Status: COMMENT! :)

Unexpected Lover.

One;

I sighed softly as I chopped at the dead ends of another customer‘s hair. It was currently 2pm and I had been at work since 9am and the day was definitely taking a toll on me. I was working for another three hours and couldn’t wait to just go home and take an nice hot bubble bath. I dusted the hair off the customers shoulders and smiled softly as she told me she loved the job I did. It was always rewarding seeing the looks on the happy clients faces. To know I did something right persuaded me to get up and come to work every morning. I walked over to my best friend Brianna in the back room and took a seat beside her.

“Evening Honey.” She mumbled as she sipped on some coffee. I chuckled softly to myself as I grabbed some coffee too.

“Someone’s in a bad mood.” I chuckled and she just flipped me off as she rubbed her head softly.

“I was at a party last night and I have a killer hangover.” She mumbled and I giggled softly. Brianna had always been a party animal and sometimes she didn’t know when to stop. “And to make it worse, The bitch has been screeching in my ear all fucking morning.” She whined and I instantly knew who she was talking about. Gena. She was quiet most of the time. But we mainly think that’s because her boyfriends mother, Maria, owns the shop. But when Maria wasn’t here it was a whole new story. She tried to act like the boss and order people about but, it always backfired on her. I rubbed Brianna’s back lightly before taking my coffee out to my station. Gena groaned in aggravation as she looked down at her watch.

“Riley, I’m going out for a while. I can’t handle the stress of this fucking shop!” She screeched as she walked out of the door. I sighed softly to myself as I watched her figure retreating down the path. I was just glad that no customers were actually in the shop when she went on her little tantrum.

“Thank god, She’s gone!” Brianna exclaimed before groaning and grabbing at her head. A customer walked in and I smiled politely at her before sitting her down in the chair at my station and starting on her hair.

~~~~~~

Around two hours later was when Gena finally came back. I didn’t quiz her on where she went because truthfully, I really didn’t care. Maria came back around an hour after Gena and told us we could go on our way. She smiled softly at me as I brushed up all the hair from the floor. Gena was meant to do it so since she didn’t, I was put to the job.

“Riley, Darling. Go home and I’ll take care of that. You look exhausted.” She said and I shook my head softly as I placed all the hair in the bin.

It’s fine Maria, I’m all done now anyway.” I said politely as I grabbed my belongings from the back room. I hugged Maria goodbye before exiting the shop and walking over to where my car was parked. I climbed into the vehicle before starting on the short drive home. However Gena was keeping her job honestly puzzled me. Maria knew she didn’t do anything yet, she still kept the lazy ass around. I sighed softly as I pulled into the driveway of my recently new home. I had only been living there for around three weeks and I felt really out of place. The house was giant and It made me feel very awkward. I opened up the door and smiled softly as my fiancée Jamie walked over to me and cupped my cheeks before pressing his lips to mine.

“How was work?” He asked curiously as he dragged me over to the couch. He pulled me down into his lap and I sighed softly as I rested my head on his shoulder.

“Tiring. But I love doing it.” I said with a soft smile and he sighed as he brushed his fingers against my cheek, Placing parts of my blond locks behind my ear.

“I don’t see why you don’t just quit babe. I’ve got the house and everything covered for.” He said sadly and I rolled my eyes softly.

“I love my job Jamie. You know that. It would kill me to quit and Maria’s like a second mother to me.” I said and he just nodded his head softly as he kissed my temple. “I’m going to go change out of these clothes.” I mumbled before standing from his lap and making my way towards his our bedroom. I slipped off my work clothes before changing into some pajama’s. Once I was comfy I walked back down the stairs and towards Jamie who was putting out dinner. He smiled softly at me and I smiled back as I kissed his lips. He smiled into the kiss and wrapped his arms around my waist.

“I love you..” He mumbled once we pulled away and I smiled back as I placed another kiss on his lips.

“I love you too.” I said as I took a seat at the table with him. I dug into the pasta he made and looked at my surroundings. Everything in this house was far too extravagant for me. I felt like a peasant in a castle and that really didn’t settle well for me. Once we finished dinner we ventured into the living room to watch some movies. I just hoped that everything started to become familiar as I lived here. If not and I never felt comfortable then.. I was screwed. I cuddled into Jamie’s side as he played some stupid romance film. I wasn’t the type of girl to watch cheesy romance films but, He liked girls that did so I wouldn’t tell him any different. I was more of a girl to watch Zombies and Horror films but Jamie would never allow that. He had a certain image of a girl and If I ever said differently to his expectations he wouldn’t stick around for much longer. I sighed softly as I paid more attention to the wall than the screen. This was going to be a long night.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this chapter is kind of a tester to see if you want more or not.