him as we packed the last of the stuff our parents asked us to take with us.
As a family tradition, on Sunday the Gaskarth family, and my family went up past the grave yard that Tom was buried in, and to a nice park.

"Yeah. Why wouldn’t I be?"

"Because it hasn’t been long since..." I trailed off.

"I know." He sighed heavily. "I was going to go visit him today. Will you come with me?"
I slowly nodded and agreed with him.

"Anything for you, Lex."

"Thanks." He smiled, and pulled me into his arms for a warm embrace. After our hug, we got into his car, and followed our parents up to Izzy’s. Izzy’s was my mom’s flower shop. They stopped, but Alex kept driving up until we reached the grave yard. I know that this would be very hard for Alex, but the way that the sun was shining made it look like a place of beauty. He parked, and turned off the car.

"Are you ready?" I asked in a whisper.

"No." He laughed dryly. "I don’t know if I can do this, Katelyn."

"You can, Lex. I promise. I’m right here." I stated as I placed my left hand over his right.

He looked down at our hands before he turned his over, and pushed his fingers through the gaps between mine.

"Thanks." He smiled sadly at me.

"No problem." I smiled back.

Alex let go of my hand, and we both got out of the car. As soon as we met again, my hand was back in his. I think that he comforted him in a way. To most people, Alex seems like a tough guy that’s nice to a lot of people. However, to me, I see the broken boy inside. He was strong for the most part, but I knew that it killed him. When he first played my a song he titled Lullabies, he couldn’t finish the song. He started crying after the chorus, and muttered the rest of it.

"Hey, Tom." He started off.

My thumb rubbed small circles on his hand to comfort him.

I noticed that he relaxed almost instantly.

 

*

 

"Thanks for taking care of me today." Alex said as he gave me a small smile. "It actually meant the world to me."

"No problem." I replied softly. "You’re my best friend, Lex."

God, it hurt to say that out loud.

Silence took over us again as we sat on the ground, still hand in hand.

"So...remember when I asked you about your first kiss?"

My cheeks heated.

"Um...yeah?"

"Have you yet?"

I shook my head.

"No."

"Do you remember the question that I asked you"

"Um..." I trailed off.

I remember that question well. Of course I wanted Alex to be my first kiss.

Alex went back to looking down at his lap.

"Okay."

"What?" He asked me as he slowly looked up at me.

"I remember your question..."

"And?"

"My answer is okay."

He slightly smiled.

"Really?"

I nodded.

"That’s what best friends are for right?"

Alex nodded. He let go of my hand, and started to turn toward me more. I followed his lead, but I was tense.

"Katie, calm down." He almost laughed. "It’s just me. Nothing weird, right?"

"Nothing weird." I agreed.

He placed his left hand on my cheek lightly, and brought his soft lips to mine for a short kiss.

"And now you just had your first kiss."

I blushed.

"Oh."

"What?" He asked as he looked at me.

"Nothing." I looked the other way.

"We can do it again...if you want too."

I hesitated.

"Okay." I nodded in agreement before his lips were back on mine for another kiss. This kiss was longer, and sweeter. We pulled away at the same time, and my cheeks heated up. "That was fun,"

Alex laughed.

"You do know how to make out right?" He asked me.

My blush deepened.

"No..."

"Come here."

I looked back up at him in the eyes.

"W-what?"

"One more time." He chuckled. "I’m going to teach you how to kiss...even if it takes all night."

"Are you sure? I mean, you don’t have to Alex. You’re my best friend..."

He shook his head and rolled his eyes.

"Just go with it." He stated, his lips attaching to mine once again.

 

 

By the time Alex parked at his house, I knew how to kiss. I got out of his car, and hugged him.

"Sleep tight, okay?"

I nodded.

"You too, Lex."

"Want me to walk you to the door?"

"If you want too..." I trailed off.

Our parents were already home, so I figured mine were waiting on me.

Slowly Alex and I walked over to my house, and up the porch.

"Goodnight, Katie."

"Night, Lex." I laughed. I stood there for a minute as he stared at me. I had my arms opened. "No hug?"

He laughed, and stepped into my hug. We were pulling away when he pressed his lips to mine once again. We stood on my porch sharing a soft kiss for ten minutes. We had to pull away due to a lack of oxygen.

"Goodnight, Katelyn." He smiled.

"Goodnight, Alex." I replied before I stepped into my house.

I knew it that night that I was in fact in love with Alex.
♠ ♠ ♠
I honestly love this!
Tom. That's right...his name is Tom...not Daniel. Alex confirmed this too.

Comment please!!! :D

xoxo Rae