‹ Prequel: Adolescent

Mature

Brian's Help

I pulled my steel brush through my damp hair and sighed quietly. I gently placed it on my bathroom counter and flicked off the light. It was nearly nine o' clock at night and I had just gotten comfortable. I stepped into my room and opened my bottom drawer. I pulled out my softest, largest pair of dark grey sweat pants and slid them over my bare legs.

I flattened out my tank top and felt a smile crawl along my lips. I had been doing a lot of work the last few days. I had made a full list of who Devin and I would be inviting to our wedding. He didn't care for going over the details, but in order to be fair, I needed his opinion on multiple things. He told me to do whatever I wanted, but I refused to give in.

This was our wedding, not my wedding. Devin had told me multiple times that I don't need his opinion on the wedding. That I could do whatever I wanted. I felt as if Devin were trying to spoil me. I didn't want to be spoiled much and he couldn't see that. I only shrugged his offers off my shoulders and went through with our plans.

Devin's family was rather small, but mine was the big one. I had all the guys, a few friends, my parents and possibly even Papa Roach and Bullet For My Valentine. Jimmy was going to get back to me on whether or not they would be willing to come. I wasn't expecting a yes from the bands I got to know over a course of a few days, but it was worth a shot.

They had played a big part in Jimmy coming home. They were by his side the whole time and canceled their shows as well as Avenged Sevenfold themselves. I let out a quiet sigh before throwing my hair over my shoulder. I reached into my bag and pulled out my cigarettes, lighting one in one swift movement. As I puffed lightly from the stick, I could hear my phone going off.

I ignored it, hoping that it was a simple messege, but when it continued to play, I grew frustrated. I threw my covers from my bed and heard the small paper weight clank against my carpetted floor. I started to dig through my blankets until I finally reached it. I stuck it to my ear and greeted with, "Who is it and what do you want?"

I'm sensing a little bit of an attitude.

"Angela?"I took a pull from my cigarette."Sorry. I just got comfortable and didn't want to be bothered."

I can tell. I only called you for one reason and one reason only.

She seemed slightly excited, but she could tell by the tone in my voice that I wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone. I wanted to curl up in my bed and watch a few movies. With a silent sigh, I asked, "What is it?"

Jimmy's birthday is in about two weeks. The guys and I were planning a surprise party for him. I wanted to let you know so you can mark it in your calender. I don't want you to go wine testing when Jimmy is having his party.

She chuckled lightly and I felt a smile crawl across my lips. I clung my cigarette in between my lips and said, "Alright. That sounds good. I'll make sure I'm not doing anything two weeks from now."

I'll call you tomorrow with the official date. Remember, it's a surprise. So don't tell him.

"Got it!"I chuckled lightly."Good night, Angela. I'll talk to you tomorrow."

Good night, Hillari!

I snapped my phone shut and shoved it into my pants pocket. I let out a large stretch before stomping my cigarette out in my ash tray. I went to sit on my bed, when an idea clicked into my head. Jimmy had been so good to me for the last four years. I could have a chance to express how I feel at his party. I ran a hand along my chin as I tried to think.

Jimmy had wanted to contact me years ago. If he hadn't of called me I would have been going on with my life like nothing was wrong. I swallowed hard as my own party came into mind. Jimmy and the guys had played for my own birthday, so why can't I play for his? I groaned quietly when I remembered; I'm no guitarist.

I gasped quietly and reached back into my pocket for my cell phone. I quickly dialed Brian's phone number and prayed he would pick up. I would write Jimmy a song and in my own words, express how much he really means to me. Words are such meager things, but it was worth a shot. If I could even hint to him that he meant the world to me, I would.

Hello? Hillari? Everything okay?

"Why do you all assume something is wrong when I call?"I chuckled lightly.

Out of habbit?

"You're funny."I smiled."Angela just called and told me about Jimmy's surprise party."

What do you have in mind? I know those wheels are turning right now.

"Jimmy's done a lot for me over the past few years. I thought, maybe, I could tell him how much he means to me through song. So, I called the sweetest man in my phone and was hoping he could help me write one?"I grinned.

Oh, you're so sweet.

I laughed at his sarcasm. He knew I was busting his balls, but I did indeed need his help. He was the lead guitarist and I wanted him to play it for me.

It sounds like a good idea, though. Grab a pen and pad. Come on over. I was actually playing a few notes anyway. I'll help you the best I can. Just don't ask me to sing it too.

I snickered quietly and nodded my head, as if he could see me. I gave him my thank yous' before hanging up and pushing my phone back into my front pocket. I quickly scrounged up an abused notebook and a few pens. I stole my keys off my dresser and grabbed my purse. I was heading downstairs in a matter of seconds. I took the opportunity, of course, to fall through the opening in the wall.

My dad shouted loudly when I landed and I chuckled to myself. He looked in my direction and with a playful glare, said, "You gotta stop doing that. When you were five it was cute. Now it's annoying."

"Oh, you love when I make a dramatic entrance, though!"I chuckled lightly.

"Going to Devin's?"He assumed.

"Actually, I'm heading to Brian's."I said sweetly."Jimmy is having a surprise birthday in two weeks, so don't make any plans. Or tell him."

"Well that would ruin the surprise, wouldn't it?"He smiled."Can't you go to Brian's tomorrow?"

"No, my wheels are turning. I have to go now before I lose my creativity."I said.

"Is that what I smell burning?"He grinned.

"You're funny, dad."I kissed him softly on the cheek and stood up."I wont be back late. I'll see you later. Bye dad!"

"Bye, Sug! Love you!"I threw open the front door and called back at him.

I started my car and slowly pulled out of my driveway. I found the drive to be rather short for the main reason that it was late. No one was on the highway at this time. The people of California were either in a club or hunkering down at home by now. I pulled up to Brian's house and stepped from my car. When I reached his door, I could hear the wailing sounds of his guitar from outside.

I knocked heavily on the door and heard his guitar come to a slow stop. I knocked again and soon heard shuffling by the door. He pulled open the door and with a large grin said, "Hey, come on in."

I stepped into the large house and shifted my bag on my shoulder. He walked passed me and said, "Welcome to my abode."

I tossed my bag onto Brian's couch and asked, "You ready to get to work, Haner?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you commenters;;
Violent Ecstasy
Maxxie.
um…idk
Aightball
Musicalness99
Phantom!
shelbyvengeance
Lone_Wolf
mistery gurl
Hello Fascination.
Foreveryoung14
XXKillxxJoyXX
shasha24
ForeverPlagued
Im Candy Baby
KellShadows
dawn8279
Alyx Khaos
RavenNightmare1
bloodravyn
NME_foREVer_6661

Thankyou subscribers! :D