Status: On its way back! (07/07/13)

The Devil's Deal

Four.

He followed me home. Actually, he didn’t follow me exactly; he just seemed to appear at my apartment the minute that I arrived. A grin was tugging at his lips as he watched me with eyes alight with flames, the necklace hanging from his neck and glowing like a stream of moonlight.

“Why do you need protection from demons?” I found myself asking, confused as to why he was wearing the necklace.

He grinned toothily at me, his long, pointed tongue flicking out to dart across his chapped lips. “We don’t all like each other, Mortal. In fact, a lot of people hate me.”

I wonder why, I thought grumpily to myself, narrowing my eyes slightly at him. “It’s probably because I’m so powerful and such a strong part of Hell, but a lot of people try to attack me or lure away the mortals that I make deals with.” Hope fluttered through me. “That won’t happen to you though, human; I’ll make sure of it.”

Sadness clenched its hands around my heart as I felt my whole body becoming heavy with weary. I no longer felt safe and at ease in even my own home, and the thought that it would be like this forever terrified me. I wanted to be able to experience everything. I wanted to be able to live a normal life, to fall in love and to discover myself and more about the world around me.

It made me wonder whether death had been the right thing after all.

“I’m having a shower,” I said quietly, brushing a strand of my red hair behind my ear. “So you can either wait here or leave.”

He frowned at this, his eyes swirling like pools of emeralds as he watched me. He crossed his arms over his chest, and I found myself flushing darkly at the way it caused his black shirt to cling to his muscular chest. He tugged at the metal of his snakebites with his teeth, and I my flush deepened as my heart fluttered slightly.

Disgust ran through me and the thoughts disappeared. “Shower, Mortal?” he asked in uncertainty, his eyes flickering around my apartment. “What the hell is a shower?”

Huh? I raised my eyebrows in shock, figuring that he was tricking me. But at the confused look on his face, I came to the conclusion that he really didn’t know what a shower was. My nose scrunched up in disgust. Did that mean that he never washed?

Pulling my eyes away from his gaze, I cleared my throat. “Well, I’m going to have a shower, and you can wait out here if you like. I’ll be about ten minutes.” I really didn’t understand how I could talk to him like he was a friend, and treat him as though he was a visitor. It made me wonder whether it was worth scouring the house for a knife or a form of weapon; anything to kill him with. It was hard to hold onto the thought that there was a demon in my house, much less that he held my life in his hands.

He was a beautiful creature, but he reeked of ugliness. If God had been the one to create angels, the beauty and light of the world, who had created monsters like Asmodeus? It was horrible to believe that creatures like him existed in the world, a world in which we walked through with such certainty. What was to stop them from taking the whole world over? The thought was terrifying, because looking into his dark, ominous eyes I knew that he was capable of doing it. He could kill us all without flinching once, but for some reason he found amusement in our existence, despite of his hatred for our beating hearts.

Humans were so ignorant. We believed we were at the top of the food chain, and we believed that we were the killers in the world, that we were both the evil and the good that raided this land. We were nothing. We thought so much of ourselves – we thought we were a gift of God, when really, we were just his playthings.

It was horrifying to realize that existing was just a game to so many creatures that held the strings.

A cleared throat dragged me from my thoughts. “You are so easily distracted, human. Go take your shower and be quick about it, because I need to take you down to Hell with me to meet my friends.”

Friends? Demons had friends? Maybe they were more humane than I had realized. Maybe the only thing that separated us was that we had a sense of self-control.

Nodding my head, I turned away from him and walked towards my bathroom. The thought of Hell wasn’t so terrifying when you realized that it had been there all along.

Image


He watched her leave with fiery eyes. She never failed to amuse him, mortal or not, but it angered him deeply that she thought that she could order him around. The human needed some breaking before he could grow to be around her without feeling frustration. She was far, far too controlling, and he didn’t like that one bit.

