Status: foREVer

Scream

Trust

My eyes opened and shut from the light; I was about to open them again when I heard talking. I also noticed I was laying my head on someone’s lap as they combed their fingers through my hair; my legs were resting on someone’s lap also.

“Is she still weird around you?” I recognized the voice above me as Matt’s.

So he’s combing through my hair…

“What are you talking about Shads?” Johnny asked from beside me.

He’s at my feet.

“Come on man. No one’s here but us and Jasey, and she’s sleeping; you can tell me the truth,” we are alone?

Johnny sighed.

“She acts weird around me, I don’t know why and I hate it,” I could feel the pain in his voice and it hurt me too.

“Has she at least grown closer to you since she first met you?”

“No, the first day she didn’t seem scared of me but I fucked up.”

“How?”

“She reached out and touched my arm and… I freaked and pulled back. She thought I rejected her or something and has been distant ever since.”

“Why’d you freak out?” That’s what I’d like to know.

“When she touched me I felt… I don’t know man, I can’t explain it but its unexplainable and I freaked out. It felt like I got electrocuted or something but not a bad feeling.”

“Hmm,” Matt sounded thoughtful. “I think you should give her time; keep being there and she might get used to you. She doesn’t seem like one to trust easy,”

“No shit,” Johnny muttered. “Yet she seems perfectly fine around you guys and Max,” he scoffed annoyed and I felt guilty.

“Maybe because we didn’t reject her,” he pointed.

“I didn’t reject her,” he sighed.

Time to wake up. I stirred lightly before opening my eyes and shutting them a few times to get used to the light. My vision cleared and I saw Matt’s dimpled grin looking down at me. I returned it with a light one of my own. I sat up and stretched before looking at Johnny and smiling lightly and looking around confused.

“The guys are upstairs watching a game.” Matt explained and I nodded before looking at him with a raised eyebrow.

Why aren’t you guys with them?

“Johnny doesn’t want to leave you alone and I decided to stay with him,” I nodded again.

I stood up and stretched before looking around.

“Here,” Johnny handed me a piece of paper and a pen and I smiled.

How long did I sleep?

“About 2 hours,” he smiled.

When did you finish practice?

“About an hour ago,” Matt answered and I stared at them guilty.

“Don’t worry about it,” he smiled. “We wanted to wait here until you woke up.” He smiled and I smiled at the sight of his dimpled grin.

Johnny cleared his throat and our attention went to him.

“Do you want to go upstairs?” I nodded and followed them up there.

Once we reached the top we walked into the living room and all eyes were on us. I shifted in my spot uncomfortably.

“You wanna sit?” Jimmy asked and I nodded before taking a seat.

Matt came over and sat beside me and Johnny went to my other side. They were both pretty close and I tried to remain calm about that. Pulling my leg up I rested my chin on my knee as I wrapped my arms around my leg and the other dangled off the side of the couch.

The guys started to talk and I took the time to think. I tried to evaluate my emotions around each of them. I don’t think I was scared of any of the large tattooed men; no only my father was the problem.

Jimmy was a lot to take especially for a trauma victim but he was a joy all the same. I already felt like I could trust him with my life even if I hadn’t shown him I trusted him, I hadn’t shown any of them I trusted them yet.

Brian was another one I was comfortable around, I knew I was safe around him. His confidence radiated off of him and instead of feeling inferior around such an amazingly handsome individual like most would be he made me feel comfortable in my own skin.

Zacky wasn’t as confident as Brian but you could tell he was comfortable all of the same. He was more laid back and I felt as if I didn’t have to try as hard around him for some reason. He made me feel perfect in my own skin and as if nothing I could do would be wrong to him or something. Maybe it was his flirtatious attitude but he made me feel great.

And Matt, I saved him for last for a reason; he made me feel the most special. I felt like no one in the world could lay a bad hand on me when he was around. He radiated protective in every pour of his body. With his size I should be fearful of him but with his aura you can tell he was like a big teddy bear and could never harm a fly; unless that fly hurt the ones he loved.

He was calmer than Brian with his anger and didn’t need to try as hard with the ladies as Zacky. He was funny in his own way that wasn’t insane like Jimmy and didn’t need the cocky attitude my father tried to display.

Matt held everything together and I found myself closer to him somehow then the rest of the guys.

It’s saddening when a girl finds more comfort in her father’s friends then her actual father but time will tell I guess.

I yawned and pulled my other leg up. Without thinking I scooted down the couch and rested my head on the closest shoulder I could. Big muscle arms wrapped around me and pulled me closer to them as I shut my eyes.

“Sleep Jace,” Matt whispered into my ear and for the third time that day I did.
♠ ♠ ♠
Expect drama next update :P

I love how she explained the guys... Does anyone else?

Comment & Subscribe
-Neche