Status: Complete

Sarah Smiles

Give me envy, give me malice, give me your attention.

I flung the door of mine and Spencer’s hotel room open. I stormed into the room throwing my bag onto the floor. Words spewed out of my mouth like vomit. “You know what Spencer; I didn’t think Ryan could be more of a dick but fucking hell! You were right it was a bad idea to see him again.”

The anger suddenly subsided. My stomach dropped. My heart begun to thrash against my ribcage. “Shit.”

Spencer and Brendon were sat on the bed looking at me wide eyed. Brendon stared at me as if I had just committed murder. I instantly turned back around and swiftly exited the room, not wanting to confront Brendon. I paced down the corridor, not knowing where I was going; I just wanted to get away from him. I muttered curse words repeatedly.

“Sarah!” I heard Brendon’s angry voice calling my name down the corridor. It caused me to automatically step up the pace of my walk. I thought my heart couldn’t beat as fast as it was already beating but it did when I heard Brendon’s pounding footsteps behind me. He called my name again. I turned a corner and my heart sank when I realised it was a dead end and I was trapped. I still continued walking down the dead ended corridor, until I was greeted with the wall. I stood and waited for Brendon to catch up with me.

My breaths were heavy and rapid. I could feel my heart beating in my ears along with the soft beating of Brendon’s shoes that got louder by the second. I had the front of my body facing the wall, not wanting to see the anger plastered all over Brendon’s beautiful face. However, my plan failed when a hand pulled on my shoulder and spun me round. There was that livid expression I was trying to avoid.

“You, you met up with Ryan today?” He said through gritted teeth.

I nodded. I literally couldn’t speak.

“And when were you planning on telling me?”

“Never.” My voice squeaked.

He let out an angry snarl. “Why? Why did you meet up with him?”

“He called me because he was passing through Chicago with Jon and he wanted to see me.” My voice was shaking; I winced when his face grew sterner.

“And you couldn’t say ‘no’?” He spat.

“I could of, but I didn’t.” I sighed “Look, he just wanted to catch up with me. I didn’t see the problem in that at all. It all ended on a bitter note, and I regret ever agreeing to go see him.”

He let out another aggravated groan. He stepped closer to me, our bodies pressed against each other. “I don’t think you get it. I don’t give a fuck that it all ended badly, I don’t give a fuck that you regret ever seeing him. I don’t give a fuck that you actually saw him. I give a fuck you did this all behind my back.” He stepped away from me. “Obviously you knew what you were doing wasn’t the right thing, otherwise, you would have told me.” He started to walk off.

“Brendon…” He ignored me and carried on walking away.

Ryan’s P.O.V

I was sat in my car that was parked outside of the hotel Sarah was staying in. I was on the verge of tears. This was such a bad idea, such a fucking bad idea. I didn’t understand how I could think that me telling her that I was in love with her would make her come back to us.
I had that perfect image in my head. I had planned out how it was all going to happen. But there was an obstacle that stood in the way, and that was Brendon. Brendon was stupid, how could he hold the heart to such an amazing girl and yet be with someone else. How could she still love him even though he clearly didn’t love her? How could I still love her even though she clearly wasn’t in love with me?

An idiot. That’s what I was. A fucking idiot. What had come over me, did I really think being a dick was going to get me anywhere? I picked up my phone, and got her number up. My finger hovered over the call button, would she accept my apology? I pressed the button down. The phone rang for awhile until the words “call rejected” popped up on my screen. My phone suddenly vibrated and I saw it was a text from Sarah. I opened it and the simple words appeared on the screen:

“Fuck off.”

My heart dropped, she really didn’t want anything to do with me. I had fucked everything up. She had given me a chance, and I ruined it. A tear fell from my eye.

I got out of my car. If she wasn’t going to pick up her phone, I would go to her. I didn’t care if I was irritating her. I needed to tell her I was sorry.

Brendon’s P.O.V

I couldn’t believe it. Not ever had I been this angry at her. Her soft voice called out my name, I didn’t respond. I was not in the mood. I made my way downstairs to the hotel reception. I needed to walk and clear my head. Maybe I was over reacting, but I just couldn’t handle my best friend keeping something from me. The way I see it, if it wasn’t a bad thing, she would have told me.

As I was walking out, I had bumped into someone. We said “I’m sorry” in chorus. The familiar voice made shoot my head up. Ryan. We both stared at each other in awe.

“What are you doing here?” I muttered.

He looked like a wreck; his eyes were blood shot and his hair all over the place. He worse a scruffy simple t-shirt a jeans. He ignored my question and just continued to stare at me. The awkward atmosphere was killing me. He quickly shoved past me with frown on his face. He looked so pitiful. I had a good idea about why he was here and why he wanted to see Sarah. Obviously, it didn’t end well for him. I knew that Ryan was loved Sarah, he had consolidated to me about it years ago. I could tell how much is broke him when she rejected his offer to go with him and Jon. I found myself calling out his name. He quickly whipped around to look at me.

“If you’re thinking of going to speak to Sarah, she’s really not in the mood with you right now…so I wouldn’t if I was you.”

“Well you’re not me.” He spat.

I sighed. “Look don’t get annoyed at me, I’m just trying to help.”

“Well you’re not helping, you’re the whole reason I’m in this situation. If it wasn’t for you she would love me.”

I was taken aback, I didn’t understand. My face contorted. “What are you talking about?”

His whole body was shaking; I could see the tears threatening to spill from his eyes. His face was turning a light shade of pink. “I can’t believe you don’t see it. I can’t believe how oblivious you are.” The whole reception of the hotel was quite, strangers’ wanting to know what was going on. “She doesn’t love me because she’s fucking in love with you !” His voice was so loud it echoed around the room. The way he looked at me, he looked like he wanted to kill me. I stood paralysed; my whole body felt like it had shut down for a moment. I wasn’t thinking, I wasn’t moving and I think I even stop breathing for a moment.

“And you. You are just unknowingly destroying her.” I had never seen Ryan cry before, and now he was standing before me tears streaming down his face. “So if you want to help me I would appreciate if you fucked off.”

Ryan turned around, leaving me dumbfounded in the middle of the room. It took me awhile to process what had just happened. Ryan's words ran through my mind.
She’s fucking in love with you. She’s fucking in love with you. She’s fucking in love with you.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me if the changes of P.O.Vs are confusing :)
Thank you so much for the amazing comments and thank you for subscribing! <3 I love you all.
I hope you're enjoying reading xx