Status: In Progress

I Set Fire to the Rain

Growing Up

"Where are we going?" I asked Hermione confused as she dragged me to an empty hallway.

"shush you" she muttered pulling me into an empty broom closet.

"Alright. What are we doing here?" I questioned looking around the closet with out realizing that Hermione left the tiny space. Trying to open it I realized she locked me inside.

"Hermione let me out" I growled.

"It's for your own good" she replied before walking off, eventually the door was opened and shut quickly as someone else was thrown in the room.

"Damn you Ron" he muttered under his breath as he sat across from me.

"How long do you think they'll leave us in here?" I asked him softly.

"Long enough" Ron laughed from the other side.

"Any clue why they locked us in here?" Harry questioned.

"To get us to make up" I murmured.

"Think it's going to work?" he asked hopefull.

I scoffed shaking my head, "You're the one that stormed off after I came clean" reminding him he looked away.

"And since then you've been ignoring me" he added.

"I got the memo loud and clear, we're done"

Looking up at me he chuckled "When did I say that? I just needed time"

"Then I guess i'm saying it now. I need time to grow up, I spent my summer mourning over Cedric and getting drunk to hide the pain. It's my turn to grow up and I can't do that being in a relationship. I love you I really do but now isn't the time for us"

"If that's what you want I can't force you to stay in this relationship" he murmured, the hurt coating his words.

Nodding I stood up attempting to open the door, after a few minutes I finally got it and walked away. Leaving Harry behind in the closet as tears coated my eyes.

************************************************

"So you two are really over? I would have expected you two to be all fine after being locked in the closet" hermione murmured looking guilty.

"I just think we've never had the time to be ourselves with out each other. Seeing other people. I've jumped from relationship to relationship. Some time for me to be single will be good for me" I assured her.

"And you're staying the rest of the school term?" She questioned

Nodding I answered her question."After that I'm heading out to Charlie's place. I've been offered an internship for the summer. It'll do me some good to get away from this madness"

She smiled at, "I'm glad to see you happy and stable".

"It feels great" I admitted with a grin.

"Harry's doing ok. He's been studying a lot more now. I suspect he's doing that to get his mind off the curent events" hermione told me, I silently thanked her for letting me know he was doing. I didn't want to vocally ask her.

"Do you know what your plans for easter holidays are? My parents said they wouldn't mind seeing you there"

I shook my head. "I'm going to italy. The girls want me to visit and they're heading to a small villa. You want to come with?" I tempted her

"Are you sure? You haven't seen them in months. I don't want to impose" she smiled

"Nonsense. They love you. And I wouldn't mind seeing you let loose for once" I laughed.

"Well alright. As long as you promise we won't be doing anything illegal" sending me a warry look she shook her head.

"We probably won't. Just promise to have fun" I smirked.

"Promise" she laughed.

"Good. Now I'm going to go running around the grounds. You want to come with me?"

She shook her head. "I'm ok. I'm just going to finish my book and then head to bed."

"Alright. Have fun" I told her as I started jogging out of the dormitory and down the common room stairs to start warming up.

*************************************************

Walking into an emtpy common room after my jog I noticed that it was just Harry in there reading some book, only to look up at me.

We didn't say anything to each other as I went up to my room for a good night rest.

"You two are leaving then? For easter holidays?" Ron inquired as Hermione and I carried our trunks down the spiral staircase.

"Yes sir. Off to italy we go" I smiled at him.

"Have fun mione, don't get too crazy" he laughed sarcastically.

Hermione shook her head, "I'll meet you down at the great hall" she told me before leaving.

"Are you going to say goodbye to harry?" Ron questioned.

I looked at him skeptically, "he's not here at the moment and the train leaves soon, so I guess I won't. See you in a week Ron. Don't get in too much trouble".

*************************************************

"Who's place is this?" Hermione asked in awe as we enetered

"Audrey's parents. They're going out to the states for the holidays so she got permission for girls to come spend the holidays with her" I informed her as I headed towards the room I was sharing with Hermione.

"You've been here before?" She questioned.

"Mhm. Audrey and I would come here for summer trips with our parents. I wonder if Anthony still lives next door" I mused.

"Anthony?"

"Her neighbor. He taught me how to surf. Its not a common thing in Italy, but he learned a while ago and claimed it wouldn't be hard to teach me"

Looking at me she laughed, "do you miss it? Being at Beauxbatons?"

"I do and I don't. I feel like I never got the chance to grow as a person at Beauxbatons. I've been able to do that at Hogwarts and I'll forever be grateful for that. But at Hogwarts I don't have the girls. Don't get me wrong, I love you and the girls at Hogwarts; but I grew up with these girls. We know everything about each other"

Nodding she hugged me,"when should they be arriving?"

"A few hours. We might as well just start getting changed and head towards the beach" I told her as I took out my bikini.

"Who would have known. My cousin's hot" I exclaimed smirking.

Blushing hermione shook her head, "what about you? Boys drool over you at school all the time"

" I have no clue what you're talking about, now let's go tan"

*************************************************

"I've missed you" audrey exclaimed hugging me.

"I missed you too! Where are the rest of the girls?" I inquired looking around.

"Tired as hell. They're inside changing into sweatpants and tank tops, they're going to make dinner. I was going to come say hi to you two and then head over and invite Anthony over" she murmured.

"I'll go with you" I told her quickly.

"Alright. Hermione if you want you can go shower and then meet up with the girls in the kitchen" Aubrey told her as Hermione joined us.

"Thank you. I was about to ask about showering. I hate being all sweaty from the sun" she laughed.

"No problem." Aubrey smiled as I walked with her along the shore until we got to Anthony's part of the beach.
"I heard he got hot" she chuckled.

"I just ended a relationship. I don't need another one so soon" I murmured.

"What did happen?"

I sighed, "we just never had time to be single. We jumped back into a relationship when term started. I need time to grow".

"Is this what happens when you transfer to Hogwarts? You get all smart?" She laughed sarcastically.

"Nah, there are just no parties unless your house wins a a quidditch game" I smiled.

"We heard about Umbridge. How bad is it?"

"Its horrible. She used me as an example that she doesn't want to deal with foreign wizards, especially the french"

"Fuck her. Simple as that. Make her life miserable. We all know you're specialty at that" she laughed as we knocked on the porch door
♠ ♠ ♠
It sucks. I know it does. Nice comments though?