Status: In Progress

I Set Fire to the Rain

Laying Out Open

“I’m somewhat happy to see the castle, especially this common room” I mumbled to myself as Harry and I just lounged on one of the couches in the common room. It was Saturday and lessons started back up on Monday, resulting with us savoring the last moments of break even more.

“Is that because you’re not cleaning or because we can do stuff in my room without the risks of being caught as high?” Harry inquired as he hid his face in the crook of my neck.

“A mix of both, but right now the second option weighs more” I let him know as he chuckled.

“Have we just been using George’s stash?” he questioned somewhat amused.

I nodded laughing at the thought, “Yeah, but I don’t think he’s noticed anything”.

Taking his face away from my neck he looked at me with a smirk, “Are you trying to imply something?”

“Just that we should skip lunch more often and come up here” I told him like it was no big deal.

He thought about it for a moment before kissing me softly, “We could start now”.

“I was about to tell you that” I reminded him as I kissed him back before standing up so he could get off the couch as well. I gripped his hand I as I pulled him playfully along as we reached the staircase.

We didn’t do much for a while, just snog as Ron would say. “Do you think Hermione is looking for us?” I questioned him.

“She’s probably caught up in the library, and Ron has to be around doing something” he pointed out.

“I just don’t want to get interrupted. Oh and speaking of interruptions, when’s the next meeting? I want to go” I admitted.

“You never go, what’s with the change of mind?” he questioned confused.

“Just letting Chang know not to try anything, one more thing and I’m going to punch her” my thoughts apparently were hilarious for Harry because he started laughing hysterically.

“Just don’t get in trouble, I’d hate for your hands to get scarred by Umbridge” worry visible in his voice.

“I’ll be fine, and anyways. If Cho got me in trouble for punching her I could always hurt her again. And I’m sure George and Fred wouldn’t mind helping me. They don’t exactly like her very much” I reminded him.

“They don’t like me very well either” Harry muttered.

“They just don’t like seeing me hurt” I defended the twin’s actions.

“I would never hurt you!” he exclaimed sitting up.

“Not physically, but emotionally. When we get in fights or when I saw you and Cho kiss. They see me as another sister, so any guy I date would feel unwanted by them” I tried to reason for them.

He sighed, “It kills me to know that I’m the one responsible for your pain” he caressed my cheek softly.

I shook my head, “Don’t worry about it, It’s not like I’m not the one that makes you go crazy either” I laughed.

Chuckling he nodded in agreement before leaning down so he could press his lips against mine. “I know I say this too many times, but I love you” he breathed out as he pulled away.
“It’s one of the things I love most about you though, not every guy likes to admit it aloud and talk about their emotions” I comforted him with a laugh as wrapped my hands around the back of his neck so I could pull him closer, “and I love you, even though you tell me more than I tell you”.

“So I have something to ask you, I promise not to get mad at your answer. But who’s a better kisser? Me or Cho?” I asked with a smile.

Harry sighed looking at me, “Are you really going to be worried about this?”

Frowning I shook my head, “I just want to know what I have to work on with you, and if it’s her I wouldn’t see you complaining since I would need you to practice on” I reasoned.

“If you want to know so badly, I’d have to tell you that I enjoy your lips than hers. Hers were too thin” he admitted causing me to grin and kiss him quickly.

“Are you just saying this so I kiss you?” I inquired amused.

“No, I know I can get you to kiss me without having to sweet talk you” he pointed out smugly.

“Oh really?” I asked him chuckling as I sat on his lap so that my legs were on both sides of his waist.

“Mhm, why don’t we have a competition to see who breaks first?”

“I would love to, I really would. But we came up here for a reason, and foreplay gets on my
nerves. And honestly, I think we’ve done enough of it” I told him as I crawled on top of him as
I pushed him on his back.

We didn’t get very far when Ron decided to barge in with Dean and Seamus in tow, Ron just started laughing when he saw my angry gaze headed at him.

“Hermione wanted me to make sure that you guys didn’t do anything” Ron defended his actions.

“Except for the fact that she said she was staying in the library all day” I hissed.

“You’re right, I just wanted to mess with you” he chuckled with a grin.

“And you wonder why Hermione won’t look at you” I mumbled so only Harry could hear me.

“Come on, maybe the common room will be more private” Harry chuckled softly pecking my cheek.

“I’m going to help Hermione out with homework, spend some time with your friends” I urged softly as I left the dorm.

The hallways were empty as I walked towards the library but was stopped as I noticed a familiar ginger on his way to Dumbledore’s office.

“Oi Charlie!” I called out and watched him in amusement as he turned around surprised about someone calling out his name. “What are you doing here?”

“Business with the order” he told me softly, “But apparently Dumbledore isn’t here and I was greeted by some large pink lady” he added smirking.

“Do you want to greet the twins? They should be around making a deal with Peeves” I told him.

“Peeves?” he asked confused.

“Don’t tell your mom what I’m about to tell you. But George and Fred are planning on leaving in a few months or whenever it gets bad with Umbridge. So they’re making a deal with Peeves that if he doesn’t tell on them for now they’ll supply him with things before and after they leave” I murmured softly so no one else could hear us.

“They do know that mum is going to kill them?” he asked worried about them.

“Yeah, but they’ve already bought the store and everything. They’re just waiting for the right time. But don’t say a word to your mother, please?” I begged.

He nodded; “Don’t worry, I won’t tell. So where are my dear genius brothers?” he inquired.

“They told me they would meet up with me around now, so I guess find Peeves and we find them” I told him.

“I have a question, does Ron know about what happened between us?” he questioned me softly.

“No, not that I know. It was only the twins and Hermione that knew, well them and Leah but she’s in France. Why?” I asked him.

He sighed, “Bill, he warned me to get over what we had. He somehow knew it was you”

“Well I know the twins aren’t going to go babbling about that, and if Hermione told Bill it would have been in front of Ron” I pointed out thinking of how Bill knew. When I realized a key detail.

“You wouldn’t happen to have that picture of us at the park in your wallet still would you?” I inquired reaching into the inside pocket of his coat and grabbing his wallet.

I chuckled as I opened it to see our picture, “And you wonder why Bill knew. If you’re going to keep this picture in your wallet don’t have your wallet laying out open” I muttered amused.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's taken me forever. Summer job and online classes have been hard to juggle along with writing. But I promise to try harder at updating.