Status: In Progress

I Set Fire to the Rain

The Breakdown

“Did you manage to figure out what I was hoping?” Dumbledore asked as I appeared in his fireplace after spending a weekend in France.

“You wanted me to find my birth certificate and realize that my entire life was a lie?”I hissed
angrily.

I had spent three days researching information on my parents from the French Archives in Paris, to only find out that I wasn’t even French as I thought I had been. I had learned that I was born in Poland and lived there until I was three. At the age of three I had been kidnapped and taken to live in France until I was rescued at the age of seven and taken to live in the country side of France till I started to attend Beauxbatons.

“Yes, I couldn’t be the one to tell you about this. You needed to know about this on your own. It wouldn’t be the same” he murmured as I took a seat.

“You need me to find out on my own. That everything I knew wasn’t real? That the one thing that kept me sane was a lie, because that’s exactly what everyone wants that to happen” I muttered sarcastically.

He chuckled softly smiling, “You want to know answers right?” he assumed.

“Naturally” I replied.

“Yes, you were born in Poland. By birth making you a Polish wizard, but if it comforts you; after spending enough time in France you are still considered a French wizard” a smile still on his face, “But there is a reason that I need you to know this. Like any normal person, I expect you to be wanting to avenge your parents”.

I nodded; I let him know that at least I was listening to him. “After the dark lord returned to power in June, I reconvened the Order of the Phoenix. A secret society to fight against Lord Voldemort” as he informed me he watched my face for any reactions.

“You want me to join, Professor; I would love to, but I’m still underage” reminding him he chuckled.

“And this is the part where everything comes together, under Polish law. Polish Wizards come of age at fifteen years” standing up he walked around me to his book, “And unless I am mistaken, you turn that age in February. Sophia, you are at seventh year studies and to finish a few months early wouldn’t be hard. I’m proposing for you to have a way to study with Aurors after you birthday” Dumbledore grinned at me, it was obvious he had been though thorough thoughts on this topic as I put the clues together.

“I would have to leave for Poland to study there” I told him my assumptions.

“For a few months yes, but you would return” he assured me.

“And what then? I come back to England as a young Auror?” I asked him.

“Yes, that’s what I was planning on happening. But of course we need more foreign wizards to join our alliances. We don’t need another war like what we had last time. Families were destroyed” he murmured, pain written all over his face.

“I’ll do it” I agreed softly as I stood up.

Dumbledore acknowledged my opinion, “I’ll inform you more on this on a later occasion. But know I think you should head to your common room. I already had Umbridge ask about your whereabouts”.

I was about to place my hand on the door handle when he coughed softly; “And if your cousin and her friends have been having thoughts on forming a group, to study. Then advise them that I don’t see anything wrong with it” his eyes twinkled with delight.

“Will do sir, it was nice talking” replying I walked out of his office and headed towards the common room; I was both physically and emotionally tired to even think of being social and talking to people at the minute.

Even if it meant not being able to talk to Hermione about the current events; something I knew she would want to know.

The common room was fairly empty except for Ginny who was just sitting there doing some work; she and I hadn’t been on speaking terms after she found out that Harry and I were back together. I figured she wasn’t too happy about it. I knew she had a crush on him but I thought she had gotten over it; which I was proven wrong with the glare she sent me when she looked up at me.

“Oh, it’s just you” she muttered standing up.

“You don’t have to move, I’m going to my room” I muttered watching her sit back down as the common room door opened, I turned around to see that it was Hermione and Harry with Ron following them.

Hermione nudged Harry in the rib causing him to look up and see me, a grin formed on his face causing me to laugh.

“When did you get back?” Ron asked chuckling as he watched Harry walk up to me.

“Just now, I need to talk to you guys.” I murmured as Harry hugged me.

Ginny left the common room quickly after she saw Harry and I hug. “So have you guys talked
about whether you’re going to form the group?” Hermione asked once the common room was empty.

Harry looked at Ron and Hermione and then at me; “I just don’t think this is a good idea” he reminded us as I laid my head on his shoulder.

“It’s up to you, I’m not going to make you do it” I assured him softly, after this conversation I was going to sleep.

“Just let me think about it some more” he told Hermione, Ron didn’t say anything not wanting to get on the wrong person’s bad side.

“How was France?” Harry asked once we were alone, Hermione and Ron left in search of Fred and George.

“Hell” I mumbled softly looking up at him,

“Why?” he asked confused, I didn’t blame him; I usually got excited about being France. I sighed breathing in before telling him what I found out.

“So you were born in Poland, and your parents were deeply involved with the war?” Harry asked as I turned to face his chest, we were currently on his bed sense I was too tired.

“Do you know what this means? My entire life was a lie, nothing I know is true anymore” I murmured looking up at him as he rubbed my back trying to comfort me.

“At least you know you have Hermione as a cousin” he reasoned as I scoffed.

“Harry. I don’t know anything about my childhood, now that I think back the earliest I can remember is being nine. I have all those years with no memory, the closest thing is me having that dream a while ago in the meadow being five. And even that confuses me” I was on the brink of starting to cry.

I felt so lost, I didn’t have a stable childhood. Hell I didn’t have an emotionally stable life, the only thing stable was having Harry here for me for the time being. I started to think about
Harry wanting to leave me again and I finally lost it and let the water works start.

Harry just held me as I sobbed into his sweater; I was like that for a bit until I was stable enough to stop. “I’m sorry” I murmured looking at his sweater that I had destroyed with my makeup.

“Don’t. It’s fine, really. I hate seeing you like this” Harry kept quiet as he silently consoled me, I think he realized that I just needed to be near him, we were silent for a while until he sat up; pulling me up with him.

“I wasn’t planning on telling you like this, but with the current events I can’t help but feel that now’s the perfect time to tell you this” admitting he chuckled nervously. “I can’t imagine my life without, I’ve tried but I can’t and I want you to know this” I was hoping he wasn’t proposing, it sounded like the exact words he would use, “Sophie, I care about you a lot, and you mean so much to me. I would die if something happened to you. And right now you need to know that someone in your life is going to be here forever. Sophie I love you” he sputtered out.

A smile formed with my lips as I looked into his eyes, he was being a hundred percent honest and I knew he meant it.

“I love you too” I murmured pressing my lips against his causing him to grin before pulling away.

“I’m glad I cheered you up, I hate seeing you so sad” as he admitted he took my hand.

“Thank you, It meant a lot” assuring him I laid back down. “Would I seem lazy if I asked for you to take a nap with me?” I asked him, he only shook his head.

“Don’t worry about it; you’re emotionally tired from this weekend. And Angelina made us practice like hell".

“Great, we’ll take a long nap before dinner” muttering I laid against his chest before dozing off.
♠ ♠ ♠
commments?