Status: In Progress

I Set Fire to the Rain

Sorting

“I thought you were supposed to go with the first years to get sorted?” George asked confused as I walked past the first years.

I shook my head; “McGonagall wrote to me saying that I should just go up to the castle and get sorted in her office rather than with the first years” I told him as we searched for a carriage.

“Mate there’s only room for only one more person” Fred told us as we reached a carriage, I sighed looking around and found Hermione about to get on one.

“I’ll see you guys at the feast” I told them before heading off in her direction.

“Are you ok?” she asked.

I nodded putting on a fake grin, “Never better. George cheered me up” I told her loud enough so Ron and Harry could hear.

Hermione shook her head as we boarded the carriage. “Everyone this is Luny-loona lovegood” she introduced the blond girl sitting on my other side.

“Are you two still together?” Luna asked me looking between Harry and me.

I shook my head answering her question; “No, we’re just friends now” I assured her as I avoided everyone’s gaze. It got uncomfortably silent as we waited patiently for the carriage trip to end.

“So how was everyone’s vacation?” Neville inquired looking around all of us.

No one answered his question and as Hermione was about to answer the carriage stopped. Letting us know we were at the castle.

“Where are you going?” Hermione asked worried.

“Don’t worry, I haven’t forgotten where the great hall is” I told her before walking off on my own. I would be damned if I was going to stay around the awry silence when I could be getting sorted.

“Ms. Lefebvre welcome to Hogwarts. Now follow me so we can sort you into your house before the first years arrive” Professor McGonagall greeted me as I walked through the front doors of the castle.

Nodding I followed her into the great hall to see it decorated for the feast tonight, the last time I had been in here was for Cedric’s service. It was strange to not feel like breaking down and crying knowing it hadn’t been that long ago.

As I sat on the wooden stool in front of the staff table I noticed that Professor McGonagall
had a grungy black witch hat with her before she set it on the top of my head.

Ah, it’s been a while since I’ve had one of you; rarely does your family come to Hogwarts. Custom yourself to heritage, so where to put you? They’ve all been placed in Ravenclaw, but you seem different. There’s only one place you could be placed in”he spoke to me through my mind.

“Better be put in Gryffindor!” the hat exclaimed causing me to shake my head and roll my eyes. I would have rather preferred to be in a differ house; not to be in Hermione’s shadow. Not in academics but in general, I didn’t want to be known as Hermione’ cousin.

Hermione grinned as I walked over to the Gryffindor but her grin faltered when I walked past her and took my seat next to George. George just chuckled kissing my cheek affectionally as the first years walked into the great hall.

“So, Fred told me about something he heard while paying a visit to my younger brother and his two friends” he started softly, so that I would be the only one to hear him.

“And?” I questioned as I looked up at the little kids near the stool I had just been on moments ago.

“He was contemplating whether it was the right thing to end with you” informing me he chuckled.

Shrugging my shoulders I looked at him; “He can get over it” I admitted.

“And he if he wanted to get back with you?” I was asked.

“Well then he might want to work for it” advising I grinned when the food appeared.

“So you are going to be giving him a chance aren’t you?” he chuckled.

“I don’t really care; if he wants to he can go for it.” I ended the conversation as Dumbledore stood up to the podium.

Before he could even get to the main point of his welcome back speech, the new professor in pink stood up interrupting him, everyone went quiet. After she finished I shook my head, George and Fred didn’t like her already and I could tell not many people did either.

“Do you remember the way to get to Gryffindor Tower?” Hermione asked me as the feast ended, Harry tagging behind her. Might as well have some fun before he starts pleading me for forgiveness.

“Dean said he would show me around a bit” I told her smirking as I walked off with Dean, who was just chuckling.

“What are you up to?” Dean questioned amused.

“Just play along will you?” I asked him as we took a longer way to get to the tower.

“Well Seamus wants nothing to do with Harry and I don’t feel like being dragged into the middle. So I might as well have some fun before my dormitory gets split in half” he reasoned, agreeing to my fun.

“Thank you, it should only be a few days” I assured him as we finally reached the tower.

“Don’t worry about it” grabbing my hand, he intertwined our fingers together before entering the common room.