Status: In Progress

I Set Fire to the Rain

Battlefields

Waking up with a pounding headache, I groaned before using the closest thing to me to block the sunlight from the window. I didn’t realize for a few minutes that I was using somebody’s arm, an arm I knew very well.

Especially the distinct scars from injuries that I had repeatedly traced when in trances; looking up worried, his face confirmed my thoughts. The only thing left that was aggravating me, was whether or not we were wearing any clothing.

The more I thought about it, the faster the memories hit me at full force.

The kisses, the moans, the tearing of fabrics and so much more rushed to my head, worsening my headache.

Shaking Charlie to wake him up I just put my head back on the mattress, eventually I came to the conclusion that it was no point. Charlie was at a point of no return at the moment in his slumber.

Crawling out of bed, I slid on some yoga pants and a tank top before heading to the kitchen to get some tea.

A million thoughts rushing through my head as I thought about the recent events, I was eventually pulled out of them by Charlie kneeling in front of me.

“We should talk about last night” he murmured pushing a strand of hair behind my ear.

Looking up at him, I shook my head. “What’s there to talk about?”

Sighing he looked at me, “What we did last night. I know you’re going through a hard time, it was wrong of me to let things get so far-” turning my face away from him, he used his hand to caress my cheek, “I don’t want to make this hard for you. If you want to cut the trip short I understand”.

“I just can’t help but think you still have feelings for me, and I don’t want this to give you any false hope, you’ve been so good to me; you don’t deserve this”

Not moving his gaze from mine, he breathed out “I’m not asking much of you, only to give me a chance. I know what my chances are and I know you’ve still got things to get over and I’m here willing to wait. Just don’t put me down, give me a chance.” Kissing my forehead, he pulled away, “We’ll take things as slow as you want”

“I just don’t want to hurt you” I tried repeating, to get the message through his head.

“And I’m ready to try” he insisted kissing my cheek, “By making you breakfast for a start”.

Laughing I shook my head, “ You don’t have to, I can make us some food”.

“Sophie, its fine. I’ll make breakfast and then we can go sightseeing around Berlin for a few hours before coming back here”

Sending him a nod, I stood up. “I’ll get the bags ready. We should be able to make it to Romania by tonight”.

“You’re going to love Romania.”

“Are you just saying that because you get to see your dragons?” I asked laughing as he shook his head, “Good, I don’t know how I’ll feel about having to share you with them”

Heading upstairs, I packed our things in our bags before changing into my clothes for the day. Reminiscing about our trip around Europe, I couldn’t help but grin on finally being able to think about other things without Harry haunting my thoughts.

A crash downstairs made me rush downstairs with my wand in my hand to watch a patronus disappear from the kitchen. “What was that?”

“Death eaters, at the Ministry of Magic; Ron and Ginny are there” Charlie grabbed his wand.

“We have to go, now” I urged not bothering to apparate with him to the Ministry. I knew if Ron and Ginny were there, that there was a large and most likely chance that Hermione and Harry were there.

I was more worried about Hermione than the rest of them; she was the only family I had left.

Arriving at the ministry it wasn’t hard to see where everyone was, there was a path of destruction leading to a dark hall with curses rebounding off the walls everywhere.

Fury swept through me when I saw Bellatrix holding Hermione up by her hair, just as I a sent a curse at her; the rest of the order appeared.

“Sophia. Get the lot out of here!” Remus yelled at me as I ran towards Hermione.

“Are you ok?” I asked her quickly before pulling her towards Neville and Ginny who were huddled together.

She seemed to frightened and shaken to give me a logical answer, pulling her and Ron towards Ginny and Neville.

“You four need to get to the Floo network as soon as you can and get into McGonagall’s office” I ordered them quickly.

“What about you?” Ron complained as I kept pushing them.

“I have to stay and help them” I ordered them, making sure they were in the green flames before running back towards the veiled room.

Entering the room, I froze seeing the green streams of lights hit Sirius, before he fell through the veil disappearing. Looking around, my gaze froze on Harry, the one person I knew would be impacted by this the most.

I found him, being held back by Lupin; but I knew Lupin wouldn’t be able to hold him for long.

My assumptions confirmed after I realized he was running towards Bellatrix. The only thing left to do was follow him too.

Seeing him try to get back at Bellatrix I frowned, “Harry don’t do it”.
It broke my heart to see him so upset, but my anger was raised after Bellatrix continued to
taunt him.

I hit her with a curse before Harry could think about it, distracting him enough time for Bellatrix to get away.

“You let her get away! Why would you let her get away?” He screamed at me before falling down to my lap in sobs.

Before I could try to comfort him, I was hit by something from the back. Powerful enough to get me to fall forward in agonizing pain. As if I was on the brink of death and then brought back to perfect health and then back to the brink of death. I only heard my screams and saw the images of my parent’s dead bodies on the floor.

The pain didn’t subside until I was on the brink of passing out, once it did I felt myself being supported up by someone. Looking up I noticed it was Charlie with worry painted over his
face and that we were weren’t at the Ministry anymore; but in the Hospital wing at Hogwarts.

“I’m ok, I promise” I murmured, letting out a groan as I held my splitting head.

“We should get you checked out” he insisted helping me to sit up.

Shaking my head, smiled at him “Charlie, I promise. I’m fine, but what about Hermione?”

“I’m okay Sophie” Hermione laughed at me from across the room.

“Are you sure?”

Charlie chuckled, “You should be able to leave in a few minutes. Do you want to stay for the night or just head to Romania?”

“Let’s just get to Romania. I want to get settled in”