Status: In Process.

Always.

Lonely, lonely little life I could kid myself by thinking that I’m fine.

When I wake up in the morning I woke up alone. And I have to say I was a bit disappointed. I laid on my back and sighed. I looked over at the clock which flashed 9. Too early.

"Sorry didn't know you were up. Came to get my shirt." Brendon said walking in with just jeans on his hair still dripping water and I couldn't help but to stare. Ok, don't stare Emma.

"No it's ok." I said falling back on my back and looking up at the ceiling.

"You sleep ok?" he asked sitting next to me still shirt less. Ugh! He was making it hard.

I looked over at him and nodded.

He chuckled, "no more bad dreams?" I nodded again.

"Good."

"Are you hungry?"

I nodded and he laughed, "are you going to talk to me this morning?"

I nodded, "soon."

"Oh ok." He said with a smile, "well, I'm going to finish getting ready. How about you go get ready and we will go get some breakfast."

"Ok." I said and he leaned down and kissed my forehead then got up.

I was starting to have feelings for him I shouldn't be thinking about. Well, that I swore I wouldn't. I got up quickly and went to my room. I showered and some how managed to be ready in 30 minutes. Probably because I scrunched my hair instead of drying it.

"Ready?" he asked as I came down the stairs.

"Yep." I said and he got up from the couch.

I yawned as we walked outside.

"I like your hair like that." He said as we got into his car.

"Thanks." I said smiling at him then turning my attention to the window. Augustana was playing and we drove in silence. I didn't know what to say because ever since I got to thinking about me possibly liking him I realize that I do. Of course I can't tell him when I basically told him I didn't yesterday.

"What's wrong?" he asked softly and I looked over at him.

I forced a grin, "nothing."

"You aren't very talkative this morning."

I laughed, "sorry."

"Mhm. Don't worry. I'll find out." He said and I laughed, "find out what?"

"Find out what's bothering you darling."

"Nothing is."

"Sure. Ok." He said with a grin as he pulled up at a place I've never been.

"They serve breakfast all day."

"How come I've never known!" I said and he laughed as we got out.

"I have no idea." He said as he held the door open for me and we went in and got seated.

"So, have you talked to your parents?" he asked and I looked at him from across the table.

"No..."

"Maybe you should. Em, I don't want you to be alone while I'm gone." He said sincerely as he put his hand on top of mine.

"Why? You think I'm going to be kidnapped?" I asked with a grin even though his concern made me happy as messed up as that is.

"maybe. I'll just be super worried."

"I have Natalie."

"Yeahhhh..you don't." He said making a face.

"What do you mean?"

"Ryan asked her to go. So she's going with us."

"Ugh! She's ditching me for a guy!"

"Well, sweetie. You can stay two weeks with us and then what? When you come back only 3 more weeks of class and then you can join us again."

"Ugh." I said putting my head on the table.

He laughed, "Emmy. It will be fine. I just would feel better if I knew someone was staying with you."

"Fine. I'll see what I can do."

"Thank you."

We ate and we leave about an hour later.

"I can't believe all of you are leaving me in a week." I stated as we headed to Ryan's.

"Em. I know I'm sad as well."

We arrived at Ryan's and we walked in without knocking of course.

"Glad you made it." Ryan said not surprised at our entrance.

"Where's Natalie?" Brendon asked as we sat down.

"Right here." She said I guess coming from the bathroom.

"Where have you guys been?" she asked and I crossed my arms not responding.

Natalie looked at me oddly and Brendon laughed, "we went to eat."

"What's wrong with her?" she asked sitting next to Ryan.

"Emmy, what's wrong?" he asked me with a grin.

"I'm not talking to her."

"Oh. Right. I know why." Brendon said looking at Natalie.

"She's mad at you for going on tour and leaving her here alone and probably for not telling her." He said looking at me to see if that was right. I nodded in agreement.

"Oh come on Em!" Natalie said putting her hand on her hip.

"I'm sorry, do you hear something Brendon?" I asked and he grinned, "Emmy, be nice."

"I don't think so." I said crossing my arms.

"She hasn't been in a good mood all morning for some reason." He stated.

"So what? Are you and Ryan dating?" I asked ignoring Brendon.

"No." Natalie and Ryan said at the same time.

"Right. But you want to be? Since you can't wait two weeks?" I asked I mean the more I thought about it the more mad I was. I mean, could she not wait? I was her best friend after all.

"You need to lose this attitude. I don't know why you are so mad about it. I mean, are you sure you don't want to date Ryan?" she asked crossing her arms.

"Girls..." Brendon said clearly feeling the tension.

I said this as calmly as I could, which it being so calm probably made it more scary, "well, I just thought you could wait two weeks since I am your best friend and all but apparently celebrity crushes before friends right? Well, that's fine Nat. And no I don't want to date Ryan. But if I did I'd have the guts to tell him unlike you who just follows him around. Have an amazing trip." I said smiling as I walked out of the house leaving her standing there speechless.

Of course Brendon was right behind me.

"Hey." He said grabbing my arm.

"Yes?" I asked in a calm voice. I told him I could hide emotion well.

"What just happened?"

"I thought it was obvious."

"No, it wasn't really." He said staring at me.

I shrugged, "can you take me home."

"Sure. We are having a talk when we get there."

