Status: Comments make me update more!!!

Kandi

Nineteen

*The next day*
“You go, I’m not going.” Jimmy protested as Brian and Matt practically dragged him into the rehabilitation center.

“We’re only doing what’s best for you.” Brian growled, sick and tired of Jimmy’s bullshit.

Jimmy mumbled nasty comments under his breath as they checked him in.

“Hello Mr. Sullivan, I’m Dr. Peterson and I’ll be your personal assistant during these few weeks.” The doctor smiled.

Jimmy glared at Brian and Matt then stalked off in the direction of his room without even saying goodbye. Brian sighed and shook his head, he really did hope that this worked.

“What time is it?” He asked Matt.

Matt glanced down at his watch and yawned, “Eleven in the fucking morning.”

Brian nodded and decided it was probably time to go pick up Kandi from Gerard’s house. He was afraid that she might not be getting along with Bandit so he kept texting Gerard to make sure everything was alright until Gerard stopped answering. Brian groaned realizing that he was starting to sound like an over protective mother.

“You looking for a kid now too, Gates?” Matt asked as they got into the BMW.

“I’d like to but you know Michelle, she wants to wait till we’re married and blah, blah, blah.” Brian sighed a bit disappointed.

Matt frowned a bit at how sad Brian sounded. He had known Brian wanted to start a family one day but he never knew that he was so serious about it.

“We’ll before you go trying to have your own kid, you’ve got Kandi to watch after. I’m sure that could be good practice.”

Brian smiled, “Yeah I guess your right. Plus I get to spoil her all I want.”

“When she grows up to be a brat, I’m blaming you.” Matt joked, pulling up in front of the Way’s house.

Brian eagerly got out of the car and raced towards the door. Matt shook his head and chuckled at his friend’s enthusiasm. Brian cleared his throat then knocked on the door a few times before repeatedly pushing the doorbell.

Finally the door opened, “Hey man, what’s up?”

Gerard gave Brian a smile then motioned at him and Matt to come inside.

“How’s Kandi?” Brian asked trying not to sound so worried.

He laughed, “She’s fine. Kandi and Bandit basically played with dolls the whole night then crashed in the living room on the pull out sofa, now she’s outside with Lyn and Bandit playing with Fluffy.”

“Fluffy?” Brian asked.

“The puppy Lyn and I bought for Bandit on her birthday.” He informed Brian.

“Did she eat?”

Gerard nodded, “Yup, we even made cookies.”

He pointed to the tray of cookies on the counter, “Take one if you like, they’re really good.”

Matt walked in and grabbed a cookie before taking a huge bite out of it, “Damn, these are good.”

Brian smiled and took one as well.

“Mmmmm.” He smiled once he tasted the gooey chocolate chip center.

Matt ate at least half of the tray before excusing himself to the backyard to see what Kandi was up too, which Brian quickly offered to go with. Gerard just smiled at Brian, he hadn’t seen this side of Brian before. Brian was playing the role of the parent that Jimmy wasn’t or didn’t want to play at this moment.

“Bri-bri!” Kandi exclaimed looking up from Fluffy and Bandit.

She hopped up and ran over to Brian who lifted her up into a hug, “There’s Kandi. Did you have fun?”

She nodded wildly, “Yeah! Bandit and I played ots of games and have so much fun!”

Bandit smiled and walked over to her dad and whispered something into his ear.

“Yeah Bandit, I think Brian wants to take Kandi home.” He told her.

Kandi pouted, “Aw…..Do I have to?”

Brian nodded, “Yeah.”

He felt horrible when he saw both of the little girls sad expressions.

“But don’t worry, you and Bandit can play again some other time.” He quickly added.

Both girls nodded, “Yeah!”

“Bye.” Kandi waved to Bandit, Gerard, and Lyn-Z who was busy tending to the garden.

Brian buckled Kandi into the car seat and listened to her talk happily about how much fun she had with Bandit.

“Hey Bri-bri?” Kandi asked when they were driving away from the house.

“Yeah.” Brian asked.

Matt turned down the radio so they could hear her.

“Can I get a puppy too?” She asked pulling on the famous puppy dog face.

Brian wanted to say no that he didn’t want a mutt chewing up his shoes and peeing on the floor but once he looked through the rearview mirror into the back seat he was hooked.

“Fine.”

Matt made a whip sound which caused Brian to glare at him, “Whatever.”

“Not even Michelle has you that whipped.” Matt chuckled.

Brian frowned and headed over to the shelter to see if there was a dog they could get there but if there wasn’t he would gladly take Kandi to a pet store and buy her a very expensive puppy. All she had to do was ask and he’d cave.

“Welcome to Huntington Animal Shelter, what can I help you with?” The woman at the front desk smiled once they walked in.

Brian looked down at Kandi who grinned from ear to ear, “I want a puppy!”

The woman giggled softly and nodded, “We have plenty of puppies, go ahead into the back and tell me which one you want.”

Kandi held onto Brian’s hand and walked into the back where the dogs/puppies were. She looked at all of the puppies and smiled wide until her eyes landed on a Siberian Husky that looked sad to her.

“That’s Gabby, she’s been here for as long as I can remember. Tomorrow she’s supposed to be put down.” The woman said with a sad smile as she walked back to see what they were doing.

Kandi looked up at Brian, “Does that mean she’ll go to heaven like mommy?”

Brian nodded, “Yeah, Kandi.”

“I want her.” Kandi pointed at Gabby and smiled wide.

“You said you wanted a puppy.” Brian tried to protest.

“But I don’t want Gabby to go to heaven.” Kandi’s eyes filled with tears.

Brian tried to stand his ground but it only took a matter of seconds before he gave in and was signing adoption papers for the Siberian Husky. The woman opened the cage and let Gabby out. At first Gabby looked cautious not sure what to expect until Kandi walked right over to her and started to pet her fur. Gabby imideatly took a liking to Kandi.

“I love you Bri-bri.” Kandi hugged him before he buckled her in to the car seat with Gabby sitting on the seat right next to her.

“I love you too, kiddo.” He smiled, ignoring Matt’s grin.

Brian couldn’t help but think on the whole way home about having a kid. His own kid that he could spoil rotten and watch grow up. He sighed and decided just for now he’d do that for Kandi, plus she had grown on him. He would be a father figure to Kandi and he determined to raise her right.