Ready to Go

MrCuriosity

It was almost a week since my near death experience and the band mate that entered my life. Brendon was making himself comfortable in the small space I was giving him; I still didn’t know what he was getting at. He sort of dropped asking for a date and it was replaced by numerous questions about me and love. He didn’t get much but shrugs and getting ignored. I didn’t understand him at all; it didn’t seem like anything got him down or pissed off. Or I didn’t see it at least. It was okay to have him around which was starting to be every day, and I was nervously getting comfortable with him, if that made any sense at all.

If that didn’t this might, I noticed by the fourth day that there was this kind of power he had. It made me want to get as close as possible to him, to be able to feel his own skin against mine… that kind of disgusting thing. And that’s something I didn’t want to get use to.

The sun was shining high in the beautiful blue sky making this day a hot one, I loved it. I sat on the boarded counter with a tiny red water gun in hand, I looked at the couple in front of us separating Hilary from me and Dustin. I frowned deeply, as one peck lead to another which lead to fully on make out session. I raised my gun and pulled the trigger a few times getting her closed eye and getting his cheek a few times.

“5 points!” I heard Hilary yell from the stand she worked at.

“That’s at least 15!” I yelled back and looked over to Dustin.

“100 points, cause you got her in the eye!” He said happily and marked the invisible chalkboard in the air.

“I’m complaining to your manager!” The pissed off girl yelled, she held onto her partner’s hand tightly and stared at me.

“Okay, just walk down this way and at the medium size building there’s going to be a door that reads, ‘Manager’ knock and the rest I’m sure you can figure out.” I said with a wide smile and wiggled my fingers in a way of saying goodbye.

The couple walked away without a second to waste, maybe I was being dramatic but they did walk off. I placed my water gun next to me and watch as Hilary looked for her next target. She aimed and fire, making that familiar person jump and snapped his head to her.

“5 million billion points for shooting a guy in a band!” She cheered and raised her arms proudly.

“2,” Dustin said calmly and marked our invisible scoreboard.

“Dustin that’s 5 million billion,” Hilary protested and put her hands on her hips.

He wiped the board with the back of his hand and nodded while rolling his eyes, “Fine that’s just 5 million.” He said mumbled.

“What the hell is going on?” Brendon asked and placed himself next to me on the boarder counter.

“Every once in a while when we get bored, we shoot people with our water guns.” I explained and looked over to him, smiling a bit.

“Why?”

“Why not?!” Dustin laughed and held onto his gun. “It’s like you don’t understand us, man.” He continued and shook his head.

“I don’t understand you.” Brendon stated, frowning a bit more.

“You will, within time.” I comforted him and patted his leg.

It was quiet for a moment but the loud yell of my name from Joe, only made the whole section quieter. I stared over to the direction he yelled and watched as he marched over with the couple. I got off the counter and stuffed my hands into the pockets of my shorts and smiled brightly.

“Ivy at your service, sir!” I saluted him and stood a bit taller.

“Don’t try to get cute with me Ivy; is it true that you shot this young lady in the eye?” Joe asked sounding a bit mad.

“Well Joe if I shot her in the eye, there would be blood everywhere… You would’ve heard the gun shot, people would be running around like mad, scared for their lives! It would be an ugly sight here. As you can tell the girl is perfectly fine, her eye is not shot and she can see.” I explained and motioned to the girl’s eye.

“You know what I mean,”

“Obviously not Joe,” I said and shook my head a bit, trying to look confused. “Clarify it for me! Dumb it down for me if you will.” I sat down and crossed my legs.

“Ivy,” Joe groaned and pinched the bridge of his nose. “Did you or did you not shoot this young girl in the eye with a water gun?”

“Oh well in that case, yes… yes I did. I got 100 points for that. Am I right Dustin?” I looked over to him and smiled.

Dustin dropped the stuffed animals he gathered and looked up at the invisible chalkboard, he counted the lines, and he started to nod. “Yes that is correct. 100 points, Joe, no harm was done to this girl. Her eye was closed, not to mention she was sucking her boyfriend’s face. It would’ve been a different story if she had her eye open that would’ve been 10,00 points.” He said and crossed his arms. “You would’ve beaten Hilary.” He cupped the side of his mouth and whispered to me.

“I heard that!” Hilary yelled and shot us a look.

“Good, maybe you’ll bring your A game to next time!” He yelled back and nodded once.

“I will do that with my eyes closed!”

“All of you just shut up; there will be no more water guns or this game you guys are playing.” Joe demanded and looked between the three of us.”And who are you?” He asked referring to Brendon.

“Uh,” Brendon started and got off the counter; he bent down and moved his hand over the surface of the boardwalk. “I lost my contact, son of a bitch.” He whined.

“I didn’t know you wore contacts, Brendon.” Dustin said shocked and jumped over the counter, starting to help Brendon look for his nonexistent contact.

“For the love of Pete, you guys are going to drive me insane!” Joe yelled and looked over to the couple. “I’m sorry, this will never happen again.” He said reassuringly. “And Ivy, I want you to work at the merry-go-round and get away from these clowns.”

“Sir, that’s the couple you’re talking about!” I gasped and covered my mouth.

“IVY!” Joe yelled and gave me that warning look; I knew if I pushed him I would be sorry.

“I’m going.” I said quickly and got off the boarded counter, stepped over Brendon and rushed off to the ride. Once I got there, I told Quinn to move it or lose it. I took his spot at the stool and looked over the line that was close to being just down to two people. I sighed and waited for the ride that just started.

