Status: Active! Comment & Subscribe! : )

Out of Grasp

V

Melanie, Tor, and I stood to the side of the stage with Eric watching all the local bands perform. The rest of Rocket to the Moon and The Maine were either in the dressing room or outside talking to fans.

"Their drummer is cute," Tori said, pointing to the drummer of the band Curve, a quickly rising local band that was currently playing.

"Standing right here!" Eric said, throwing his hands up.

"Oh hush,"Tori murmured, patting his cheek.

Eric huffed and crossed his arms across his chest, pouting his face. Tori giggled and wrapped her arms around his small waist, staring up at him and bating her eyelashes. Eric's face softened before he whined, uncrossing his arms and wrapping them around Tori.

"I can't stay mad at you," he whined.

"I know!" Tori smiled happily, causing Eric to roll his eyes.

I chuckled at them, while Melanie gagged from next to me. "Get a room."

"Hey! You and Pat are no better!" Tori argued.

"We are not that cutesy-couple in front of everyone,"

"You two so are. How many times have any of the guys and I walked in on you two making out?"

"She's right. You guys go at it like a couple of vacuums," Eric agreed.

"Who's like a vacuum?" I turned around at the sound of another voice and saw Jared, Pat, and John walking our way.

"Pat and Melanie," Tori said. Jared and John started laughing, nodding in agreement.

"We are not like vacuums!" Pat argued, his face and ears turning a bright red. He grabbed Melanie's hand and started walking backwards. "We will not stand here and be criticized!"

"Have fun making out!" Eric called out, earning the finger from Melanie.

Jared took Melanie's place beside me, while John jumped up on one of the amps behind us, turning his attention to the band playing. I talked with Jared most of the show. He was funny and quite the opposite of what Tori said the fans think of him. He had this air about him that just made you feel comfortable. We were talking like we've known each other forever before Garrett peeked his head around the corner, calling for Jared to come help him with something.

Once Jared had walked away, I noticed that Tori and Eric were no longer standing next to me. I looked around the little side stage area before a voice answered my unspoken question.

"They walked away about four bands ago." I jumped in surprise at the voice. John jumped down from on top of an amp and moved to stand next to me where Jared had previously been standing.

"Wow, I-I didn't even notice,"

"I wouldn't have either if Eric hadn't tripped over a cord and practically fallen on top of me." I laughed, knowing that was something Eric wold do. "So, uh, how long have you known Tori?" John asked, rubbing the back of his neck, trying to make conversation.

"A long time. We met in elementary school and ever since then we've been friends. We met Eric in high school, freshman year. What about you?"

"I met Eric in junior high. I've tried getting rid of him but he's clingy," I laughed and nodded my head, playing with the hem of my shirt. "How have we never met before? I went to the same high school as Victoria and Eric. You went to Mountain Ponite, right? "

"Only for a few months freshman year. Then my parents moved and my house was just outside the border of Mountain Ponite's boundries so I was sent to Mesa schools."

"Makes sense. Have you always lived here?"

"No, I was actually born in New York but my parents moved here when I was like 2."

"I've lived here my whole life."

"Are you always gonna live here?"

"Most definetly. It's where all my friends and family are."

"That's sweet." I smiled, blushing when he smirked at me.

"You think I'm sweet?"

"I didn't say that."

"No, no, I'm pretty sure you just called me sweet."

"No, I said your thoughts about Arizona are sweet; not you."

"Are you saying I'm a douche?"

"N-no. I don't think you're a douche."

He chuckled at my nervous stutter and shook his head. "Calm down, Em. I'm only messing with you."

My face burned embarrassingly and I shuffled my feet, scratching the back of my head awkwardly. "Right, right."

Not long after that, Melanie, Tori and all the guys trickled over to John and I, one by one. When it was time for The Maine to go, the entire crowd was screaming and that only intensified when they actually walked out on stage. They jumped right into a song Mel said was called Right Girl. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that they were actually very good. I tapped my foot and hummed along as best as I could and laughed at the jokes they cracked in between songs. Nick, Andrew, Justin and Eric ran out on stage for their last song, singing along and dancing around the stage.

They played six songs all together and then walked off the stage, sweat dripping off their bodies. After the fourth song John's shirt had came off and he used it as a rag to whip off the perspiration from his face. Tori handed each of the boys a water bottle, commenting on how good they did.

"What did you think?" Garrett asked me.

I smiled, "You guys were amazing! My favorite was the song that goes 'don't listen to the voices in your head' or something like that."

"Listen to Your Heart," Kennedy said.

"Yeah, I loved that song."

"You'll have to come out and see us again," John commented, finishing off his water.

"When's your next show?" I asked, already excited to see them perform again.

Jared answered, "Not for a while. We just got off tour a few days ago. We have about a month and a half off before our next tour."

"But we have a lot of little bonfires with our friends where we have sing-alongs. You're welcome to come!" Pat chirped.

"Yeah, that sounds fun!"

"Oh it is. We all get drunk so by the end of the night when we actually start playing songs, we fuck up the lyrics and make them up as we go along," John laughed, followed by everyone else.

"I look forward to it," I smirked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short update. Sorry about that. : )

Thanks for the comments:
mr.t.
forevergirl

Comment & Subscribe