Status: In Progress

I Set Fire to the Rain

Competition

“Harry, you should really do this” Hermione kept insisting in an empty common room after they had talked to Sirius through the fire place that only ended with someone’s hand reaching for him in the end.

I glared at her, “Hermione. If he doesn’t want to do it, he doesn’t want to do it” warning her I gave her a look.

“I just think it would be better if people knew how to defend themselves, Umbridge refuses to teach us anything and it’s not safe anymore to be blind” she turned to me.

“So? Doesn’t Harry have a word in what your forcing him to do?” she was aggravating me with the whole lessons topic, Ron was staying on her side most of the time unless his opinion was publically asked; that was when he was back on Harry’s side.

“Of course he does, but he’s the only one with real experience in this” her retort was what caused Harry to get up angrily.

“Because I wanted those experiences so much, I wanted to face Voldemort my first year, I wanted to go into the chamber of secrets, I wanted to watch him come back last summer, I wanted to watch Cedric die” Harry practically yelled at her before realizing what he had said and turned to me as I stood up after he mentioned Cedric.

“Soph, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to” he murmured softly as I shook my head with a smile assuring him that I was fine; I needed to get used to hearing his name.

“Harry, we need someone to teach us how to defend ourselves from Voldemort. And If Umbridge refuses to, we need to find someone who will” Hermione insisted one last time,
using Voldemort’s name for the first time.

Ron and I watched her as she walked up to her bedroom, “Mate, Hermione has a point” Ron muttered looking at Harry.

“I know, that’s why I’m going to agree to do this. I’m bloody crazy to do this, but I’ll do it. Will you tell her?” he inquired looking over at me.

I shook my head giving him an answer as I looked over at Ron who was just watching us amused, “So how Bill?” I asked him to change the conversation.

“Good, he’s visiting Charlie this week; apparently he’s trying to get over some girl a few months ago” Ron muttered before standing up.

“I’m going up to bed, you coming Harry?”

“I’m going to stay down here some bit with Sophie before heading to bed” Harry told him
before Ron headed up to his room.

“So what are you going to do about what you found out in Paris?” Harry inquired as I sat down and placed my legs over his lap.

“Find out more, Hogwart’s library has old archives from foreign countries. Might as well search there for a start”

Simply nodding he looked at me; “Time goes by fast”.

I chuckled; “It does, it’s already the end of September. But there’s a Hogsmead trip in a bit, let’s go on a date” I murmured before thinking of something “Could we go to the tea shop?” I grinned as he groaned.

“Are you sure you want to go there? It reminds me of Umbridge when you see all the pink
through the window” he complained.

Sending a frown I sighed, a trick I knew would work “Fine. I guess we can always go to the Three Broomsticks, I’ll just ignore the crowds of people going in and out all the time.”
This only caused him to sigh, “Fine, I guess it wouldn’t kill me to spend some time with my gorgeous girlfriend at a tea shop, it’s because I love you so much” he warned me as I leaned over and pecked his lips.

Grinning I kissed him softly, wanting to make sure he knew I cared about him as well, “I love you too”. I never thought I would be with a guy for a serious relationship and be happy about it.

“This is your seventh year right? So you graduate this year?” he inquired with a question that came randomly out of nowhere.

“Yes, why?” I asked confused.

“I just realized that I won’t see you next year, it’s going to be weird knowing you already graduated” admitting he chuckled and kissed my cheek.

“I’ll always visit during the Hogsmeade” I assured him as I moved so that I was sitting on his lap, “And then there are always the breaks”.

“You should go off to bed, you’re not the nicest person when you don’t get enough sleep. Then everyone else sacrifices me to be the one to keep you calm” as he mumbled I stood
up.

“Well if you find it such a hassle to handle me when I’m tired in the mornings, I don’t think
you deserve a good night kiss”.

“Are you sure about that? I’m pretty sure you’re the one that needs the kiss, not me.” Retorting he stood up.

“Oh really? Is this a competition, I’m positive that you’re making it sound like one” I was amused so far of how this conversation had been started and how it was going so far.

“Yes, I think we should have a friendly competition between the both of us on who needs the good night kiss more” assuring me he made his way to the stair case.

“Sorry to tell you this babe, but it’s not a good idea to be too cheeky. It’s really bad for you when you get disappointed with losing” warning him I leaned against the staircase wall.

“You should be telling yourself this, I know I can handle not kissing you tonight. I had to do it this entire year before we were together again” Harry chuckled amused.

“Harry, sweetie; I’m going to hate seeing you so upset after this. You’re not one of the best losers. But I’ll make things easier on you; the rules are no kissing until one of us looses” I smiled with a smirk as pushed myself off the wall and placed my arms around his neck as I looked up at him before leaning up so our faces were closer.

“How is this easier for me? You’re the one throwing yourself at me at this very moment. I always thought it was me but I didn’t expect you to be doing that. Sophie, this is degrading” Harry murmured in the cockiest way I had heard him in a while causing me to smirk at him.

“Did I ever tell you how much I love your smirk?” he questioned leaning his face down closer to mine.

“No, you don’t tell me a few things” I admitted as he inched closer and closer up to the point where if one of us moved we would be kissing.

“It’s all up to you now” his breath on my face, clouding my judgment until I reminded myself I was trying to prove something in this competition.

“Every minute we argue this I get closer to less sleep and you’ll end up being stuck with me tomorrow morning” I told him before pulling away from him completely so that we were on opposite sides of the staircase.

“Might as well get some sleep” I added, a grin still on my face as I headed up the stairs to my dormitory only to be pulled back by arm harshly so that my face was once again only millimeters from Harry’s face.

“Yes?” I simply asked.

“I needed to do this” he chuckled pressing his lips against mine until I pulled away for air.

“I win” I whispered softly before attempting to hurry up the stairs until Harry decided to pull me by my arm again to the bottom step.

“Spend the night with me?” he asked softly.

“The guys won’t mind?” I inquired; I didn’t want to make his roommates uncomfortable by not being able to be themselves around me in the morning when they woke up.

“They’ll be fine, and it’s not like you’ll stay all morning; I know how much you take to get ready in the mornings” assuring me I nodded.

“Can I just borrow a hoodie? I’m already wearing sweatpants” I murmured causing him to chuckle before pulling me up the boy’s stairs with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
People. I wooould reeaallly ENJOY some comments. I've been updating multiple times this week and all I ask for is comments. I'm sorry, i'm not trying to seem rude but I'm not asking for much just one or two comments. I hate having to end up saying that updates will only come with comments.