Status: Complete

Sarah Smiles

Those watermelon smiles just can't ripen underwater.

Brendon’s P.O.V

I found myself running towards Ryan. I reached for his shoulder and once I had grabbed it spun him around to face me. “Is this why you’re mad at me? Is this why you hate me? Is this why you left Panic?”

He glared at me. “Yes, yes, and No.” He ripped my hand off his shoulder. “She was the only reason I wanted to stay in the band.” He looked me up and down with seething eyes. “Let me ask you this Brendon: Are you in love with her too?”

I was caught off guard. I didn’t know whether I was in love with her, how was I meant to know? I couldn’t be in love with her; I was in a relationship with someone else. I knew for sure I loved her, but in love with her, I had never thought about it. My mind was clustered with thoughts, and my brain felt like it was going to explode.

“I, I don’t know.”

“You don’t know?” Ryan rolled his eyes and let out an aggravated sigh.

“I’ve never thought about it Ryan! I’ve never been in love! How am I meant to know?” I said in defence.

His eye’s fell to the floor and his voice softened. “You just know.”

For the time being, I was okay with not knowing. I was already in a relationship (a happy one at that) and if I was in love with her and knew it, well, things would be complicated. I was better off not knowing how I felt about her. But how would things be now that I knew she was in love with me? I would try not to make things different; I would act normally or try.

I felt a pang in my stomach upon realising I may have been the cause to Sarah’s miserable behaviour. That’s why she never told me. I felt terrible.

“Ryan. Please, don’t go up to her room. She’ll feel like she’s being pestered and you’ll just push her away even more. Text her in the morning or something.”

“And why should I listen to you?”

“You may not like me and I may not like you, but I still care about you. We were best friends since middle school, a bond like me and you have won’t break over a girl. I’m looking out for your best interests as well as hers. So just listen to me.”

I was surprised to hear him agree. “Fine.” His eyes trailed awkwardly to the floor. “Thanks Brendon.” I felt his arms wrap around me and I returned the ‘man hug’. He pulled away and gave me a glance before he walked away.

I had completely forgotten how mad I had gotten with Sarah. I sighed to myself. Time to say sorry.
***

Sarah’s P.O.V

“Brendon hates me.” My head lay in Spencer’s lap and he fiddled with my hair.

Spencer laughed. “You are such a drama queen! Me and you both know that tomorrow you’ll be best buds again.”

There was a sudden thrashing of a fist against the door. “Sarah, Spence its Brendon.”

Spencer turned to me with a grin. “Sooner than I thought.” He turned to the door and called out “Come in!”

I carried on staring at the ceiling. I heard the door click open and Brendon’s footsteps as he walked in, the bed shifted when he sat on it. “Hey.”

“Hey.” Me and Spencer replied in chorus.

I felt Brendon’s hand gently hold my chin, and turn it making me look straight into his deep chocolate eyes. “I’m sorry I over reacted.”

I couldn’t help but smile. “I’m sorry I didn’t tell you.” I pulled my head up from Spencer’s lap and pulled Brendon into a hug, my arms wrapped around his neck. It took him a while but he returned the hold. His arms tightly squeezed around my waist. I could have stayed like that forever. When I was in his embrace everything seemed perfect and time seemed to stand still. I felt his face bury into my neck and my stomach turned into jelly. As he pulled away he kissed my forehead and gave me a soft smile.

Spencer had a small grin planted on his face. I wore a smile that just wouldn’t fade. I put an arm around each of the boys and dragged them down as my upper body fell backwards onto the bed. I pulled their heads in closer to mine so that their cheek was pressed to mine. They laughed as they tried to pull away from my smothering hold. I soon let my arms relax, and all three of us lay staring at the plain white ceiling. I closed my eyes still smiling. “I love you guys.”

“And we love you.” Spencer said pinching my cheek. “Awww, Sarah you so cute!” Spencer’s spoke to me as if I was a baby. “Isn’t she just the cutest thing ever Brendon?!” Spencer continued pinching my cheek. Brendon had joined in.

“Yeah, I could just eat her up!”Brendon’s voice mimicked Spencer’s. My reaction to their behaviour just made them carry it on for longer. I tried pushing their hands off while laughing.

“Stop it you freaks!”

The boys were interrupted from torturing me when Brendon’s phone went off. He stared at the phone for a moment before turning to us with a wide grin.

“It’s Gabe. He wants to know if we’re up for a road trip back to California.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah again, another chapter I'm not so sure about. :/
Sorry about any grammar mistakes, for some reason I keep getting inspired to write at 2am. I'll fix them up in the morning.
Thank you for all the amazing comments and subscriptions <3
Please comment, it seriously keeps me motivated to write. xxx