‹ Prequel: Unknown Visit
Status: Sequel! 8D We begin.

House of Lost Minds

Day 8.

Did I really want to read the note? Did I really want to know what Frank had to say to me? No, I really didn't want to, but I knew I would end up reading it eventually so why not getting it over with now?

I slowly undid the seal of the envelope, and pulled out a piece of yellow note book paper. Yellow? Really, Frank?

His messy handwriting brought a tear or two to my eye. Making it blurry to read. I quickly wiped them away, and read:

Rayne,
I'm sorry we have to talk through a letter, that was planted down your top, instead of face to face. The boys and I have planned everything out. We just need a week to two weeks of time to get the house set for all the people we're going to see. When we had looked at the list of living people, well, we knew we'd need something bigger.

So when I said 'house' I really meant a 'castle'. But it's not as big as a castle you'd find in England or Austria. It's about half the size of that, but it's glorious. I promise you that much. Each room has it's own bathroom. That's about... oh I don't know... 50 rooms? Yes, only 50 people are alive right now where you're at, including you and Elerna. You may think that it's impossible because you saw 'more than 50 people' before I gave you this letter, but it's true.

Anyways, 50 bedrooms. A dinning room to fit 100 people so we can eat like a family. Chefs for the kitchen. House maids for each room, that's a hell of a lot. Plus we have a living room where you can call everybody into so you and Elerna can make speeches. Yes, you and Elerna are going to be the Castle's Speakers.

Let's put it this way... all those kids are your adoring villagers, you both are the queens, and the boys and I are the knights. It's beautiful, isn't it? And you know what else is pretty damned cool? Each doorway has a persons' name plaque on it. So they can find their room easily. And each room is different according to a persons' personality. We surveyed them all.

Now, I don't want anybody to find this, so put this somewhere people won't find it. Eat it or something! Anything so they won't find it. I don't want you getting hurt anymore. You and Elerna have been arranged to have therapy sessions at the same time so you can walk back to your dorms together. Talk about this plan, but only when nobody is in the halls.

I love you. I miss you. I believe in you.
~Frank


Well, he wrote that like he was talking to me in this very room. The song 'Cancer' was playing above my head and it teared me up inside. It was the need to cry that the song gave me. And I was happy about that. I hadn't been able to cry freely for a while now, but now... I have a reason to.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it's short! But I am starting to have writers block.
This took up a while just to create.
So the next one WILL be longer then this.
Kayleigh's turn! 8D