"Brendon, seriously, I'm not a child I don't constantly need lectures from you." I said getting in his car.

"What is wrong with you?" He asked.

"Sometimes I wish people would stop asking me that. What's wrong with you? Are you okay? Do you want to talk? its always the same thing. And i'm sick of responding the same way." I said bitterly.

"Everyone just worries about you Emma." He said not backing down.

"Oh why? Because my parents hate me and my mom hit me a few times?" I asked trying to keep my anger down.

"You know what amazes me is how you can't even show anger. Its astonishing." He said not phased by my words.

"You know what amazes me? Is how you all think you know me."

"Hey here's an idea Emma. Why don't you stop feeling sorry for yourself. Stop thinking everyone is out to get you and oh poor Emma its her against the world." Brendon said as we got out of the car.

"Oh another thought that proves you don't know me."

"Well I mean who can when you are a complete bitch." Brendon said from behind me as we entered the house.

"Wait. You can't be a bitch since you are a robot and show no emotion." He added. I don't even know how this had turned into an argument or what exactly we were fighting about anymore.

"This coming from someone like you. Hey maybe you should quit your shitty band and become a motivational speaker!" I said smiling sarcastically as I stomped up the stairs.

"Oh why when I have you? I mean, are you telling me there are more emotionally screwed up rich girls else where?" he asked. Okay, that hurt.

"You are just like everyone else." I said as I turned around and went to my room. I slammed the door and grabbed my suitcase from under the bed. I started putting close in it even though I have no idea where I would go. Tears started to fall as I quickly threw things in messily. I don't know why I was so upset by this, probably because I never expected it from Brendon. Why was no one was ever like you wanted them to be?

"Where are you going?" I heard Brendon from the door.

I zipped up my suitcase without a word and I wiped my cheeks before looking up. I couldn't let him see me cry.

"I'll come back for the other things later." I said pushing past him and he grabbed me by the waist.

"You have no where to go." He stated.

"Oh, being a rich girl and all ism sure I can afford a hotel at least." I stated and his face softened, "Emma. I'm sorry. I was out of line."

"What's done is done." I said pulling myself from him.

"Emma. I'm not letting you leave." He said following me down the stairs.

"Right. Ok." I said and he reached the door before me. Blocking it by standing in front of it.

"Wow. You're really mature." I said boringly.

"Emma, I'm sorry. Really. Don't leave. I shouldn't have said that you just get me so heated because there is never a reaction from you! And I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you cry." He said regret written on his face.

"You didn't."

"So, the mascara on your cheek is the latest trend?" he asked and I crossed my arms in defeat.

"Emmy." He said softly as he got closer to me.

"I'm so sorry. You know I didn't mean it. You're amazing and I'm so glad you're in my life and if I could stay and wait those two weeks with you I would." He said wiping mascara off my cheek.

I said nothing and he stared at me, "forgive me?" he whispered, "I mean stay as mad as you want at Natalie but, I need you to forgive me." He said with a grin.

"And why is that?" I asked a bit dazed from his touch.

"Because, I can't have you mad at me darling. I will never forgive myself if you don't." He said stroking my cheek.

"Please? I will make it up to you I promise."

"I forgive you. And I'm sorry about what I said. Your band isn't shitty."

He smiled, "I forgive you. You know sometimes you have to forgive someone because you can't stand the thought of not having them in your life." He whispered.

"Is that what you are doing?"

"Of course not. I forgive you because I said worse things! But I like to think that's why you forgave me for my ignorance." He said smiling.

I smiled, "maybe."

"Well, lets go unpack this thing." He said grabbing my suitcase. He helped me put everything back and I slide the suitcase underneath my bed.

"Em." He said and I turned to face him.

"What am I going to do without you? You have been my life for a week now."

"Have some privacy?" I asked smiling.

"I don't want any." He said wrapping his arms around me.

"I would be perfectly fine with spending another week with you." He added and my heart felt like it was going to leave my chest.

"Well, you have 3 more days before you leave and plus I'll see you in two weeks." I stated and he shrugged, "that's a long time."

I smiled, "some how I think you'll survive."

He shook his head no and I laughed.

"Oh you don't think so?" I asked smiling.

"Nooo." He said pulling me to him.

"Go with us." He said pouting.

"I will be there soon enough."

He sighed, "I guess so..."

"So, I guess we will be sitting at home tonight since ya know, you yelled at everyone." He said as we walked downstairs.

"I did not." I stated as I sat down.

"Well either way, what do you want to do tonight darling?" he asked sitting beside me.

I shrugged and he smiled, "want me to cook for us?!"

"Oh gosh."

"What? I can make, spaghetti." He said and I laughed, "sure. But I'm helping. I don't want you to burn the house down."

"You have little faith!"

I laughed, "no I do. I just worry about that..."

He glared at me, "mean much?"

"Never."

He chuckled, "Well, wanna run to the grocery store with me?"

"Oh sure."

He smiled, "well come on." He said pulling me from the couch. It was hard to stay mad at him or even hurt by what he said because he was always so sincere when he spoke or at least that's the vibe I got. Brendon would be my weakness I could just tell. God, help me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I say it like every chapter but thanks to everyone who reads this, leaves comments, subscribes. everything! I would give you a high five if I ever met you, just know that...

Enjoy! :)