Status: Completed :) Still up for comments though so go ahead and go at that comment box like a...well you get my point...

So Bitter Sweet

Waiting Games

"I'm bored." Jack said randomly.

We were all just sitting around talking to Jessie, she was a pretty cool chick. She's lived in this town her whole life, but I wouldn't really call it that. Dellview North, Carolina's population is exactly eleven people, they have only one paved road, and they are so small they don't even have a Governor. She hates it here and plans on moving to the big city, she says she's a dancer, a good one in Mya's opinion.

"There's a carnival in Gaston, it's only like ten minutes away, we could go there." Jessie suggested.

The group all nodded at the proposal.

"Do we have time Matty?" Mya asked.

"If we get back here by seven we should be good." Matt resolved.

"Whoo!" Jack shouted, running to his bunk.

Mya went with Jessie to her house so she could get changed quickly.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The carnival wasn't huge but it was pretty big, there were a bunch of games a few roller coasters and a huge Ferris wheel. When we walked in we heard the happy carnival music that Mya said creeped her out and a lot of laughing. It was a good environment.
Jack, Zack and Rian immediately went to those weird hammer things that tested your strength and Matt was on a call by the Porto potties. Jessie was talking to some guy at the cotton candy stand, leaving Mya and I alone.

"Don't you want to go see how wimpy you are?" She teased.

"Wimpy?" I scoffed, "This is pure muscle." I said, squeezing my bicep.

"So why don't you go give it a try?" She smirked.

"I wouldn't want to embarrass Zack, he takes pride in being the strongest."

"You kind, kind soul." She said sarcastically.

We laughed and walked around, playing games and talking. Sometimes when she laughed things went in slow motion and I just reveled in the moment that I was there, next to this beautiful girl with a magical smile. If she could read my mind she'd probably be rolling her eyes at me. We played the ring toss and I won her a giant Tweetie Bird just like in the cliche' books and movies but I bet in those the girl didn't argue to the death that Tweetie was a girl. I knew he was a boy but I finally gave up and just told her she was right.

"Ferris wheel?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Sounds good to me."

There was no line so we went straight into one of the little metal boxes that were going to be holding us 200 ft. in the air. As the wheel started to turn and she was looking over the edge at the setting sun I realized that now would be the time to ask her. At the thought my stomach turned but I had to do it, I've waited long enough.

"Mya?"

"Hm." She said, not really paying attention.

"I have something to ask you."

"What is it?" She said, still looking over the edge at the sun as we slowly made our way around, her head resting on her arm.

"Well I really like you Mya and I think you like me to and I was just wondering if maybe-."

"Alex."

"Mya, will you be my girlfriend?" I asked her.

She stayed where she was, not moving, not saying anything, my heart was pounding in my chest like a jack hammer.

Mya's P.O.V

He's going to ask me to be his girlfriend, we're in a Ferris wheel, the sun's setting, I knew it was coming, I really did expect this but it's still surprising. I looked over the edge of the Ferris wheel at the ground below, people never really looked like ants to me when I was high up, I just don't see the resemblance. I saw Jessie running down below laughing and soon after I saw Matt chasing her.

"I have something to ask you." Alex stated.

"What is it?" I asked, still looking over the edge.

Matt caught up with her and grabbed her by the waist, spinning her around.

I still don't know what to say when he asks me even though I know it's only seconds away.

They both fell to the ground, their laughing erupting from them in loud gasps.

"Well I really like you Mya and I think you like me to and I was just wondering if maybe-." He stammered.

"Alex." I said, subtly reminding him to calm down.

Their laughing quieted down and the just laid there for a minute before Matt stood up and offered her his hand, he was always such a gentleman.

"Mya, will you be my girlfriend?" He asked.

I didn't say anything, I didn't move. What was I waiting for? This amazing guy is asking me to be his 200 ft. in the air.

Matt pulled Jessie up quickly and she stumbled but he caught her, holding her close to his chest.

Alex is sweet and nice, he understands me more than most people. I just need to turn around and say yes. Seriously, what am I waiting for?!

They looked into each others eyes and they inched forward, Matt took the last remaining inch and pressed his lips to hers.

That. I was waiting for a sign that Matt could be happy without me. Now I know why I was waiting because I knew I wouldn't feel right being happy unless he had a chance to be to. I was waiting for him.

I turned around and smiled at Alex and then he did the same.

"I thought you'd never ask." I said quietly, letting him pull me into his arms and kiss me softly.

I'll try to make Alex happy, I'll do my best but I don't know how much I'll be able to give him. Alex hasn't seen the full extent of the messes I tend to make and hopefully he'll never have to.
♠ ♠ ♠
XD You guys are so speedy I should call you my cheetahs! So I decided to be speedy to!
Felicia_Selina
Alexander Gaskarth;
xXxBethaneexXx
callmeadreamer


Gah! Hope you like it! Thank you readers and subscribers and my lovely Cheetah/ Lions!