‹ Prequel: Adolescent

Mature

Beach Front View

My small bag hit my side repeatedly as I walked through the sand, stumbling a few times as we made our way to a disclosed location. Jimmy, the guys, Devin and I decided on going out together for the day to have fun. Having our regular cook outs weren’t as fun if you had them every weekend. Johnny moaned and complained as we searched for a good spot, but it only kept us in good spirits. Brian would turn and compliment him on his childish behavior, but it was all in fun.

Seeing as we weren’t getting far enough away from the large crowds of people, we just settled where we were. The beach came up close, but not close enough to get our blanket wet. Matt put down a large cooler, which I had been sure to pack with multiple sandwiches and other foods. Jimmy carried a cooler of similar size that kept the beer and soda’s cool in the hot sun. When the blanket was finally set, I collapsed onto it, sighing in relief.

I knew for a fact we weren’t going to find a spot that no one occupied, but so long as not too many people bothered us for autographs and pictures, then I would be okay. I wasn’t used to the famous life and I had a strong feeling I wouldn’t get used to it like we all hoped. I brushed back my hair and reached behind me, making sure my bikini strings were tied tightly. I didn’t want to have an embarrassing moment happen because they were too loose.

I reached into my bag as the guys got set up and pulled out my sun tan lotion. I was never one to burn, but I didn’t want to take the chance. The only time I remember getting sun burn was when I was eleven; that was the worst experience of my life. Devin plopped down beside me, a silly smirk plastered against his lips. He grabbed the bottle as well and asked, “Want me to get your back for you?”

With a smile, I turned, allowing him to coat my back with the cool lotion. The guys bickered and faught over which shaded spot they would get under our umbrella, but in the end Jimmy, Matt and Brian won. Zacky pouted on the side, sighing obnoxiously loud. I tried to hide a chuckle, but it was no use. I looked over at Zacky, saying, “Do you burn easy?”

“Like a vampire in the sun.”He grinned.

“She didn’t ask if you exploded.”Brian rolled his eyes.

“You can have my seat, because honestly I don’t really burn. I want to get darker anyway.”I stood up, switching quickly with Zacky.

As he sat he was sure to give Brian the bird, which just angered him some more. I stretched, letting a loud, long groan escape my lips. I leaned back on the blanket and closed my eyes, waiting for one of the guys to request a good game. I would insist on chicken, but I was the only girl there. I doubt any of the guys wanted their friend on their shoulders. I pulled a pair of sun glasses over my eyes and tried to relax.

It was almost instantly broken when a soft, quiet voice popped up to my left. I pushed my glasses up slightly, catching sight of a young teenage girl. She was must have been nearly thirteen, so I simply smiled and waved. She stuttered on her words as she asked for an autograph from the guys. She looked over at me and gave a shy, nervous smile. I sat up on my elbows and asked, “How old are you, hon?”

“Twelve.”She breathed.

“You like Avenged Sevenfold?”I grinned.

She shook her head quickly, gaining laughs from all the guys. They easily signed a small blanket she had and her smile grew from ear to ear. I let a quiet chuckle escape my lips as she thanked them up and down.

“Are you their girlfriend?”She asked sweetly.

I shook my head quickly, correcting her rather fast.

“No I’m -”I stopped, looking at Jimmy for approval.

I didn’t know if he wanted people to know who I was, but I wasn’t ashamed. If he didn’t want anyone to know, I wouldn’t break the media on it for him.

“She’s my daughter.”Jimmy smiled.

“Really?!”She looked from me to Jimmy multiple times before giggling.”She’s really pretty.”

“Thankyou.”My cheeks flushed slightly and Devin laughed.

When the young girl finally left, with her life’s dream probably complete, Devin made his way over to me. He sat back, allowing me to sit in between his legs. I leaned back on him and sighed quietly. The guys began joking and conversing amongst themselves, leaving Devin and I out of the picture for a while. Devin ran his fingers through my hair, occasionally butting into the conversations the guys were having.

It wasn’t long before multiple voices went in one ear and out the other again. I shoved my glasses back up, taking a look at two young men and a young woman. They were excited to see their favourite band and asked plenty of times for a picture. The guys only agreed, not wanting to shut down some of the fans that had gotten them where they are today. I let an annoyed smile meet my lips before I let my glasses fall back into place.

Devin leaned down, allowing his hot breath to brush against my ear. Quietly, he said, “You not having a good time?”

“I am.”I whispered.”But I was hoping we wouldn’t have to go through this.”

“They’re famous, Hillari. What did you expect?”He chuckled.

I let in a deep breath and watched as Jimmy handed over a small piece of paper, a happy smile pressed against his lips. He seemed so happy to know that people appreciated them the way they do. I took in Jimmy’s features, being able to get a good, close look at him. He seemed to have been doing well, which was all I could ask for. Jimmy seemed slightly thinner, but he was a skinny man to begin with.

His cheekbones pushed through his skin a little more, but he wasn’t dangerously thin. He still seemed healthy, regardless of the few pounds he had shed. He still cracked jokes and prodded at people’s minds, forcing them to give in or go crazy after so long. The corner’s of my lips pulled into a calm smile, knowing Matt had been telling me the truth. I didn’t want him to lie to me just to make me happy.

I rested back into Devin, finally relaxing under the sun. Brian turned toward us, giving Devin an absolutely menacing smile. Devin returned it after Brian showed him exactly what was in his hand. I fell back suddenly and groaned. I leaned up on my elbows and looked back at Devin. He shrugged his shoulders, mouthing I’m sorry. I arched my eyebrows in confusion and asked, “Sorry? For what?”

“For this.”I let out a scream as ice slid down my back.”Brian you fuck!”

I leapt up, gaining a few people’s attention. The ice fell down in the bottom piece of my bikini, sending a wave of chills in every direction of my spine. Goosebumps broke out on my skin and the guys burst into laughter. I growled lowly, glaring angrily at Brian. I pointed an accusing finger, shouting, “That wasn’t funny, Bri! That was cold!”

“It’s ice. What did you expect?!”He clutched his stomach, but I didn’t find it funny.

I came here for a nice day out, not a day to be interrupted multiple times and get angry. The now warm water rushed down my leg and I pushed my hair back.

“Alright. You wanna play?”I reached into the cooler, taking hold of a soda can.

I pulled it out, smiling more when the orange can shined back at me. I shook it quickly with a smirk. Brian started to stand and rose his hands in defense.

“If this makes it any better,”He began.”Devin said it was okay.”

The can tightened in my hand as an evil, but more angry, look crawled onto my face. I aimed the can in Brian’s direction, popping the top open before he could turn to run. All of the guys shouted as the soda sprayed, getting every one of them in the process. They scattered, like roaches in the light and I burst into loud laughter. I dropped the can to my side, placing a hand on my hip. Now that I had gotten my point across, I was hoping they would leave me be.

“I’m all sticky.”Brian frowned.

“You should be used to that.”Johnny grinned.

Brian turned toward Johnny, giving him multiple threats after a few short seconds.

“I’m just sayin,”Johnny began.”you’re not exactly the cuddle up at home type.”

“Shutup!”Brian shouted.

“Guys, calm down.”Jimmy laughed.”The water is right behind you. Just wash it off.”

“That’s a good idea.”Brian’s gaze turned toward me and my face dropped.

“It’s not a good idea.”I growled.

“You’re on your own with this one, babe.”Devin laughed.

I turned, obviously shocked by what he had to say. I looked back at the group of guys, glaring them all down. If they had made any sort of attempt of getting me in the water now, then they would all be dead by the time I resurfaced. They stopped as two young woman came by, gasping dramatically when she spotted the guys. She gently placed a hand on Matt’s arm and said, “Avenged Sevenfold. My favourite hunky band.”

I rolled my eyes as they stepped closer to them. Matt pulled his arm out of her grasp and chuckled shyly. They were very pretty girls, I give them that, but I was almost positive ninety nine percent of them was fake, including their personalities. Brian looked continuously from the girls to me, a sly, horny grin meeting his lips ever so slowly. I looked back at Devin, shaking my head with a smile. When it came to pretty woman, Brian was all over them.

“Sign their autographs so we can finish this argument!”I smirked.

The girls turned, their faces scrunching up at my sight. My eyes widened, wondering why at all that these girls didn’t like the sight of me. The first woman, a young, stunning brunette, who had grabbed Matt’s arm leaned toward him, whispering quietly in his ear. His face grew shocked, but what came next I was surprised to hear.

“Absolutely not. She’s my fucking neise.“He yanked away from her grasp and stepped back onto the blanket.

