Status: a work in progress

Claimed

Covered in Blue

Warm, so warm, but why is my pillow so hard? I wake up and recoil from the light that spilled into the room. “To damn bright,” I mumbled to myself as I placed my hand to my slide to sit up when I hit something fleshy. I looked next to me, eyes still focusing when I saw a man sleeping next to me. “Oh,” I rubbed my eyes sleepily, “It’s only Josh Duhamel.” My eyes popped open and I looked at the man again. “Josh Duhamel!” he woke up and looked at me shaken up.

“What? What happened Liv?” he said looking around vigorously.

I watched as my brain took it all in, “Anthony!” I screamed at the top of my lungs feeling my face heat up in embarrassment. He looked at me and sheepishly smiled as my door flew open revealing a pissed Jacqueline eyes blazing with a mixture of bright greens and blues.

She looked from me to Anthony and scuffed at him, “Damn vermin.” She said and then with a flick of her wrist he flew from the bed to my bean bag on the floor.

“Hey, hey can’t you be a little gentler with the landing? I almost went through the wall there Jackie.” Anthony said from the floor.

Jacqueline looked at him as if contemplating whether or not to kill him on the spot, “Horny, pervert incubuses like you should remain silent when facing death.”

Anthony laughed at her and I merely shook my head from the bed, laughing at a pissed, sleep deprived Jackie is like signing your death certificate. “What can a child do to a man like me?”

In a flash Jacqueline was in front of him finger nails extended like newly sharpen daggers hovering over his lower area. “I can cut off you main selling point,” she said darkly, “and I know a man like you can’t live long without his little pal.” She smiled at him and he looked truly frightened. She backed away from him half smiling and trying to suppress her giggle when she walked to me, “you okay? Did this pervert do anything?”

I shook my head, “No. He just surprised me.”

“Good. Now if you don’t mind I think I’ll go back to sleep now.” She climbed into my bed and fell into the spot Anthony was not too long ago, “night.” Then she was out like a light.

I pulled the sheets over her and watched Anthony crawl over to her side of the bed watching her from the floor. “Damn this girl. I was only sleeping you know, it wasn’t like I was doing anything bad.” He moved his finger and poked Jackie’s cheek and she slapped him. Stunned he shuffled back with his hand on his face looking at the sleeping girl that smacked him. “Man this girl.”

I got off the bed and stretched, “She’s cute this way.”

“She isn’t cute at all,” Anthony mumbled while getting off the floor. He stretched and looked at me as if never saw me in my red boxers and black tang top before.

“What?” I asked looking at him.

“Nothing,” he shrugged and then tossed me my robe, “Just thinking that Jackie isn’t the only non-cute girl here.” He said walking past me smiling.

“Shut up,” I said and whipped him with my robe before putting it on. “You’re just upset because you were threatened by a girl.”

“A little then again…” he stopped in the middle of the hall thinking to his self. “A relationship with her would be a little kinky.”

“Because of the enormous age gap?” I questioned him crossing my arms across my chest.

“Well yeah,” a smile spread across his face, “that and her always threatening me and hurting me can become a little S&M.”

I pushed him so he could start moving, “That’s terrible.”

“Really? I think I could use to it.” He laughed.

I scowled, “With your lifestyle you could get use to anything.” We walked into the kitchen where my mom was placing some waffles on the table for breakfast.

“Anthony,” she said as we sat down to eat.

“Yes,” he said eyeing the steaming waffles in front of him.

“Give me one go reason I shouldn’t through you out of this house right now?” she said as she slammed a knife into the table.

I watched Anthony’s Adam’s apple bob up and down from the corner of my eye while I stocked up on waffles. “Because I didn’t do anything wrong and life for you would be boring without me in your life.” He nervously smiled at my mom who seemed to buy it and take the knife out of the no longer new table. She placed the knife back in its place before leaving the room to change for work. “God does everyone know I slept in your room?”

I took a quick slip of OJ to wash down the waffles, “Well what did you expect? Did you think you would get away with it?”

“Well…I guy could try.”

“And that very same guy could lose his nuts at the same time.” He recoiled a bit at that comment and I smiled before shoving some more waffles in my mouth. Mom came back out of her room dressed for the day ahead of her and kissed me before leaving. Anthony finished his breakfast before heading to his room to go back to sleep like the lucky bastard he is when Jacqueline emerged from my room looking disheveled. She looked at me then at the clock noticing it was almost nine-thirty before she dragged me from my seat so we could change and leave for Alexis and Andrea’s place. I threw on my blue sweater and black boots with my jeans before meeting Jacqueline in front of the house. We got into her car and drove into the city only we knew of called Haven, or City of Embers as that’s what the children of the night call it. The two of us talk a bit until the car started beeping demanding gas so we pulled over to the nearest Shell station to fill up.

Jacqueline pulled up to a pump and shut off the car before pulling out her wallet, “I bet that damn incubus is the one who didn’t refill the tank.”

“That’s Anthony for you.”

“Well he know owes me forty bucks,” she handed me the money, “Can you pay while I pump?”

I took the money and the both of us got out of the car. I lightly closed the door and Jacqueline slammed in while calling Anthony every foul name she could think of at the same time. I chuckled and walked toward the station’s entrance when I noticed a man that seemed the have a glow around him. He stood by the door and watched the people walk in and out with them noticing him and at one point he stuck his foot out and tripped a man. As the man tried to get up the man laughed revealing is purple tinted eyes, a fairy. I walked past him as casually as possible and waited in line to pay for the gas. The whole time I swear I could feel his gaze on me, as if I was be examined under a microscope. When I got to the front I glanced in the security mirror and saw him looking at me from the window that I have to say really scared me. The cashier gave me the receipt and I walked outside ignoring the fairy and got into the car with Jacqueline already in the driver’s seat.

“Everything okay?” she asked looking at me.

I looked at her so the man could read my lips, “I’m being watched.”

“Watched?” she said slowly as she turned on the car, “by who?”

“The man over there,” I nudged my head toward the door and she looked over my shoulder.

“Who? There’s no one there.”

I quickly turned around, “But there was a fairy just there a second ago.” Suddenly my body started to tingle as marks appeared on my body in blue light. “What the hell?!”

Jacqueline’s eyes widened, “Fuck,” then she quickly put the car in drive and sped away like a bat out of hell.
♠ ♠ ♠
So tell what you think. I'm going to try and make the chapters move faster in pace so please comment and subscribe! ^_^