Status: Completed

Danger Days: The True Lives of Ritalin Diamond and the Fabulous Killjoys

Na Na Na (Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na) Part 2

Poison raced down south to Zone 6. The radio wasn’t on and silence filled the car. I looked around and saw everyone’s worried looks. I held Neon’s hand and looked to him. He kissed my forehead and stared out into the open desert road. I wrapped my other arm in Ghoul’s. He was taking a drag of his cigarette and I could tell he was as worried as I was.

I was ready though. I needed to do this. I needed to prove to myself that I was strong. BL/ind cannot take control. I will not let them control me and take the lives of innocent killjoys in the process of their domination. I cannot have my mother’s death be in vain.

After a few more minutes of driving, we heard the sound of gunfire. Poison stopped the car and pulled down his signature yellow mask. Jet Star and Kobra Kid came out sunglasses on and guns ready. Fun Ghoul stomped out his cigarette and pulled out his green ray gun. I took out my violet gun from my holster and waited for Neon to pull out his gun too. Before heading into battle, Neon pulled me aside.

“Be careful out there Ritalin. Don’t get too crazy,” he said, “I don’t want a repeat of last time okay, love.” I remembered. It was a couple of days after my mother’s death and we encountered a group of Scarecrows. I was still feeling the grief, the pain and sought to seek revenge against the monsters that took my mother’s life away.

So, I showed no mercy and killed every single motherfucking scarecrow that came into my path. I didn’t stop. Anger and rage filled my vision. All I could see was my mother dead at the hands of BL/ind. I couldn’t stop. It wasn’t until Neon had to push me to the ground and kick the gun from my hand that I stopped and started to shake. I broke down and just cried my sorrows into his chest. Though it felt good to release my anger, I knew I couldn’t let it consume me. I didn’t want my mom to see my like this. She wouldn’t want me to let anger to take a hold on my life.

I responded, “I’ll be fine Neon. I let it go and I’ll come out alive, my darling. I love you.”

I kissed him passionately and broke away when Poison gathered all of us for the master plan.

“Okay guys, I want this to be short. Find the killjoys and get out. I don’t want this to be carried out. Jet Star and I will take the front. Neon and Kobra, you guys cover our backs. I want you and Fun Ghoul to go find any killjoys out there,” he said directly at me.

I met his hazel eyes with my own and saw so much determination and passion. ”I would try my best. We were family now and I needed him and his gang in my life,”I thought.

Gerard continued, "Remember make no apologies. It's death or victory and on my authority, go!"

We all headed out and started shooting at whatever Drac came our way. I was back to back with Ghoul taking out Dracs when I saw Mikey fighting off more Dracs. I was astonished that his hand to hand skills. They were amazing. "I have to make that kid teach me some," I thought to myself with a grin appearing on my face.

Ghoul took notice and was more creative in his attack. I was impressed. He managed to take out five Dracs and still keep that adorable smirk on his face. I pulled some of my own moves and when Ghoul turned to face me, I took out two Dracs standing right behind him with dead on precision.

"Seriously Ritalin, you almost shot at me," Ghoul whined.

I responded laughingly, "Don't be such a baby Ghoul. Just admit that I saved your life and you owe me one." Ghoul smirked and we kept shooting until we slaughtered every single Drac in our vicinity. We lost touch with everyone but thankfully Ghoul kept his walkie-talkie. He got a hold of Poison and told him we haven’t seen any killjoys yet. I turned to my left and saw an abandoned shack just over the hill we were climbing.

“Tell Poison we found a shack by the road, Ghoul,” I said over my shoulder to him. “We’re going in to see if there’s anyone there.” He relayed it to Poison and I heard him say to be careful back to us.

Ghoul put it away and held his gun ready for anything. I pulled my bandana up and held my gun in position. We each took a side and went to go investigate. It was pretty big and it took me a few minutes to find Ghoul again.

“I didn’t see anything Ghoul. Let’s go inside okay/” I said. He nodded and went to slide open the door.

I watched as a laser came out from inside and almost hit Ghoul. I jumped back and almost shot inside when the lights came on and I saw someone I didn’t, nor, ever want to see in my lifetime.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Easter to those who celebrate it. I want to apologize. I have been busy with school and work yesterday kicked my butt and I was dead tired when I got home so I didn't get to post this earlier. And I'm sorry it's so short but I wanted it to be a cliffhanger and if more people comment then I'll be more willing to post the next chapter sooner ;)

So comment away lovelies!! :D