Status: In Progress

I Set Fire to the Rain

Learning from past mistakes.

Arriving in Paris I had instantly felt at home, must have been my inner french longing for the sense of belonging; opening the front door to my family’s apartment that looked over the famous Champs Elysees.

Charlie looked around the foyer of where we would be staying for a few days marveled, “This belongs to you?” setting our bags down he ventured into the living room.

I followed him to make sure he didn’t get lost, the apartment from outside looked like a small flat, but thanks to our magic my parents had been able to enlarge it on the inside and turn into a masterpiece. Smiling I looked around reminiscing my childhood memories, “I’ve missed this place”.

“So tour guide, where are we going first?”

“I was thinking that you could rest up and I could unpack my things, but there’s food in the fridge. Help yourself and once I’m done I’ll take you to see the sightseeing at night”. Looking
up at him, I waited for his answer.

“Don’t worry about it. You go do what you need, and I’ll go look around” Charlie assured me before I headed upstairs to my room with my bags.

It looked just like I had left it, neat and proper while my closet mimicked the rest or the room.

Taking a seat in the middle of the closet with my trunk open I started taking my clothes out
and putting them back into their right places.

I breathed in deeply when I saw the ring Harry had given me during the winter holidays, it was our engagement ring and right now it was a slap to my face I stared around my surroundings. I hadn’t bothered to solve our relationship, just throwing it to the side when he said we would have to work for it.

Shaking my head I tried to push those thoughts out of my mind as I set the ring down carefully on my shelf. I didn’t deserve to have him, I only put him through misery and that something that he didn’t need. Not now, not ever with everything he had already been through. He deserved someone that would never dream of hurting him, someone like Ginny even.

She would have never done this, she would never risk of losing him and that’s the type of girl Harry needed.

Standing up I changed into a simple outfit for tonight before heading downstairs to give
Charlie the tour we had agreed on.

“How do you like it?”

Charlie looked up from the scrapbook he had been looking at when I entered the living room, I had forgotten that we had a countless amount of scrapbooks in the library, it was a hobby my mom had when she was still alive.

“You were a cute baby” he noted.

I sent him a smile, “Thank you. Now what do you say about going to roam the streets for a bit and then I can take you to my favorite café for dinner?”

Standing up he walked up to me, looking around, “I would love to” before he settled his eyes on mine.

Grabbing his arm and my jacket I pulled him out of the apartment and onto the Parisian
streets to show him.

“So tell me, honestly. How are you dealing with the breakup?” he asked as we just walked
aimlessly with no goal in mind, as if he had read my mind while we had been leaving the apartment.

“I’m ok” I assured him, a silence lay over us until I leaned up and kissed his cheek, “Thank you though”.

We spent a few hours just spending time together while I showed him the highlights of what I loved about Paris. “So what do you Parisian’s do here for fun at night?”

Rolling my eyes I rattled my brain for a reply, “We go the nightclubs; hang out at bars not
much different than England”.

“Do you feel like going to one tonight? If you don’t, I completely understand; we could just hang out at some café”.

Sending him a nod I started pulling him towards the apartment. “Clubbing tonight it is”, I laughed.

Getting to the apartment I showed Charlie where his room would be before heading to mine to change into something suitable for the club. I hadn’t been to one in a while and I was partially excited to let my hair down and let loose. I guess this was normal now; I was done with school and wouldn’t seem like some rebellious student sneaking out.

I didn’t notice Charlie walking into my room until he spoke up, “Are you ready?”

Putting on my earrings I nodded following him out of my room and out of the apartment, I led us towards the club that I favored. I let myself get lost in the music and the drinks as I attempted to have a good time.

These were my golden years, and I couldn’t keep moping around about something that I clearly didn’t deserve. Your move on from your mistakes right? That’s exactly what I was planning on doing with my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry if it sucks.