Beginnings Aren't So Simple

Breathless

The bus was soon crowded with people. Roxi noticed Trace in the bus as well and waved at him. He smiled and waved back. Roxi walked over to him, but was pulled away by Kevin.

"What?" She asked.

"Hey, why don't you go talk to Miley? She's at the table. Poor girl has nothing to do. Please, please, please go talk to her. You might actually find something you two have in common."

"Ugh, Kevin..." Roxi whined.

"Please?"

"Fine." Roxi snapped.

"'Kay, C'mon," Kevin took her hand and took her to the table where Miley was sitting. He introduced them to one another once again and shoved Roxi into the seat across from Miley.

"So," Miley Cyrus, Destiny Hope, Hannah Montana said, tapping her long, tan fingers on the table.

Roxi glared at her. Her arms were crossed over her chest as she thought of ways to kill the slutty Disney star sitting across from her, "So."

"Are you emo?" she asked suddenly.

There were quick movements. Kevin dashed towards Roxi and clapped his hand over her mouth as she rose sharply from her seat while Joe grabbed her arms and wrapped them around her own waist to prevent her from throwing a punch at the Disney Star's face.

Miley blinked, "Erm. Did I say something wrong?"

"Errrr," Trace said, walking over to Roxi, "Hey, Roxi, wanna go for that walk you mentioned earlier?"

The Jonas Brothers looked at him with a confused expression, and then at Roxi. She pulled herself away from the Jonas Brothers (having a little difficulty making Joe release her) and walked to Trace, taking his hand into her's then spatted at the Disney Stars, "See ya' kids later."

Trace gave a sly smile at the Jonas Brothers before being dragged outside by Roxi.

"I hate your sister," She said when Trace closed the RV door behind him.

Trace chuckled, "Join the club."

They started walking, not knowing where in the world they'll end up. Washington was beautiful, of course. With it's endless, clear, blue skies and it's long fields of green.

"Damn, I wish the Jonases didn't stop you from attacking that bitch," Trace mumbled, "I wonder what lame excuse she'll make up for why'd she have a black eye."

Roxi laughed. "Yeah, I wish they didn't stop me, too. You know, you seem very supportive of your little sister, but you always complain about her. Not that I mind, anyway." She added.

He shrugged. "I mean I love her and all, but damn, is she such a self-centered brat. And I have to support her, y'know? She's blood... Unfortunately."

They both walked around a bit more before Roxi's phone vibrated in her jeans. She pulled it out and opened it to see a text message from Joe Jonas himself.

Where are you? Miley left. It's safe now. ;]

"Let's go back to the bus." Roxi suggested, stopping in her tracks to put back her cell phone in her pocket.

"Miley still there?"

"Nah. C'mon." she said.

"Cool beans." Trace said. And as if automatically, he took her hand and walked back to the RV, with Roxi blushing slightly after him.

They arrived back at the bus ten minutes later. The Jonas Brothers were playing Scrabble at the table this time and jumped when they entered the bus.

"Hey." Trace nodded at the brothers.

"Yo." Kevin and Nick chimed. Joe nodded back at him.

"Well," Trace muttered, turning back to Roxi, "I probably should be going back now. I'll see you later, 'kay?"

Roxi nodded at him and smiled, "Bye. It was nice hanging out with you."

"Bye. We should definitely hang out again." He winked at her and jogged out of the bus, leaving Roxi breathless.

She giggled to herself and turned towards the Jonas Brothers with a soft dreamy sigh.

"Joe, birds are going to fly into your mouth and make a nest in it," Kevin said, looking at his younger brother, who's jaw was wide open after he witnessed what just happened. Roxi looked at him with a raised eyebrow, and Joe immediately shut his mouth.

"What are you talking about?" He snapped at Kevin.

"Never mind."