Status: Fin.

Inferno

4:38am

She lay there, angelic in her sleep, the picture of innocence. one hand rested on the pillow entangled in her flowing red hair, the other under the covers, resting on the mattress not far from her slightly curled body. Outside the rain fell in a soothing beat and everything was like ice to touch, the only warmth beneath the sheets.

He carefully let himself inside the house, praying that her parents would not wake at the sound. He made his way upstairs and passed her brother asleep on the rug in front of the television and made his way upstairs, ensuring that he avoided making her bedroom door screech his presence. As he opens the door he stops, he smiles when he hears her father's droning snore, as he continues to open it gently he cringes when it shrieks.

Closing the door behind him he lightly pads to her bedside. His heart lifts and a smile flirts across his lips when he sees her wrapped in her covers and the peace of sleep. He touches her face and she stirs slightly before resuming her slumber. He slips off his shoes and removes his jacket and clothing until he remains only in his cotton boxers. He eases himself down and slips slightly under the covers, in her sleep she moves to allow him to take the place in the centre of the bed where she had heated it. Once he is situated on his back she moves close to him and curls her body against his. She wakes long enough to look at him, kissing his cheek and then resting her head close to his shoulder, a hand on the arm closest to her body, the other placed on his chest. He wraps his arm around her and then closes his eyes. A smile upon both their lips he whispers three simple words before he too allows slumber to engulf him as the clock ticks over to signify that it has hit 4:38.