Status: Fin.

Inferno

Confessions

Iseult has been acting weird for 4 days now, I'm not entirely sure if its something that I've done but whenever I mention Colleen or Colleen and I are talking she bristles up and shuts down, worst of all, if her parents suggest that Colleen and I hang out or something Iseult just storms out of the room. I've tried asking her about it but her face just glazes over and she goes outside to play with Link and Zelda.

"Elva," I whisper as I walk into her bedroom, even though we're sharing the room I feel as if I'm intruding the last few days when I walk in if she's already in here.

I see her lying with her face buried in her pillows, something she seems to have taken to lately and gently sit next to her on the bed, I place a hand on the small of her back and she shifts out of my touch, before sighing and looking up at me from her pillows.

"Do you realise what they're trying to do?" she whispers and I realise that she's been crying, there are no tear tracks on her cheeks but her eyes are red and puffy and looking at her pillow there are two very wet patches.

"No, what are you talking about love?" I sift slightly on the bed, not a clue as to what she's referring but realising that I may just be about to find out what has put her into her mood.

"Ma thinks you'd be better off with Colleen, they're getting the two of you to spend more time together in the hopes you fall for each other," Iseult sighs and sits up on the bed cross-legged and hugging the pillow.

"But she's practically a sister to me? Don't they realise that I'm head over heels for you?" I whisper completely confused by her confession.

"Do you think they care? They like you and they want you to be with Colleen, I overheard them talking about how the two of you are more suited to each other, that I'm not worthy of you and we'd only end up breaking up anyway," she sighs and runs her hands through her hair, "It just frustrates me is all that the first time I'm happy they don't care, I mean honestly they think they can jus…"

"Iseult!" I exclaim and she stops her rant looking at me puzzled, I smile and continue, "Just shut the fuck up and kiss me, I'm not leaving you, I'm in love with you."

She begins to tear up and hugs me, before out lips connect and we fall into the stack of pillows.

Late that night as she lays there on her stomach, the covers only up to her bare waist, just as she's falling asleep I trail kisses up her back, following the slight dip in the middle that when she hunches over reveals the bumps of her spinal chord. Its now that I realise that I really, really, really love her, more than I probably even know, her smile is amazing, but watching her as she sleeps, the look of pure innocence displayed on her face, the look that reflects the softness of her golden heart, something I only ever see, how she looks right now is pushing me further and further in love with this woman 23 months older than me. I only wish everyone could see that we're so in love and forget about the stupid age gap.