“What did she say, Matt?”I took the few strides to him, closing the large gap quickly.

These women didn’t know me and weren’t able to judge just on appearance. If they had a problem, they should come out and say it, not hide behind the largest man of the group. Matt looked up, forcing a smile.

“Don’t worry about it, Hillari. It was nothing.”He picked up a towel and patted the soda off his arms.

I turned back toward the girls who giggled and touched the guys occasionally. Their eyes kept scanning back to me, which in all honesty furriated me. Bullies are a big problem now and I know how it feels to not be welcome anywhere. At some point in everyone’s life they will experience a bully problem, whether they’re the trouble maker or not. I walked toward the guys, smiling warmly toward the two girls.

“Can we get a picture, please?”Her dark brown hair tumbled just below her shoulders.”My name is Cassy.”

“You can just call me Dana.”The red head, who was clearly falling over herself for Brian, winked in his direction.

“Hey, girls, how are you?”I tried to play nice, hoping that within a few seconds these girls would disappear.

They turned toward me, flashy their obnoxiously bright, white teeth. They gave a small wave, but turned back toward the guys. Devin stepped up, wrapping his arm lightly around my waist. He pressed his mouth to my ear and whispered, “Just ignore them. They’ll go away soon.”

Seeing two woman hanging off the guys arms sent a weird sensation through me. I wasn’t used to seeing the guys as eye candy. They were good looking men, I wouldn’t deny it, but I couldn’t see them any more than just friends. The small brunette reached into her hand bag, pulling out a tiny camera.

“We wouldn’t be a bother for just one picture, right?”She turned toward me, pushing the camera in my direction.”Here, you can take it. You don’t mind, do you?”

“Oh,”I grinned.”not at all.”

Other than Brian, the guys watched me intently. I could imagine that they knew how I felt, judging on my actions. They stood near the water, making sure they stayed far enough behind the two women. They were stunningly beautiful, but they striked the wrong nerve with me. Honestly, these women better disappear after this single, picture.

“She’s not famous, is she?”Dana eyed down Brian with a devilish grin.

“No, she’s -”He was cut short by her smart remark.

“Then she doesn’t belong in the picture.”I clutched the camera angrily, letting out a deep, hot breath.

“Just snap the picture and they’ll go away.”Devin stepped back, crossing his arms over his broad chest.

He didn’t like the girls just as much as me, so I aimed and snapped a picture.

“Who’s he?”Cassy skipped forward, wrapping an arm around Devin’s forearm.

I stepped in front of her, knocking her back suddenly.

“He’s mine, so back off. Take your camera and leave.”I shoved the camera into her chest, forcing her to gasp in disbelief.

It didn’t matter what these girls thought of me, because in all honesty she put her hands on Devin. That was the last strike before all hell would break loose. How much more disrespectful can you get by flirting violently against a taken man? I gave a small wave and smiled in the process. Her facial features grew angry, but it didn’t bother me anymore. Dana, the red head from before, came up, pointing an angry finger in my face.

“Don’t touch her like that!”She snapped.

I opened my mouth to speak, but Matt squeezed his large frame in between the both of us. Devin chuckled under his breath, noticing what his good looks had gotten every one into. The guys came closer and circled around us, trying to soothe the two beach babes quickly.

“No need to get violent, girls.”Matt calmly stated.

“She pushed my friend.”Dana crossed her arms over her hard chest and pouted.

“She’s sorry for -”My mouth gaped open at Matt’s comment.

“I’m everything but sorry.”I glared.

Jimmy looked in my direction, mouthing shut up, but it wasn’t any of his business. I waved the guys off and stepped closer to the two girls. I stuck out my hand, offering a harmless peace offering, but they didn’t take lightly to the situation. Cassy, the brunette, must have thought that my slow moving hand was aimed for her head, because she jumped back in surprise. She looked back at Dana, who’s eyes lit up with fire.

“Leave her alone!”I put my hands up in defense as Matt pushed the tiny, but erratic girl from me.

“Look bitch,”I growled.”you come any closer and I’ll give your doctor a reason to go under your skin. I was offering a peace offering. Now take your camera and go before I shove it so far up your ass that you taste it for breakfast, lunch and diner.”

It must have been their last straw as well, because before Matt could calm down the girls, Cassy threw her camera. If it didn’t hit me I would have let it slide, but being that it collided, pretty hard I must admit, against my cheek, I grew into a spit fire. I pushed past Matt, who’s mouth hung open in absolute surprise. I don’t think any of the guys expected what came next, but it happened within a few seconds.

