Status: Don't be a silent reader! Please Leave A Comment!!

Lust for Blood

I Am What I Am

The office in which I sat was the biggest I’d ever seen. Hundreds of books covered the room, most of them were very old and the spines were slowly eroding away. Behind the old oak desk in front of me sat a huge tradition Victorian chair, the red leather old and worn away with the metal frame in the same condition. Two sets of stairs followed the room in a circle to behind the desk where there was another room. Though I could not see over the banister.

I sat between my mother and father. My hands were placed one on top of the other on my lap. My right hand balled into a fist, and my left hand gently upon it. My posture was proper and my chin held high; I showed respect to my elders. I shown respect to those who respected me. My hair was just reaching my shoulders, it was a dark red tone, my eyes, looked golden but they were darker then my fathers.

To my left, sat my mother, her dark red lustrous hair flowed perfectly behind her shoulders, her gorgeous emerald eyes shone with spirit. She was a talented witch.

To my right, my father sat proudly. His black hair darker than the night sky almost reached his chin. His skin was paler then the white moon. His eyes were golden, but brighter then my own. He was a deadly vampire.

Yes, I was half witch… and half vampire.

In front of us, behind his wide dark desk sat Dumbledore. A great friend to my mother and father, he gazed at me over his half moon spectacles, a smile appeared on his old lips,
“She has grown into a beautiful young girl,” Albus smiled towards my mother and father,
“She gets her looks from her mother,” my father spoke, his voice strong and smooth, showing the charms of his personality well.
“Yes, but she gets her wit from her father,” my mother added with a slight glance to my father who fidgeted in his chair; her voice was fair and soft.

“She will be well looked after, I can assure you,” Albus spoke looking back at me, “Are you ready for this my dear?” Albus asked.
“I’m not mentally prepared, but I’m sure I’ll survive,” I replied, my voice soft and quiet, I’m not much of a talker, but if people talk to me first I will reply.

Dumbledore stood slowly,
“Well then, I’m going to the opening ceremony, if you like your head of house Professor McGonagall can introduce you to a student who will look after you, until you are familiar with Hogwarts,” Dumbledore smiled.
“That would be lovely, though I would prefer a girl to show me around, I’m not one to talk to boys as much,” I replied, Dumbledore smiled and nodded.

I stood up and walked behind me to the woman who stood behind us, she was old and had a look of worry on her face she tried to hide the worry with a smile.
“Please, don’t be worried, I don’t feed on human blood,” I smiled at her, the Professor didn’t know how to reply,
“Ok, well let me introduce you to your guide,” Professor McGonagall smiled and gestured towards the door, I nodded and walked towards it.

“Oh, wait,” my mother spoke and trotted over to me giving me a back breaking hug as she got on her knees, “Behave ok dear,” my mother smiled, I nodded with a smile, “I made these for you, remember… one a day,” my mother started
“Keeps the sanity within,” I nodded finishing off her sentence, she kissed my forehead and stood back up.

As I walked down the stairs following Professor McGonagall I looked in the brown paper bag, inside were my favourite special sweets my mother made for me.

Blood twisters, she called them. They looked like the normal strawberry ones you’d get in Muggle shops, but instead of tasting like strawberries they tasted like blood, because they were made out of blood.

Not human blood.

Animal blood.

I was unable to hunt animals yet on my own, as I was too young to go out into the forests by myself. Though my father said when I turn 15 he’d teach me.

I looked up and around the halls of this old building; there had been so much history in this home for young witches and wizards. I glanced at the paintings on the wall to see the people and animals move within them, watching me walk down the corridor, wondering whom the new intruder was to the school.

As we arrived at two enormous old oak doors they opened slowly, I looked around the room, seeing 4 very long tables running down the hall. One for each house, I guessed. The only thing that pained me was sensing all the energy in the room, everybody in here… was alive…

I was half dead.

McGonagall walked in front of me to a young girl who was sitting at the table by herself
“Hermione…” McGonagall spoke, the young girl looked around at the Professor, the young girl turned around towards me. I could sense the blood running through her veins and everybody else’s. I kept my posture and gave the girl a small smile as she looked at me.

“This is Meira Skylar, she will be joining your house and is in most of your classes. As one of our respected pupils in her year I ask that you guide her until she can find her own way around Hogwarts,” McGonagall spoke gesturing towards me when she said my name; I had a small smile on my face as the girl looked at me.

She had brown bushy hair and brown eyes to match; she gave me a curious glance then looked back at McGonagall,
“I will be happy to,” she replied sweetly,
“Thank you, Miss. Granger,” McGonagall smiled then left me standing there.

“Would you like to take a seat?” Hermione asked, and moved up the bench,
“Thank you,” I replied and sat down next to her.

She started asking me the usual questions, where was I from? What did my parents do? Anything you’d usually ask a person when you wanted to get to know them. I replied to each one but left out a specific detail.

I didn’t tell her I was a vampire.