Beginnings Aren't So Simple

Haven't I Seen You Before?

Roxi just sat on her beach chair, lying still and feeling the tiniest bit... awkward.

"Uhm, hi..." She muttered.

"Hi," one said. He was tall, and curly hair framed his face. “You must be the niece Caroline told us about. I’m Kevin.” He was quite polite.

“Nick,” the shortest one added, and smiled sweetly at her.

“Joe,” the last one said. She recognized something about him, but she took a moment to think before she introduced herself.

“Yes, I’m Roxi. And… haven’t I seen you today? In the Sunglass Hut?”

Joe cocked his eyebrow in thought, and then nodded. “Yep, I was there. I thought I saw someone next to me.”

“You were panting.”

He laughed nervously. “Yeah, uh, about that.”

Nick shifted his eyes to his brother, and looked at him oddly.

Joe took a minute to process what his brother was doing, then spoke. “Oh, haha. Yeah, people were, uh, following me around.”

“Stalker?” Roxi smirked.

“I wouldn’t doubt it,” Kevin smiled, as all three brothers took seats around Roxi, at the small beach table.

“Ha-ha,” Joe muttered. “No, crazy fans.”

Roxi’s grimace returned. “This is why I don’t want to have to spend my summer with a few Disney ‘stars,’” Roxi said, adding air-quotes around her words.

“We’re not that bad,” Nick added.

“Well, okay,” Roxi said, sitting up and adjusting her sunglasses. “From what I’ve heard, all your fans do is stalk you and tell you how ‘hot’ you are. A bit disrespectful, no?”

The guys just stared at her. “I suppose,” Nick said.

“Well, whatever. I better start being nice to you if I'm spending my summer with you,” she sighed. “So… what else do you like to do? Besides, uh, be all superstar and whatnot?"

All the guys seemed to sign in unison, trying to make small talk with Roxi. They, as well, didn't want their summer to be horrid because of one girl.

After about an hour and a half of switching from the pool, to talking to Caroline, to trying to talk to Roxi, the boys were done with introductions. And, quite frankly, Roxi wasn't impressed.

"Hey, Roxi, we're done. Wanna head back to the hotel room?" Caroline called, walking towards her sulking niece.

"Yeah," she breathed, and followed her Aunt. "So, what did you guys talk about?"

Caroline smiled; maybe Roxi was interested after all. "Well, first of all, their tour will be called the 'Best of Both Worlds' tour. But, well... it's technically not their tour."

"Then... whose tour is it?" Roxi asked, cocking one eyebrow.

"I'm pretty sure you've heard of her, she's really a doll. Miley Cyrus?"

Roxi, with wide eyes, glared at her Aunt. "You're managing frreaking Hannah Montana?!"

"Yes," Caroline replied, confused. "A lot of girls like her."

"Yeah, a LOT. Not me!" Roxi squealed, unhappy, as she entered her hotel room. Since it was late, she shed her day clothes for soft pajamas, huddled up in her covers, and tried to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys. :]
We'd really appreciate if you could comment, and/or subscribe.

-Jenna