I don’t pull hair like most girls do. I went in fist first, missing the brunette by centimeters. I swung my other arm around, hitting her in her jaw. She clenched it and fell back, but her red headed friend was far too quick. I had taken two hits, one in my chest and the other in my mouth. For such a small girl she had power behind her. She reached up for my hair, but I angrily took a hold on her wrist.

I twisted the twig like arm and forced her to cry out in pain. She didn’t stop, like I would have expected. She brought her other arm around, hitting Matt instead of me, as he tried to break up the fight. Brian had taken hold of Cassy, who tried to get her ass back into the fight. I knew after the first hit she was down and out. I released Dana’s wrist and threw my fist forward, sending it to collide with her stomach.

As she knelt over, gasping just lightly, I brought my arm up again, making sure I put all my power behind it. As she stumbled back, landing on her rear end in the sand, she cupped her nose, which had instantly became a bleeding waterfall. I didn’t plan on going after the girls, but just because I knew that, doesn’t mean the guys didn’t. Matt calmed the red head down as Devin tore me away from the violence.

I muttered curses under my breath as I leaned against Devin. The guys offered ice and towels for their bruising and bloodied nose, but they instantly took off down the beach. On lookers watched, stunned by what they had just seen. Jimmy came up alongside Devin and I, looking angrier than I had ever seen him. He had a small glint in his eye, which I presumed was him being proud, but I didn’t take it for granted.

“We need to go before the cops come.”Zacky scratched the back of his head nervously.

The guys rounded up the beach equipment before we started out way toward the cars once more. Devin kept a light grasp on my arm, like he thought I would go after the girls, but I only followed, carrying two blankets under my arm. We climbed into the two cars, silence filling both vehicles. I rubbed my cheek, feeling how tender it was under my gentle touch. I sighed softly and starred down at my feet.

Matt drove the truck, as Brian sat in the front seat. Devin and Jimmy sat on my sides, but what I found funny, was the smiles coming onto everyone’s lips. They each held a small grin, even if just for a second. I looked behind us, finding Zacky and Johnny driving on our tail. I dropped my hands into my lap and looked up at the guys. In an annoyed tone, I groaned, “Sorry guys.”

“You sound like a kindergartner who just got in trouble.”Brian snickered.

“That was pretty cool, though.”Matt grinned.”I have to admit. I didn’t know you had that power behind you.”

“I didn’t start it!”I pouted.

Jimmy turned toward me, shaking his head slightly. I seemed to have shrunk in my seat, almost expecting him to start yelling at me for being such a nuasiance today. With the corners of his lips pulled into a smirk, I let a nervous smile come to my lips. He reached his hand up, gently stroking my cheek. I winced under the touch, but let the growl at the bottom of my throat subside.

“You okay, Hillari?”He asked.”That camera hit you good.”

“I’m fine. Jaw hurts, chest hurts, cheek hurts, but I’ll live another day.”Jimmy smiled before tapping my tender area.

I groaned, cupping my cheek lightly.

“What was that for?”I moaned.

“For being an idiot.”He chuckled.

“Alright, I admit, I could have ignored them. That bitch put her hands on Devin. I tried to be nice! But she threw her camera.”I sighed quietly.

“It’s okay, Hillari.”Devin smiled.”It was nice to watch, even though it lasted a whole thirty seconds.”

“We got the beach front view on that one, little Sullivan.”Brian cackled.

“Yeah, funny.”I put my head down, slightly ashamed of my actions.

I didn’t want it to go violent, because I’m not a violent person, but that’s how it ended up. I froze for a moment, wondering what my parents were going to think when they see a bruise starting to form on my jaw and cheek. I swallowed hard and looked back up at the guys.

“Hey guys.”I said quietly.

“What’s the matter?”Jimmy turned, giving me a warm, caring grin.

“Let’s not tell my parents about this.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you commenters;;
Violent Ecstasy
Maxxie.
um…idk
Aightball
Musicalness99
Phantom!
shelbyvengeance
Lone_Wolf
mistery gurl
Hello Fascination.
foreveryoung14

Thankyou subscribers! :D

Whew! That was long and hard to type haha.
I wanted a little extra in Hillari's personality.
I think I like it :D