Beginnings Aren't So Simple

It Makes Me Sound Like a Video Game Character

Roxi scuffled after her Aunt through the airport, attempting to tune out all the beeping noises and children's cries coming from opposite directions of the airport.

In attempt to hurry to her Aunt to avoid losing her, her bag tumbled off of her shoulder, spilling its contents. She groaned.

"Why, world? Why me?"

"Why what?"

She looked up, meeting the brown eyes of her peppy Aunt.

"Why's my summer going to be a living hell?" She muttered, picking up her thrown contents of her bag. "This is only supposed to happen in stories. Stories that are unfortunate for the main character. Which... which shouldn't be me." She stood up.

"Don't cuss. It won't be that bad, Rox. I'm sure you'll like these ones."

She rolled her eyes, knowing she wouldn't be a bit interested.

"Okay. But don't call me that, it makes me sound like a video game character." She was only saying this because no one but Alexa could call her that, and everyoneone... but her Aunt... knew it.

The two walked down the brightly lit corridor of the airport. She didn't know a thing about Florida; only that it was the destination of Disney Land... or World... or something along those lines.

The airport attendant took their tickets and they entered the plane.

Roxi quickly took her digital camera out of her bag, thankful it didn't break after her fall. She snapped shots of the takeoff, satisfied with her work.

After that, she switched her mp3 player to ON, shifting her blue irises to her right, to check on her Aunt, who was busy reading. She let the sound of Taking Back Sunday fill her head and she drifted to sleep.

Hours later, Caroline shook Roxi awake.

"Wake up, baby, we're here."

Roxi rubbed at her eyes, the sudden ray of light burning her.

"Alright."

She got her things together and stepped off the plane with Caroline.

"Where are we staying throughout this hellish time of the year?" Roxi muttered, groggy from sleep.

"Cheer up, sunshine," Caroline snorted. "We'll be having our own side of a tour bus, with the guys."

Roxi stopped in her tracks, as her Aunt turned around to see why she was detaining.

"Are you telling me that I have to spend my summer with a crowded bus filled with teenage boys?!" She whispered rather quietly with a scowl, her long, fringed bangs falling into her face.

"Slow down, honey. We'll have our own half of the bus for ourselves. And the boys are really nice, I'm sure you'll be fast friends."

Roxi picked up her pace once more.

"Whatever," she simply uttered, and walked away with her Aunt, into the taxi, preparing for what would be her whole summer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading. :]
Toasty and I really love the Jonases, and we decided we wanted to make a shared story about them.

-Jenna