‹ Prequel: Adolescent

Mature

Deal With Your Friend

Jimmy and the man in front of us didn’t exchange information. He simply asked if we were okay and was pleased when we said yes. He said he had no damage done to his nice, fairly new, car. He accepted Jimmy’s many apologies before driving away from the incident. I turned toward Jimmy and extended my hand.

“Jimmy, I think I should drive.”I said softly.

“I’m fine, Hillari.”He stepped toward his driver door, but when he pulled it open, I slammed it shut.

“Are you kidding me?!”I shouted angrily.”You just hit the man in front of us!”

“Don’t snap at me!”Jimmy snarled.”It’s my car! I know if I’m able to drive or not, Hillari!”

“I don’t seem to think you do, Jimmy.”I growled.”If you drive than you can leave me here. I’m not getting into the fucking car unless I drive myself.”

Jimmy clenched the keys in his hand before throwing them into my chest. He stormed toward the passenger door and yanked it open with a lot of force. My eyes welled up in tears as I caught the keys in my hand. I rubbed where the keys had roughly hit me and whimpered quietly. Jimmy had never acted like this before.

He had never gotten angry and shouted at me. Never mind throwing something at me. I wiped at my eyes and slowly pulled open the driver’s door. I got into the car and shifted my seat so I could drive. I didn’t look over at Jimmy as he angrily crossed his arms over his chest. He turned on the radio and blared his music as I started to drive.

The drive was silent and very tense. After a few minutes I looked over at Jimmy, wondering if he had grown out of his tantrum phase. I scoffed in annoyance when I noticed him sleeping in the seat. He claimed how fine he really was, when he honestly was falling asleep at the wheel.

We could have had a worse accident if he had driven again. I pulled into Jimmy’s driveway and shook him awake. I grabbed my bag, his keys and slammed the door shut behind me. Jimmy came around to the other side and I threw the keys into his chest, just like he had done to me.

“Still angry?”Jimmy asked.

I pulled out my phone and began to dial Devin’s number. Jimmy was not driving me home and I couldn’t walk the long distance. I crossed my arms over my chest as I held the phone to my ear.

“Fine. Fuck you then.”Jimmy walked away from me and went into his house.

He slammed the door behind him and once I knew he was gone, broke down into tears. I was so shocked that he had done a complete one eighty in his emotions. Jimmy had never snapped or gotten angry with me. We had such a great relationship. Just because we disagreed on something so simple shocked me.

I tried to calm myself down when Devin picked up the phone. In the best, normal voice I could manage, I asked, “Dev. Can you come pick me up? I’m at Jimmy’s house.”

What’s wrong, Hillari?

“Can you just come get me please?”I whispered softly.

Is everything okay? Should I be worried?

“Dev, please. I’ll explain when you get here.”I choked.

I’m coming now. Just stay at Jimmy’s. I’ll be there as soon as I can. I love you, Hillari.

“I love you too, Dev.”I hung up the phone and sat down at the curb.

I pulled out my cigarettes and quickly lit one up. I still couldn’t get over the fact that Jimmy had done that to me. I looked back at Jimmy’s house and began to cry harder. He wouldn’t even come out and apologize to me. I dialed Matt’s number and pressed the phone to my ear.

I stole a drag of my cigarette when he finally answered. Without hiding my emotions, I said, “Matt, you have to come to Jimmy’s house.”

I’m coming now, Hillari. What’s going on?

I could hear Matt shuffling in the background, as well as Angela asking what was happening. He had explained he had to get to Jimmy’s, which quickly caught Angela’s attention. I could hear her say she was coming, whether he liked it or not.

“I just need you over here.”I cried.”You need to deal with your fucking friend.”

I’ll be there in two minutes, Hillari. Are you both okay?

“Oh, I’m fine.”I sniffled.”But Jimmy is losing his touch with fucking reality. I’ll explain when you get here, Matt.”

I hung up the phone and stole a much needed drag of my cigarette. I let it filter through my lungs multiple times before letting the hot smoke out. I wiped at my eyes, whimpering quietly as I tried to stop myself from crying. I rubbed my chest where the keys had hit me and frowned when I noticed how tender it was.

By the time I stubbed out my cigarette, Matt’s SUV was pulling into his drive way. Angela had jumped from the moving vehicle and met me at the curb. She knelt beside me and pulled my face into her warm, caring hands. In a hushed voice, she asked, “Are you okay, sweetheart?”

I don’t know if it was the comfort she was giving me, or that I was still upset. Yet as soon as she finished her sentence, I began to cry once again. I broke down in Angela’s arms, but she didn’t mind. She pulled me tight into her chest and brushed my hair back with her fingers. She tried to keep me calm as Matt came over to us.

He placed a heavy hand on my back and asked, “Hillari, what happened?”

“He’s a dick!”I pulled away from Angela and wiped at my swelling eyes.”The man you call a best friend is a complete asshole.”

“What are you talking about?”Matt asked.

“I don’t know if it’s his medication that is making him so fucked up or what, but he needs to cut his shit. We got into a fender bender coming home -”I began.

“Is everything alright?”Matt interrupted.

Angela waved a hand in front of him and said, “Let her finish, Matt.”

“because he was falling asleep at the wheel. He seemed off on the phone when I called him, but he said he was fine. He scared me going to the cemetery, but we made it. Coming home was a big fucking mistake. We got into a fender bender and he threw his keys at me. When we got home, he stormed inside.”I whimpered.

“I’ll go talk to him.”Matt brushed a hand down his face and sighed quietly.”Why were you at a cemetery?”

“I was vi - visiting Leana.”I said softly.

Angela kept me tight against her chest as she tried her best to comfort me. She ran her thumbs along my cheeks and wiped at my tears. Matt got to his feet and made his way into Jimmy’s house. Angela sighed quietly and said, “Don’t worry about it, sweetheart. He probably had a bad day is all.”

“He’s never been so mean before, Angela.”I said quietly.”He actually threw his keys at me. I mean, look.”

I pulled back my shirt and revealed the red spot on my chest. Angela ran a few fingers down the red mark and her eyes widened in surprise.

“It was no fucking accident, Angela.”I breathed.”This happened about a hour ago. This red mark should be gone by now.”

“Matt is going to talk to him, sweetheart.”She sighed.”Is anyone coming to get you?”

“Devin is.”I frowned.”I don’t know if I should tell him what Jimmy did.”

“Will he go after him?”She asked.

“I don’t even know for sure.”I wiped at my eyes.”But to be honest, Devin can kick the shit out of him for all I care.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you commenters;;
Violent Ecstasy
Maxxie.
um…idk
Aightball
Musicalness99
Phantom!
shelbyvengeance
Lone_Wolf
mistery gurl
Hello Fascination.
Foreveryoung14
XXKillxxJoyXX
shasha24
ForeverPlagued
Im Candy Baby
KellShadows
dawn8279
Alyx Khaos
RavenNightmare1
bloodravyn
NME_foREVer_6661

Thankyou subscribers! :D