He closed his eyes, leaning back against the wall behind him. A rumbling set course through his stomach and his fangs lengthened, pushing down against his lips in hunger. Pictures of blood and corpses danced through his mind a toothy grin formed on his lips as he imagined his tearing into his mortal’s neck and lapping up at her blood. He was growing weary of being around a human without being able to taste them, and at the thought of it his arousal and bloodlust spiked.

A groan left his lips at the thought of her blood dribbling down his chin and trailing down his throat, filling him with warmth and eliciting a fire in his veins. She smelt delicious, and as useless as they were, humans always seemed to taste the best, especially when they reeked of fear and terror. He imagined how compliant she would be if he threatened to have a taste. A smirk formed on his features as a fire burst inside his throat. It was against the rules to take blood from a human that you had made a deal with, unless they consented of it, of course.

An idea formed in his mind. He would get Brian to make the petty human lust after him, and then she would be begging for him to taste her. The thought of being intimate with her disgusted him, but his longing for her blood was so consuming that he was willing to fake it for her. And who knew; maybe getting her to crave him would make her more obedient.

He pulled himself out of his thoughts, his eyes flickering over to where she had left as his fangs retreated back into his mouth. He was curious to know what a shower was, and as always, his curiosity won him over.

With a frown on his face he stalked towards the closed door, his eyes narrowing slightly when he heard water running. Was the bitch trying to drown herself? He’d be damned if he was going to let her get out of the deal that easily. He would rather have killed her himself.

He reached for the doorknob, growling when he found that it was locked. Flicking his fingers to unlock it, he pushed the door open, his eyes searching out for her body.

Steam surrounded him and he let out a hiss, stalking towards where he saw the steam coming from. The walls were made of glass but they were covered of steam, and he frowned at the contraption. Was she trying to suffocate herself? Why was she in such a small space?

Prepared to yell, he ripped the door open with a snarl, only to be met by the sound of her scream.

She was naked in front of him, water dribbling down her body as she tried to cover her indecency. She was yelling at him to get out, but the words went on deaf ears. She shouldn’t have been worried about him seeing her naked; he had seen plenty of mortals naked in his life and none had appealed to him. It didn’t stop him from trailing his eyes over her body, however, but it was his right to do that anyway.

Her skin was porcelain white and utterly smooth like a pearl, and water was dribbling down her naked flesh as she stood under the tap. Her lips were lush and pouted as she shouted at him, and he frowned as he found his eyes trailing lower. Her chest curved into two plump, round breasts that were pushed up with her attempt to cover herself, and a tingle began to work its way up his spine as his eyes lingered on the appendixes. For a human, she had incredible breasts, and it was making his mouth go dry in a way that frustrated him.

His eyes travelled lower, lingering on her long, tight legs, and he found himself wishing that she would turn around so that he could explore other parts of her. His body was going tense as he watched droplets of water dribbling down her body, and his bloodlust began to return as he caught sight of her slender neck.

“Get out, you pervert! Get the fuck out!” Her words got through to him, but before he could punish her the door was slammed shut and he was standing looking at a steam-ridden wall of glass, and he could hear her soft cries on the other side.

He rolled his eyes. It was such a dramatic response to him seeing her body. He could have seen it any time that he liked, and if she’d refused he could have killed the bitch straightaway. She was far too disobedient, and it was tiring him as much as it amused him.

Walking from the room, he snarled as pictures of her naked form once more filled his mind and he felt his body tense. Maybe seducing her wouldn’t be so bad after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well well well, maybe they are attracted to each other after all, even if they don't want to be.

I'm finding it disappointing that I seem to have so many subscribers and yet I hardly get any feedback. I'm not trying to be selfish or needy, I'd just really like to hear what you think. So comment away and I'll get to work on the newest chapter as soon as possible. XD

Ash

Also, I have a contest out that's in dire need of a few more competitors. Click Here. Join if you want to. (: