Status: In Progress

I Set Fire to the Rain

The truth comes out.

“The healers said he’s stabilized for now” Mrs. Weasley announced as she entered the house, we had nothing to do and Sirius was getting antsy with the idea that he had people over and even then that he was bored. “We’ll go visit him later, are you lot hungry?” she asked looking around until she stopped at me.

“Sophie, I would have thought that you were spending the holidays with your aunt and uncle” she noted softly.

“Dumbledore wanted me here for the holidays, something having to do with order” I told her softly.

Her facial emotions changed quickly as she realized what I was referring to, “Oh yes, I forgot. All right, did you settle into your room alright?” she inquired as I followed her into the kitchen.

Nodding I watched as she started cooking, “I’ll go tell everyone that breakfast is being prepared” I murmured so I could escape her thinking of how it was irresponsible of me joining the order at
my age.

“Ron, you’re mum said breakfast will be ready soon” I told Ron as I entered the room he was sharing with Harry.

“Alright” he muttered still laying on his bed as I went over to Harry’s side and sat with my legs crossed on the end of the bed.

“So what can we do here for fun?” I asked no one in particular.

“Mum gets us to clean” Ron complained standing up as he left for the kitchen.

“Harry, I need to talk to you” sighing I turned so that I was facing him.

“What?” he asked chuckling.

“Just promise you won’t get upset for not telling you this sooner” I murmured taking his hands in mine, his face looking at me worried. “Dumbledore wants me to transfer to a school in February” I told him.

He looked at me before shaking his head, “You waited until now to tell me?” he muttered in disbelief.

“I didn’t want you to be constantly thinking that our time was limited, and it’s not like I’m not coming back to begin with” I reasoned trying to get him to listen to what I was saying. “I didn’t keep this from you to hurt you, on the contrary I wanted to be able to value our time together. Just don’t be upset with me”.

Nodding he pulled me to his chest, understanding what I was trying to tell him; “I’m not upset with you” he assured me as I got lost in my thoughts.

“I love you, and I don’t know what I would do if I lost you” admitting to him I didn’t bother to look up at him, I was never going to be the same with him after what happened with Cho; there would always be something in the back of my mind that would make me doubt his promises.

“Nothing is going to happen to us, we’re going to stay together for a long time” he chuckled; as he made his promise I couldn’t help but let the tears come to surface. “What’s wrong?” he murmured worried as a few tears escaped and slid down my face. I shook my head smiling.

“They’re happy tears” I assured him as he tightly held me.

“Is it cliché that I want to spend the rest of my life with you?” he asked, sounding completely serious as I shook my head. “Because it’s true, I want to spend the rest of my life with you; not mattering how hard it gets out there.”

“It’s not cliché, but Harry; don’t make promises you can’t fulfill” I advised pulling away from.
“I know I love you, and maybe you might love me, or at least think you do. But I don’t see how someone can love someone and be able to promise them all these type of things without feeling guilty over how they betrayed them” I ranted. “Don’t feel bad, but I know that you and Cho kissed last night. Don’t try to apologize, I stayed long enough to realize you wanted that. I’m not going to end things over that, but I just want you to think over what you’re trying to promise me before you say them to me again” I told him.

“I’m not mad at you, I could be but I’m not. I’m just giving you some time” I added before leaving
him to ponder his thoughts alone.

I didn’t notice who I ran into while trying to remove the tear stains from my face until I looked up and found Charlie. “What are you doing here?” I murmured.

“Bill told me that dad got hurt while on business, I thought I could come for the holidays” he
admitted chuckling, “Now why were you crying?” he asked worried.

“Just stupid things, but enough of that; are you busy?” I asked him wanting to change the
subject.

“No, I’m visiting my dad later after everyone else here does. Why?” he smiled.

“I was hoping you could get me distracted from current events” pleading I looked at him desperately, “Please”.

He sighed giving, “Go get ready, I guess it wouldn’t hurt to go get my mind off what’s happened so far” he admitted causing me to hug him tightly before rushing over to my room so I could get
changed.

“Where do you want to go?” he asked realizing how fast I had changed that I desperately wanted to get out of this god forsaken house.

“Paris or London, I don’t really care. I just need to get out” I told him desperately as everyone
was coming downstairs for breakfast.

“Mum, Sophie and I are going out. We’ll be back in a bit” Charlie called out softly before taking my hand and apparating to London.

“So, tell me how’s your life been?” he inquired as we started walking around.

“Crazy. I never thought my last year of school would be like this” I admitted softly.

“Hold on there, it’s only a few months left. After that you don’t ever have to do any school work
again” shaking his head; “Unless the career you’re choosing involves more education” he added.

“I don’t even have a career in mind” groaning I glared at him. “Thanks for reminding me” I muttered, he only laughed slinging his arm around my shoulders.

“I forgot how deep your sarcasm was” he joked as I shook my head.

“Don’t complain, I know you missed me. But I’ve got great news” I smirked, “Dumbledore wants
me to join you during the summer after I get my tracking trace taken off and complete the Auror
course in Poland”.

“Poland?” he asked confused.

“Apparently I’m a Polish wizard, I get my trace taken off in February and once I’m there I’ll have to complete the training course and stay the summer with you” as I told him this I realized how
fucked up my life was turning into. “And then I catch Harry kissing some whore last night and
then this morning he was talking to me about wanting to spend the rest of his life with me” I
muttered as everything came out, eventually Charlie found himself comforting me as I just cried while we sat on a bench.

“If he bothered to cheat on you, even by just kissing someone else then he’s not the best you can have. Sophie, you’re an amazing gal and you shouldn’t have to have your heart broken by him, and as much as I like Harry. He’s an idiot for thinking that it’s alright to do that to you.” He wiped away my tears before squeezing my shoulder, “come on, let’s go get you something sweet. You need it”.

We spent a few more hours just walking around London before Charlie thought it would be best to get back to the headquarters, coincidentally arriving the same time as everyone who had gone to visit Mr. Weasley. “I’m going to go pay dad a visit, I’ll be back later mum” Charlie informed Mrs. Weasley as she walked up to us; he kissed my cheek before apparating away.

“Dinner will be ready soon” she patted my arm before walking into the kitchen.

“Please don’t tell us you’re sleeping with him again” George and Fred complained to me as we entered our room; I shook my head sending them both dirty looks.

“Nice to know you think so much of me, you prats.” I thanked them.

“Sleeping with whom? Did you and Harry talk it out?” Ron asked barging into the room, I sent another look to the twins before looking at room.

“No, I didn’t talk with Harry; and I won’t until he thinks about what he wants” I warned him knowing Ron would send this message to his friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy :)