Status: Slowly updated. School's getting in the way. My apologies! D:

Lavender Sweater and a Volkswagen Jetta

Ten Times Better

“Joelle Monaco, you are coming with me to the mall whether you like it or not.”

I gave Jules an ‘are you kidding me’ look. Really, I wasn’t in the mood to go out and shop with her… or in her case, have a girl’s day out. I’ve been peeling away from everybody lately. I wasn’t listening to every conversation they have, I barely kept up with them, and I decline their invites to go have drinks.

It was November and we were in Chicago. The whole time we were travelling from place to place seemed like a blur to me. I couldn’t remember how we got here. Maybe it was the fact that I hadn’t been up for everything or the fact that I’ve been keeping everything to myself.

Jules sighed and dropped my hand and sat down next to me, beaten. She ran a hand through her blonde locks and said, “Elle, it’s been two months. Can you please stop moping around?” her words seemed like it was a plea rather than it was meant to sound like.

I shook my head lightly. “I’m not moping around.”

“No, wait, you’re not moping around…that would be doing something. You’re just… I don’t know, to me you seem… lifeless, Elle. I’m sorry, but that’s just the truth.” She conceded.

I nodded, understanding completely. Jules had always been the girl who’d tell what’s on her mind. I didn’t blame her for telling me that I’ve been “lifeless” these days, no. For the first time in a long time, I finally realized that I do need to get out of this trance. Maybe I do need that girl’s day out.

I looked up at her and smiled, “Wait for me. I’ll go and get dressed.”

Jules’ eyes lit up and squealed as she hugged me. I giggled and pulled away, standing up to go and get changed. After taking a quick shower, I pulled on a pair of jeans, a striped long sleeve top, and my black Vans. I applied a thin layer of eyeliner and mascara, brushed my teeth and hair, I was ready to go.

I went out the bathroom and back to the front where Jules is waiting. She grinned at me once she turned around. We walked out the bus and she linked her arm with me. We walked down the streets of Chicago until we finally found the mall.

We went from store to store, tried on different clothes, bought the things we wanted, and when the clock hit 11:30, we had four bags in hand. I know it’s not that much, but I didn’t want to spend so much in one day.

Jules and I decided to eat lunch at Arby’s. We found ourselves seats and ate. So far, I’m feeling better by the second. I was finally smiling, laughing, and feeling happy for real.

“Oh, the boys are here too.” Jules said as she looked over my shoulder.

I looked back, seeing the five of them smiling and waving at us. I turned my attention back to Jules and whispered, “You don’t think they’re going to get mobbed by fans here, don’t you?”

Her eyebrows furrowed as she thought about it for a minute before shrugging. “But I do think they’re here to ruin our girl’s day out,”

I giggled and shook my head at what she said. Soon enough, I was greeted with a kiss on the cheek. I looked up to see Garrett sitting next to me with a smile. I smiled back and kissed him fully on the lips. “God, please, stop! We don’t need to see that here,” Pat groaned and covered his eyes. I laughed at his childishness.

“You’re just jealous because my sister chose your best friend over you.” Jared chuckled.

Pat pouted and faked a cry. John patted his back and let him ‘cry’ on his shoulder. “There, there, Pat. I know how you feel. Joelle didn’t let me take her out for dinner way back in high school anyway,” John said sadly. He soon copied Pat’s actions and they 'cried' together.

We all sat there inside Arby’s, talking, laughing, and just being ourselves until Pat and Jared decided to drag me away from our group of friends claiming that the three of us ‘need to hang out for at least two hours.’

Image

The two led me to different places in Chicago, mainly to Field Museum. Jared knew how I’ve always fascinated that museum and my love for natural history. Back when we were kids, he promised me we would go there. And this is him now, truly making his promise. When we exited the museum, I hugged Jared and whispered, “Thanks for taking me to the place you promised me,”

He put me down and smiled. “C’mon, we’ve got a lot more to show you.”

In all honesty, I don’t know how we got to Grant Park. The ride there was pretty much a blur. I still couldn’t get over how I got in and saw Field Museum with my own eyes. I felt lightheaded and my cheeks ached from smiling so much.

As soon as we got to Grant Park, John and Kennedy were there. The boys exchanged bro hugs and I looked at them all morbidly. Jared and Pat hugged me before they took off without another word. I blinked, did they really just left me with John and Kenny?

“So, you ready to walk around this insanely huge park?” John asked me with a grin.

Wait a minute, did he just put walk and insanely huge all in one sentence? I mentally slapped myself for realizing that my legs would be dead by the end of the day. My eyes leered from John and to Kenny and around the whole park. I sighed and finally spoke. “Where to first?” I beamed.

First, John and Kenny took me to Millennium Park where we saw Cloud Gate. The boys distorted their face a couple of times on the sculpture, making me burst into laughter. Then, we went to see Crown Fountain. John didn’t seem to find it amusing, but I sure did. Lastly, we went to the place I’ve been dying to go to in that park; the Lurie Garden. I was in love with it and it took my breath away.

Halfway walking to the Buckingham Fountain, my feet started to take its toll on me and John volunteered to give me a piggy back ride. It took him a while to convince me that he’ll be okay with me on his back. Kennedy agreed, seeing that I’m ‘light as a feather.’

“Are you sure you’re okay?” I asked John, concern ringing in my voice.

He chortled. “It seems like you don’t trust me. C’mon Elle, I’ve carried you a couple of times back in high school. You’re practically my little sister that likes to get piggy back rides!”

Kennedy laughed. “But she loves Garrett and Jared more than any of us,”

I shot him a look. “Kenny, I love you all equally!”

“Elle, are you forgetting that Jared’s your brother and Garrett’s your boyfriend?” John laughed lightly.

“Hey, the five of you are my favourite boys, don’t make this hard on me.” I pouted.

Kennedy shook his head and looked up at me. “Still, Garrett owns your heart now, so basically, you love him the most.”

“Uh huh, and you’re dating my best friend, so basically, you love Jules more than me.”

Kennedy’s eyes went wide. I grinned down at him and soon enough, John put me down. I straightened myself out and quickly puzzled when I saw Garrett standing in front of us. John and Kennedy gave me a hug before they left. I watched them as they walked away, frowning. My frown faded in an instant once I turned back to see Garrett holding out a huge sunflower.

I took the flower from him and kissed him. “Thanks,” I blushed.

He draped his arm over my shoulder and we left Grant Park.

Image

It was twilight when we arrived at Navy Pier. Garrett took me out for dinner first before coming there, in which I thought, was sweet of him. We walked around the pier for a while until we decided to hit the Ferris wheel. The view from up the wheel was beautiful. Words couldn’t describe how beautiful Chicago looked like from way up.

I sighed as I let my head rest on Garrett’s shoulder. “I completely forgot how it felt like to be this ecstatic,” I muttered. “It’s like I’ve been numb for years and all of a sudden, I’m alive again and forgot every single feeling there is to feel.”

“I have to admit, seeing you so unhappy for two months just tore me apart,” he said. A twinge of guilt hit me so fast. I’ve been hanging inside my head for too long that it made me forget about the people that care about me.

“I’m sorry,” I mumbled.

“It’s all good now. You’re finally smiling and back to your normal self. She’s probably happy for you now that she sees you smiling,” he said softly.

“Thanks, Garrett.” I whispered and pecked him on the cheek.

As we left Navy Pier to go back to the bus, I really did felt alive and happy. For real. I didn’t have to fake a smile here and there. My cheeks burned from me smiling so much the whole day. In the back of my mind, I wished that this happiness would last and not just now, but for the rest of my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ten Times Better - Tonight Alive

Hola. Another update for you guise~ I'm not sure if this is going to make up for the last chapter, but I kinda think this is a bit better. I'm trying to update as much as I could seeing that school's coming up within two weeks. I'm not sure, idk when my first day is so... yeah.
Joelle's outfit. Idk I just felt like making one. I was bored and yeah. Joelle's portrayed by Nicole Fox, btw. lol js.

I'm going to bed land now. My eyes are begging me to go to sleep. Thanks for all the 69 readers and 9 subscribers! Really, I want to see your comments when I wake up. It would be highly appreciated. :] :] :]

-C