Status: Comments make me update more!!!

Kandi

Twenty-one

The next day Brian came in and woke up Kandi so she could get ready for school. She dragged her feet to get dressed and grab her backpack. Brian chuckled at the small girl and just thought about how fun it would be when she was in high school, with her morning attitude.

“Hey Kandi.“ Matt spoke walking through the front door with Johnny since all of the guys were coming over to take her to school.

“Mattie!” She perked up immediately.

“Are you excited for today?” Matt asked with a small laugh as she raced into his arms.

She pouted, “No.”

“Why not you were excited yesterday?” Brian asked coming into the room once he heard her.

Kandi rested her head on Matt’s shoulder, “I tired.”

They all laughed and Johnny took her from Matt’s arms, “I’ll make you some breakfast.”

“Where’s Chelly?” she asked.

“Yeah where is she?” Matt asked.

“She’s out shopping today with Amanda, so Zack should be over any minute now.” Brian replied, yawning slightly.

Right on queue Zacky came in with a box of doughnuts and Starbucks coffee, looking like he ran a mile or too.

“What happened to you?” Matt asked.

Zacky panted, trying to catch his breath, “Star…..bucks…..fans…..barley…..got…..away.”

Brian and Matt both fell over howling with laughter. Zacky glared at the too then shuffled into the kitchen where Johnny and Kandi were. Brian and Matt followed a minute later and were not very happy to see Zacky eating the doughnuts.

“Share dude.” Matt motioned towards Kandi who was eyeing Zacky’s doughnuts.

Zacky smiled with a mouthful of doughnuts then pushed the box over to Kandi and said, “You want one?”

She grinned and quickly grabbed the chocolate and maple doughnuts that had M&M’s on top of them.

“Great all we needed was a hyper kid.” Brian joked and grabbed himself a doughnut as well.

“Can daddy drive me to school?” Kandi asked once she finished her doughnuts.

Johnny was about to change the topic when Gabby raced in from the back yard and jumped up on the counter making Brian race over and put her on the floor. The guys started talking about something else and Kandi grabbed Zacky’s cup of coffee since she was thirsty. Brian looked over at Kandi and snatched the cup out of her hands when he realized what she was drinking.

“Don’t ever drink this.” He groaned then handed the cup back to Zacky.

Zacky sent him and apologetic look then downed the rest of the coffee before tossing the cup in the trash can. Matt picked up Kandi who had a guilty look on her face. He set her in front of the TV with Gabby then walked back into the kitchen after explaining that Brian wasn’t mad at her he was just worried about her. Matt came out with a video camera and began filming as the got Kandi ready and all packed into the car.

“Look there it is!” Kandi exclaimed, bouncing around in the car seat.

The guys smiled and laughed at Kandi. They pilled out of the car and stood in front of the school to take pictures.

Brian kneeled in front of Kandi and tied her hair up for her then handed her, her lunch pail and kissed her forehead before waving her off. He knew that Jimmy should have been here but he was in rehab until he cleaned himself up.

Kandi waved at all of the guys then walked inside of the school. Zacky had tears in his eyes which made everyone look at him funny.

“Are you crying?” Matt asked.

Zacky wiped them away and glared, “No there was just something in my eye.”

“You make a pretty good mommy.” Johnny snickered at Brian.

“Mama Gates.” Matt laughed and they all soon pilled back into the car and left to go bar hopping with the Berry brothers.

Brian couldn’t help but wonder how it was going to be after Kandi got out of school, when they were taking her to see Jimmy. He couldn’t just cut Jimmy out of her life. She was after all her biological father.