“Whoa, I thought he was going to fire you!” Brendon said cutting through the two people and stood in front of me, leaning against the rail.

“Yeah, me too.” I laughed and looked up at him.

“Now that we’re alone,” He winked. “How about you tell me about you and your relationship with love.” He wiggled his eyebrows in a cute matter. Damn it.

“No,” I said and shook my head. “Come on, Brendon. You’ve been asking me about this for a while now and you’re not going to get an answer. Why do you keep asking, dude?” I asked.

“Because I care,” He simply said.

“No it’s because you’re nosy.” I said and shook my finger.

He reached out and grabbed my finger, biting the tip of it lightly and let it go. “I’m not going to lie, I’m curious on why you’re all anti-love.” He said, smiling.

“I have my reasons.”

“Which are?”

“None of you business, Brendon.” I looked at him, trying to get him to stop asking already. I thought he was sure of the outcome of this conversation.

“Then try that date out with me.” He smirked and leaned over the rail more. He was getting into my space, popping the bubble that was clean of him. I looked over his face, his eyes almost everything that I could get before he could look away. He wasn’t perfect and I didn’t understand why there was something there that made it seem like he was. I wanted to stand closer, but I couldn’t take myself of the damn stool.

“Any sane person would move on.” I stated with a small chuckle.

“Maybe I’m not as sane as others than.” He said and stared deeply into my eyes.

I stared back not trying to fall for that charm or anything, “Explains why you’re always here, nagging and begging me for a date.” I told him and shook my head slightly.

Brendon stayed quiet for a bit, he took a deep breath and stood up getting off the rail he leaned against. “Because you won’t let me into your head, you won’t let me know anything about you, Ivy!” He said his voice taking a different kind of tone. “Let someone know something about you, you don’t always have to have this tough image!”

“I don’t want you in my head, Brendon. I don’t want anyone to know anything besides the obvious. Just leave it alone.” I said lightly, keeping my voice at its normal tone. The only thing that changed was I stood up and kept my stare on him.

“I’m annoyed, goodbye Ivy.” Brendon groaned, no longer did that sincere smile show on his lips.

I waved my hand and sat back on the stool, there wasn't the usual gravity force pulling me closer to Brendon.

“No, not goodbye,” Brendon said loudly as he turned around and walked back to me.

“Then hello…” I said brightly and smiled.

He stared at me for a while, he tried to repeatedly speak his mind, but nothing came out. It showed on his face that he was frustrated and most likely pissed. He grew quiet and stared down at the floor.

“Maybe a ride on the merry-go-round will help you?” I offered and opened the small gate.

“Really?” He asked, bringing his eyes back to mine.

“Yes, go for it.” I told him and watched as he happily entered the ride.

Brendon disappeared behind the turn, I smiled and looked over to the other two riders and allowed them to go in as well. I closed the gate and was just about to start the ride when I was stopped, I looked up at Quinn and then down at my hand.

“What are you doing?” I asked confused.

Quinn nodded his head over to the ride; I looked over to it and at Brendon, who waved me over. I looked back at Quinn. “Get on the ride.” He sort of demanded and pushed me off my spot.
I nodded a bit and stepped onto the ride and then stood next to Brendon. He grabbed my hand, led me to a bench and pulled me down next to him just as the merry-go-round started. I smiled at the music playing, I smiled at the horses moving and the lights that shined brightly.

“I wish I could make you smile like that.” He said in a low tone.

I looked over to him and laughed a bit, “You have your moments.” I reassured.

“But I want more, and I want to know that I do make you smile.” He held onto my hand tighter, I even forgot about it until I felt his grip.

I sighed deeply and looked into his eyes, I didn’t think he was going to work this hard just to get something as a small date. Still, I wasn’t going to let my guard down. “Okay, okay. There’s this bonfire that’s going to happen Saturday night, it’s a group of friends just hanging out. Dustin, Hilary and Quinn are going to go. So let’s just hang out then, that’s it. Don’t even consider it a date.” I warned and smiled a bit.

“Hey, I’ll take what I can.” He said smiling more, making my small smile turn into something far more.

I kept my eyes on him; I didn’t get him at all. I know I’ve mentioned it once before but it was true. I was trying to figure him out the best I could, he was filled with surprises. He just had that smile and laugh that says, ‘Hey I can brighten up your day within a few seconds.’ And he usually did. Brendon Urie is just a visitor and a maybe buddy but nothing more. I hope.

“Brendon, I found your quarter!” I heard Dustin yell from the gate and held up a quarter.

“What quarter!?” Brendon yelled back just as we made our way back to him.

“The one you dropped over there by the game booth, remember?”

“Oh that quarter, thank you!”

“No problem, man. I’ll leave it here for you.” Dustin said and placed on rail.

“You lost a quarter?” I asked Brendon and looked over to him.

“No. But it’s a quarter, and I want it.” He said and smiled.

"I thought you lost your "contact."" I said using air quotes.

"Contact, quarter... same thing."

See, he’s never to be understood.
♠ ♠ ♠
man, oh man, its been a crappy couple of days. but its getting better, i hope! theres always the brightside.
so, she getting a bit closer to brendon and the next chapter, i have it all planned out.. kind of.. but you will learn her past.
i hope you enjoyed this update!
thank you for those who comment me and subscribed. you really do rock, i hope you know that.