Status: foREVer

Scream

Johnny

Fear and anxiety coursed through my veins as I walked beside Max, his presence was comforting but I was still aware of the scene that lay in front of me.

I was passed scared shitless. I felt the urge to cry again almost overpowering but I pushed it down. We finally made it to the door and Max squeezed my hand again before opening it.

I took a deep breath before following him inside.

I made sure to keep just out of view, positioning myself behind Max who was taller than me; now that I think about it anyone and everyone was taller than me. Despite my mom’s 5’10 figure I was short, extremely short, about 5’2 to be exact.

Max stopped and from where I stood I couldn’t see the view of the kitchen like he could. My gaze went to the floor because I was too afraid to look up.

I didn’t notice people were talking when we came in until it grew quiet; again with that annoying silence.

“Johnny?” Someone asked and I looked up alarmed.

My dad Johnny?

A short man came into view; he still managed to be taller than me but was still short nonetheless.

Normally I would have cowered away from someone but I didn’t, my legs wouldn’t move and something in my brain told me it was alright.

I didn’t know I was holding my breath until my lungs started to burn. I inhaled then cursed myself when it came out shaky.

The man wore a tight black shirt that said ‘Jack Daniels’ on it and tighter black jeans hugged his bottom half, his arms were muscular and decorated with color tattoos of monsters, his head sported a black Mohawk spiked with gel, and he had a piercing in his nose.

The silence remained around us and I never wanted to speak so badly.

Just like with Max my hand had a mind of its own; I reached up and went to trace one of his arm tattoos. He watched my hand carefully and when our skin finally connected I felt a shot of warmth spread through me from the spot where we touched, I knew he felt it too because he yanked his arm away.

I quickly brought my hand back to my side and frowned slightly.

“Jace?” Cathy called and I looked over at her.

Her expression was one of worry and sadness.

“We should go,” she got up after she said that and I nodded.

She walked over and grabbed my hand; we rushed out before anyone could stop us.
♠ ♠ ♠
hope this wasn't TOO bad, with his reaction i mean... i wanted it to be harsh but not TOO harsh ya know?
Tell me what you think.
Comment and Subscribe
-Neche