Ready to Go

Tonight, Not Again

With one eye closed and the other opened to see the beautiful rays of the sun peeking through my fingers which my hand was raised to the sky for further entertainment. And what entertainment it was, each movement of my fingers creating some kind of ray that made the smile on my face grow even wider. I was oddly comfortable on the wooden board of the game booth, my day was different today. I would be working with Dustin, which was always great.

It was still in the early morning and there was little going on. Workers walked around, getting what they needed or simply just walking. I heard running of feet on the boardwalk, I turned my head curiously and opened my other eye, leaving my hand in the air.

“I’m so fucking late, I’m so fucking late.” I heard Hilary said to herself as she ran by. “Hey there Ivy!” She greeted with a quick wave and ran even faster towards the boss’ building.

“I heard loud Hilary, where is she?” Dustin asked, sitting up from his spot from the bottom of the game booth.

“Clocking in,” I answered and looked over him.

Dustin looked around suspiciously with an eyebrow raised, “So she is.” He said and slowly lowered himself back to the floor. “I am prepared.” He whispered.

I never knew what went on in Dustin’s head, but I was curious about what he thought about half the time. I turned my head and lowered my arm, I watched as Dustin started to gather darts into his arms. He looked up at me and gave me a toothy smile and went back to his sneaky business. I sat up and crossed my legs; I kept my eyes on Dustin starting to get lost in his ways of trying to prepare for whatever was going to happen.

“Hello, hello…” Hilary greeted and slipped on her work shirt. Her colored eyes grew wide as she ducked quickly, luckily dodging the dart that Dustin threw. “What the fuck!” She yelled and leaped over the wooden counter and onto Dustin.

“I’m Dustin.” He said cheerfully as she started to yank at his hair.

“I know who you are, jackass.” She hissed and picking up a defenseless stuffed animal and started to beat Dustin with it.

“No, no, Dustin.” He said slowly, the beating and the hair pulling taking no affect on him.

I shook my head a little, not too sure if I should be adding myself to the fight or just let it happen and with the gut feeling, I let it happen. The good thing about their fights, they never lasted long and that’s when work started. Dustin was the one to bring in the players with his happy mood and bright smile, I was the one to give out the prizes, collect the money and cheer them on the best I could.

Things started to pick up around the time Dustin and I were on our break, we sat on a bench with some food and sodas, staring at the open sea. The beach was a bit a pack but that didn’t make a difference, it added more to that pleasant vibe I always feel when I’m at work.

“One day, I’m going to get my boat working and I’m going to sail that beautiful sea. I’m going to let the wind and everything else decided my destination and wherever I go, I’ll be sure to send a postcard.” Dustin stated before taking a drink of his soda.

“And what if you end up in the middle of the ocean?” I asked softly and placed a few fries into my mouth.

“I’m glad you think I’ll make it out to the ocean, I was just thinking I wouldn’t make past the pier.” He laughed softly and kept his eyes on the ocean. “I can picture the first postcard, Dear Ivy, I’m alright. I’m safe and sound on Joe’s desk… with much unicorn cum, Dustin. P.S. I found Joe’s porn stash.” He said while writing on the palm of his hand.

“Unicorn cum, really Dustin….” I asked and shook my head a bit.

“And Joe’s porn stash.” He added and raised his cup before taking a drink.

“Amen to that, man. Let’s get you a few waves before our break is over, yeah?” I asked while getting up, I gathered our trash and tossed it into a trash can.

“You’re not going to join me?” He asked following suit, and stood in front of me.

I stared at his chest and brought my eyes up to his, I shook my head a bit. “No, I’m a bit scared of the water right now.” I answered with a small chuckle.

“Oh, what is this is Miss. Ivy scared of the ocean?”

“I said a bit scared, I’ll connect with it… soon.” I looked over to the ocean, watching a few waves crash into the shore. I frowned a bit; I was never scared of anything until now. I brought my attention back to Dustin; he wasn’t looking at me but beyond me.

“Wha--” I was cut off by sudden warm hands covering my eyes. I quickly placed mines over the person’s trying to figure out who it was. With much tugging and pulling, I failed. “Who is this?” I asked a bit annoyed.

“Guess,” A familiar voice said.

I bent my arm a bit and nudged it back, getting the familiar person in the gut and making them groan. My vision was back and I turned around seeing a hunched over Brendon Urie. “So my guess was right.” I said with a smile.

“I can’t believe you got it on the first try,” Brendon said slowly bringing himself back to the standing position, his hands still on his stomach and the pain in his face lingering.

“I’m good.” I said and stared into his eyes, for a moment I lost my drain of thought. I shook my head and licked my lips, “What brings you here, Brendon?” I asked and crossed my arms.

“It’s a free pier isn’t it?” He laughed.

