Status: In Progress

I Set Fire to the Rain

Betrayal

“Are you sure you won’t be coming to the D.A. meeting tonight? It’s the last one till after break” Hermione reminded me as I packed for winter break.

I shook my head, “We leave in two days and I don’t have time to pack tomorrow. I was thinking of telling Harry that I’m leaving in February for Poland till the end of term” I told her.

She shook her head; “I thought you told him about that a while ago” she reprimanded me.

“I didn’t know when to, we had that amazing day in November and since then he and I have been doing amazing with our relationship with no arguments or anything. I don’t want that to get ruined now that I have to tell him that I’m leaving soon” I murmured, my mood getting low realizing on how soon it was coming up.

She nodded; “I know that you mean well, but Sophie; he doesn’t need to find out just weeks before” she murmured.

Shrugging my shoulders I nodded. “I’m telling him tomorrow, we’ll see how that turns out. Now start heading out, you’ll be late” I motioned towards the door, she just laughed and nodded before following me down to the common room.

“How is it that you almost never go to the meetings?” Ron asked amused.

“I just don’t go. I know as much as I want to in defending myself” I told him as they left the common room.

I finished about two of my essays that had been assigned to us over break and I didn’t want to deal with it then, looking at the clock I noticed I could meet up with Harry as he left the meeting.

Noticing a few students walking around the halls pointed out that the meeting must have ended early I quickened up my pace towards the room.

George and Fred were joking around as I got near the door. “What are you two doing?” I asked them confused and somewhat amused.

“Just planning on what to slip into Umbridge’s tea, you?” they inquired.

“Surprising Harry, is he in there?” inquiring I looked around them to see if he was coming out.

“We reckon he’s still in there, we saw him head over to talk to Cho but after that we left” they told me causing me to walk around them and head straight towards the wall.

Walking past the wall three times I waited for the doorway to appear before rushing in, I looked around until I found them talking quietly. Before freaking out I wanted to see if they actually did anything or were just talking.

I got my answer when I found them kissing, sneaking out quietly I headed back to the common room on my own.

“Where were you?” Hermione asked softly.

“Returning a book at the library before we left for break; I’m heading to bed. I’m exhausted
after finishing two essays” I told her before heading up to my dormitory.

After changing into shorts and a tank top I slid under the covers and let the water works flow down my face as I cried myself to sleep, waking up when Hermione entered the room.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to wake you” she whispered softly.

I nodded covering myself with a blanket; I couldn’t cry myself to sleep again because

Hermione was in the room and she would instantly get worried and ask questions.

“Are you excited about break?” Hermione asked softly as she turned in her bed to face me.

Sticking my head out from under the covers I looked at her; “Honestly, I’d prefer to stay here for the break. Have some time to myself” I confided in her.

Laughing she looked at me; “Sometimes I wonder who likes school more; you or me”.

Smiling at her I shook my head; “I think it’s you, but Herm, I’m tired. I’ll see you tomorrow morning” I told her before going back under the covers, I let the tears continue to fall but let them do it silently.

Thinking it was still early morning I looked around and found Professor McGonagall shaking me awake. “Ms. Lefebvre, come with me and bring your trunk” she ordered quickly.

Grabbing my slippers and robe along with my trunk I followed her quickly towards Professor Dumbledore’s office, she didn’t bother explaining anything; not even until we entered the head master’s office where I noticed that the twins where there with Ron, Ginny and Harry.

“Good, now that Ms. Lefebvre has gotten here you can all go. Everyone gather around the portkey” he ordered us; I stood next to George not wanting to be near Harry at the moment.

Once we arrived at Grimmauld place I left the group and looked for my wand and Sirius who I found approaching us. “Sirius, do you mind if I used your fireplace?” I asked him.

He shook his head; “Dumbledore wants all of you to stay here for now” he apologized as he walked up to the rest of the lot, I stood in the background watching them start arguing before deciding to step in.

“George, Fred come on. Come show me my room” I offered the twins gently; I had no clue why left Hogwarts early but so far I just wanted to lock myself up and be as non-social as I could for the next two weeks.

George just nodded as Fred followed while they showed me where I would be sleeping in; “I don’t think mum will care if you sleep in the same room as us” George noted as we reached the bedroom.

“Thanks” I told him as I simply took of the robe and slid into the bed I would be sleeping in, once I thought that the twins were asleep I let myself continue to cry. Doubting I would be able to fall asleep if my mind wasn’t on anything other than feeling sad for myself.

George apparated onto my bed causing me to stop, “What’s wrong?” he asked worried.

I shook my head; “Nothing, just one of those moments” I lied smoothly.

He scoffed sending me a look; “Don’t think I’m stupid, you’re like my little sister; I know when you’re upset and I know when it deals with Harry. What did the bloody git do to you this
time?” he asked worried.

When he mentioned Harry I couldn’t help it in anymore and let the real waterworks start, I had held it back the first time not wanting to wake up Lavender but since it was just George I could truly let it out. My breathing was ragged as I tried to calm myself down.

George rubbed my back softly as I managed to calm myself down; “Do you need to talk about it?” he repeated worried.

“I’ll be fine, just don’t mention what happened?” I stood up walking out of the bedroom and heading down to the kitchen to get something to drink.

“Have you been crying?” Ginny murmured as I walked into her in the empty kitchen.

“Allergies” I assured her as I took a seat while she just stood standing against the wall.

“Harry’s looking for you” she noted before leaving me alone.

I was alone for at least an hour until I was interrupted by Harry entering the kitchen, “Why are you alone here?” he murmured confused.

“Just thinking” I replied honestly before standing up and getting myself a glass of water, “You want one?”

He nodded taking a seat next to where I had been sitting as I handed him his water, “Why are we even here?”I asked taking my seat next to him.

“Mr.Weasley was hurt doing something for the Order, that’s all I know” he replied as I sat on his lap. I was willing to look past what he did with Cho; I knew I wouldn’t be able to expect him to forgive me what I had been doing with Cho last term.

He wrapped his arm around my waist pulling me closer to him as he rested his chin on my shoulder.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? Anyone?