Status: In Progress

I Set Fire to the Rain

Time Keeps Moving on.

Break had ended quickly, and the months had passed fast enough to give me a headache. I found myself in early June taking my last exam’s and getting ready for the graduation ceremony in a few hours.

“Are you excited?” Hermione curled my hair.

I nodded tears forming in my eyes, “I just wish my parents were alive to watch me graduate tomorrow”.

“They’re watching you from wherever they are, and I know they would be proud of you” she assured me squeezing my shoulder.

“Have you found out if you can skip classes today to attend the ceremony?”

“McGonagall said there wasn’t a problem, and Mrs. Weasley said she was attending the ceremony today with Charlie” Hermione sent me a look.

“I know, I invited him to the ceremony. We’ve been talking for a few weeks now” I avoided her gaze.

“You know I love you, but I just don’t want Harry to see you two get together, and do something drastic”.

“Charlie and I haven’t even gotten onto that topic, so you don’t have to worry. And anyways Harry will be in class” I reminded her.

Glaring at me, “Don’t think he won’t try to watch you graduate, you’ve seen the way he stares after you”.

“Look, I don’t want to argue with you on this subject. I’m going to go down to the great hall to see if Mrs. Weasley and Charlie have arrived yet, I’ll see you at the ceremony” I told her before leaving our bedroom while grabbing the ceremony robes and my witch hat.

“Sophie! Over here” Mrs.Weasley exclaimed; once I walked into the great hall, she walked towards me quickly hugging me. “I’m so proud of you sweetheart” she gushed.

I smiled hugging her back, “Where’s Charlie?” I asked her softly before someone placed their hands over my eyes.

“Guess who?” a husky voice asked, chuckling behind me.

“Why Mr.Weasley, hasn’t anyone told you it’s rude to play a joke on the person graduating?” I asked laughing before turning around to hug him.

“Look, you’re wearing heals and you’re still short,” laughing, he hugged me back as I hit his chest playfully.

“How does it feel to be finishing school?” Mrs.Weasley asked smiling as Charlie just draped
his arm around my waist.

“It’s amazing. I can’t believe today’s my last day at Hogwarts.” I grinned.

“My favorite part is going back to the station on boat like the first time getting here” she
gushed.

“Apart from the internship for the summer, do you have any plans?” Charlie asked.

“Well your brothers offered to take me under their wings for a bit until I decide want I to do. I haven’t decided between going into business or international affairs”.

“Well I know one thing, you’ll never get bored working with the twins; I grew up with them. I would know”

“The internship doesn’t start for another two weeks, what are you doing until then?” she
asked curiously as we walked around the transfiguration courtyard.

“Charlie insisted on a tour of France, Switzerland and Germany. So we’ll be in Paris tomorrow” I admitted.

“I’ve always wanted to see all those countries, and why not take the chance when I have a human translator right here? I’m taking a two week vacation from work and then at the end of the trip we’ll head back to Romania together.” Charlie tried explaining.

“Take photos. I’ve always wanted to see Paris.” She ordered us.

Nodding, “Will do” as the bell rang letting us know that it was time for the graduates to head over to the grounds to get settled. “I’ll see you guys at the ceremony” I smiled before hugging the both of them goodbye.

“Alright Mss Granger, you’ll be behind Mr. Forests” McGonagall started setting us up in the chairs we would be sitting at.

Soon enough we all found ourselves at our correct seats as all the family members found their seats in the back behind the last row of students. We didn’t wait long as Professor McGonagall walked up the front stage and called our names before giving out awards.

“Today marks an important day in your lives. From now on you’ll look back to this day and realize it’s your last true day of freedom, off an innocence you were all born with. I’ve had the pleasure to teach all of you and watch you grow these past seven years and it never stops amazing how much power, how much intelligence and how much each and every one of you will someday impact both the wizarding and the muggle world. I’m honored to have taught you. Nothing in life is worthwhile unless you’ve taken risks for that goal. I’m changing a bit of customs this year, instead of lecturing on about how you should all do what others think is right I’m here asking that you do something for yourself. With a great honor, I’d like to present Hogwarts Graduating Class of ‘96” she smiled at all of us, waving her wand as our robes changed to Hogwarts school color and we no longer had our house crest. “I’ve lived by this motto and I hope you all do too, if you don’t fail. You haven’t even tried”.

In a great surge of happiness we all stood up throwing our hats in the air and hugging each other, eventually going off to find our family members waiting for us.

Hermione was the first one to hug me, a grin on her face as she let go of me, “I’m so proud of you” she exclaimed.

“We’re all proud of her” Charlie chuckled hugging me then letting Mrs. Weasley hug me.

“Tonight when you arrive, we’ll send Charlie to pick you up at the station and have a celebration dinner for you” she informed me before saying her goodbyes and telling Charlie she would meet him at great hall so she could greet Ron and Ginny.

“Do you want me to take a few of your things and leave them at my place quickly?” he asked curiously.

“Well if you don’t mind, I was hoping you could take my trunk that has most of my shoes?”

“I’ll see you at lunch, I need to head off to Ancient Runes” Hermione noted hugging me one more time before leaving the two of us.

“Come on. We’ll get it over with now.” Pulling Charlie along by his arm reminded me of old times.

“You got your trace off right?” he asked amused.

I nodded grinning, “Since my birth certificate apparently states that I’m a Polish wizard the trace came of a few months ago. I just haven’t had anywhere to practice it since I’ve been at school” as we made our way into the castle, with Charlie offering to hold my robes since I was already wearing my dress.

“Such a gentlemen” I noted sarcastically.

“And don’t you forget it” he sarcastically threatened me as we entered the common room.

“You can just wait down here, I’ll get my bags in a minute” I smiled at him before rushing up the stairs.

Pulling my packed trunks behind me I hurried back down the stairs to find Charlie being interrogated by Harry who looked furious to see him.

“Ready, let’s go” I murmured breaking up whatever they were doing.

“It was nice seeing you Harry” Charlie noted only to earn a scoff from Harry.

“Couldn’t say the same” he grumbled walking away.

“Harry. Don’t take it out on him.” I mumbled causing him to turn around and look at me.

“Let’s not be stupid, we all know that he knew about our relationship. He still kept on knowing how wrong it was. Last time I checked he doesn’t deserve my respect” he stormed off.

“I’m sorry” We exited the common room.

“We both knew what we were getting ourselves into. It’s my fault too” he pulled my trunks for me.

I shook my head, “You didn’t deserve to get yelled at like that, I’m the one that pushed us to keep seeing each other”

“Looking back I was the one that pursued you. It’s alright”.
♠ ♠ ♠
Graduation