“Yeah,” I started and looked over to Dustin who was dancing restlessly next to me. He pointed down to the beach making his eyes go big. “I… okay, let’s go.” I said and smiled. I linked with Dustin, letting him pulled me away from our spot. I turned my head and looked at Brendon, “Wanna join us?” I asked.

Brendon nodded and with that stupid grin, he walked next to me and smiled more. It made my heart ache, look away, just look away I was telling myself. I noticed his eyebrow rise, I opened my mouth to speak but ended up looking forward and picking up my pace now pulling Dustin along.

I let go of Dustin when we reached the beach, I carelessly let myself fall onto the warm sand where I started to pull off my shoes. Dustin had gone off in search of a friend and his surf board, leaving Brendon with me. I eyed him every now and then; I wasn’t sure of what he would do or say, still being in his presence made me fidgety. I got to my feet again and with a shaky hand, I grabbed Brendon’s forearm pulling him towards the water. With no questions, he followed.

The waves brushed against the tips of my toes, I wiggled them a bit as a smiled appeared on my lips. I took a step further in the water, my hand that was holding Brendon’s forearm had turn into my arm being wrapped around his whole arm. He didn’t seem to care that his shoes were getting wet just a bit, he stayed next to me.

“Why don’t you go in a bit more?” Brendon asked lightly.

“I wish…” I mumbled and started to back up until the water wasn’t touching my feet. “Why did you come today?” I looked over to him and removed my arm from his.

He stared at me and laughed, “I’m starting to think you like hearing that I want to go out on a date with you.”

I rolled my eyes, “When are you going to realize that you’re wasting your time?” I sighed deeply and watched as Dustin happily held his surf board and walked into the water. “You came to the wrong girl for a quick lay.” I said and looked back at him.

“I’m not wasting my time and that being is because I’m a guy in a band and I just want to fuck around.” He said with an amused laugh.

“No because you’re guy from what I can tell.” I said with a half smirk.

“Now you have jokes?” He crossed his arms; my eyes looked over the tattoo on his arm. I tilted my head a bit to the side to look at it a bit better. “It’s a just one meaningless date.”

“Meaningless date, yeah that’s the ticket to getting me to want to date you.” I looked back at his eyes and brought my head back to its normal position.

“I don’t know how else to put it, saying that it’ll be romantic date would only get me another rejection.”

“Then why keep asking?”

“I don’t know, but I don’t want to stop asking. You have to know how great it could be when you go out on a date and then feeling it gives when you’re leaving the person, smiling.” He explained with a goof but cute smile.

I stared at him and sighed deeply, “Give it up, Brendon.”

“No,” He stated shortly and frowned. “Not until I find out your issues with dating or you got out on a date with me.”

“I’m really starting to feel sad that the man upstairs didn’t take me when he had the chance.” I watched as the smirk grew on his lips. I didn’t expect that.

“He probably wants you to take this date,”

“You’re charming, just so fucking charming.” I threw my head back and stared at the cloudless sky. “Damn you, dude.”

I heard Brendon laughed which got a smile on my lips. For the rest of the time with Brendon, was predictable as it could be, half the time was great as for the other half the whole date thing was really getting on my nerves. I didn’t know why I couldn’t stay mad at him; I didn’t really like what was happening. I’m not saying that I was starting to like Brendon, he was a cool guy but he gave me an uneasy feeling, or it could’ve been fear.

Our break was long over and when we returned to our game booth, no one said anything. Apparently we were working the whole time without being there, all thanks to Hilary. Night came quickly and our work continued a bit more until closing time. After closing every game booth and whatever else needed covering, I said goodbye to Dustin and Hilary, Brendon left a few hours before.

I held onto my bag and walked backwards just as they left the boardwalk, I turned around completely and entered the dark pier, I headed passed the boss’ building and to the small shack and opened it with the key I was given. I entered the dark shack and pulled the string, the dull light bulb brightening up most of the shack. I tossed my bag onto the one of the bean bag chairs and headed for the very small bathroom.

If it wasn’t obvious, I didn’t have my own apartment and this place was free. I didn’t hate it, I really loved it. It was just enough for little o’ me. It contained a bed, the bean bag chairs, a desk and a few dressers that didn’t hold much clothes also posters on the walls and of course the small restroom and a mini fridge. The good thing was no one knew of me living here, not even Dustin just Joe my boss.

There is a story behind my reason of living alone in this small shack on this dark pier; it’s a long story that I totally regret. It was all because of one stupid, ridiculous feeling and the taste of love. Its feeling that dead to me, I don’t believe in it. This story should be shared within time.
♠ ♠ ♠
i totally hate that this took me a week to write, and the turnout isnt what i thought it would be.
but as seen, you get a hint of Ivy's dislike for love and brendon still bugging for the date. i hope it was enjoyable.
comments, subscribers? chyeah?
i thank those who subscribed, i dont know who you are... but you do. mystery. xD
oh and let me know if the text is readable at the beginning, thanks.