‹ Prequel: Infinite Love

Undying Love

Thank you

Mikal’s P.O.V.

The doctor came in a while later and checked her vitals before handing us the release forms and telling us that Kristine should stay in bed for a month and then go see her doctor to see if it was safe to start getting around again. He also told us that she should not be picking up heavy things, such as our twins. Kristine protested about that one but she finally gave in with poor graces. After I signed the forms I kissed her forehead and went to pull the car around front so I could take her home. They must have wheeled her down to the front door because she was there waiting impatiently in a wheel chair. They took her right out to the car before I helped her stand and get in. We said thank you to the nurse and left.
I pulled onto the express way and turned the cruise on. Kristine sighed and rests her head against my arm. I glanced down at her, “Are you okay?”
“Just tired, I’m ready to fall asleep again.” She squeezed my arm and slipped her hand into to one she was holding. “Which I hope is healthy because the doctor told me to get lots of rest and how can you not lying around in a bed all day. I really hate making everyone do stuff for me. I feel so embarrassed that I can’t do it myself. You know how I feel, because I remember when that was you.” I squeezed her hand.
“Everything is going to be okay. I love you, the girls love you, your entire family adores you, and most of all, our unborn baby loves you.” I told her.
“How do you know? Maybe the baby hates me because I lost the twin?” I glanced down to see tears streaming down her face.
“Hey, I don’t ever want to hear those words out of your mouth. There was nothing you could have done to save the twin, it’s just one of those things that happens. All I know is that I love that baby and that baby loves you. You love that baby with all your heart I know you do and you’re going to do everything you can to make sure that our baby is born just as healthy, and happy, and filled with as much love as any other baby in the world. Do you understand me?” She nodded and she looked up at me with a smile on her face.
“Thank you for being the best husband ever, and for always being there for me, when I need you most. I really appreciate it and I love you so much.” She whispered.
“I love you, too, babe.” I looked at the road and kept driving. It wasn’t long before we pulled into the driveway and I carried her into the house and up to her old room. Everyone said hi to her and she answered them smiling. I lay her down on the bed and kissed her forehead before covering her up.
“I want to see the girls really quick.” She said quietly. I nodded and went downstairs. I picked the girls up and took them upstairs placing them next to Kristine before taking my shoes off and climbing in next to them. The girls fell asleep quickly as did Kristine. I lay there watching them as I slowly drifted to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had the sudden urge to write this and before I knew it the chapter was done and over 500 words. I should probably tell you I think this story is going to be from Mikal's Point of View so let me know how I'm doing. This is only one of the first times I have ever written in a boys point of view.

Thanks for reading, commenting, and subscribing:)

~Rach